Berahino

I dunno what his role is, its like bloody pinball, it just bounces off him, seriously how Moore can take kamberi off an leave Berahino on, makes me wonder if he has been promised a start, cos theres no reasoning behind that substitution in my eyes...if you want to upset someone, upset Berahino, not Kamberi.

Even bringing Hunt and Fizz on for Berahinio an' Dennis and shoving Paterson further forward, ..Paterson looked P *ssed off, not his greatest game, but he offers more than Berahino

• Like 4

I've been expressing my disappointment in him for many weeks (even since his first substitute appearance when I said he didn't even look like he knew what a football was) but have always tempered it with 'maybe he'll come good'. But I'm losing patience. How many opportunities does he need to show us there's anything (ANYTHING) there? 

I wouldn't mind 'playing him in' if, when we did give him a shirt, he showed at least a modicum of effort. Then, even if his touch was off, he could at least contribute through his nuisance value. But he seems to move around the pitch based on wherever the ball isn't going to be. At no point does he even worry a defender in possession, he just lingers somewhere nearby, not close enough to make any difference. Against Sunderland we outplayed them by pressing from the front. We can't do that against anyone with Berahino in the side.

He was our weak link today and should have been hooked much sooner. When I heard Jack Hunt was about to come on I thought Berahino would come off and Paterson move to CF. Then it transpired Gregory was coming on - great, a straight swap for Berahino. But no, Berahino stayed on and Kamberi replaced. Eh?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I dunno what his role is, its like bloody pinball, it just bounces off him, seriously how Moore can take kamberi off an leave Berahino on, makes me wonder if he has been promised a start, cos theres no reasoning behind that substitution in my eyes...if you want to upset someone, upset Berahino, not Kamberi.

Even bringing Hunt and Fizz on for Berahinio an' Dennis and shoving Paterson further forward, ..Paterson looked P *ssed off, not his greatest game, but he offers more than Berahino

I thought Paterson looked well fed up an all. And Hunt is better in that role anyway. 

At the level we're playing at, Gregory and one of Paterson or Kamberi is probably the best we can do up top. Can't really see a role for SB. Like you say, poor control, not particularly strong or pacey - offers not a reyt lot for me.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Dunno what he brings to the team,  don’t particularly think we needed him.

Currently at the view Moore signed him as get a mate  a job and to get him back into English football. 

We signed him because he used to keep Harry Kane out of the England U21 side and had a great goalscoring record in the Premier League. IF ONLY he could rediscover even a fraction of that form and get us some goals he would be a fantastic signing. But I think I've seen enough to know that isn't going to happen. Whatever form he had disappeared many years ago (when he was at Stoke and couldn't even score penalties). It was worth a gamble but it has failed. There, I've come off the fence.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

We signed him because he used to keep Harry Kane out of the England U21 side and had a great goalscoring record in the Premier League. IF ONLY he could rediscover even a fraction of that form and get us some goals he would be a fantastic signing. But I think I've seen enough to know that isn't going to happen. Whatever form he had disappeared many years ago (when he was at Stoke and couldn't even score penalties). It was worth a gamble but it has failed. There, I've come off the fence.

Agreed, we’ve seen enough now to know he’s lost it.  I think he’ll be off on loan somewhere in the world in January, inferior to league 1

Waddle got it right today, we are badly missing some quality in the final third. Hopefully there’s plans in January to rejig the squad and have better forward players, otherwise we will be drawing a lot more games this season 

• Like 1

It maybe a simplistic view, but you shouldn't give much game time to a striker who doesn't have the pace to get away from any league 1 centre half, and equally doesn't have any sort of first touch to effectively play back to goal. As good as he used to be, today he unfortunately looked like someone Moore played as a favour.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Is he part of the same church group as Big Darren Moore? 

Hopeless. 

I was very happy that we managed to sign him and I was hopefull that he would be a great asset for our team. It was a gamble, which could have paid off.

I see that it does not work, but IMO it has nothing to do with DMs church group or whatever. 

(I do prefer Gregory+Kamberi, but it is ok for me that Berahino had another chance in a cup game.  Nothing wrong or dodgy about it, is it?)

Have to agree with most of these comments. 
He looks poor and disinterested. 
I’m sure he isn’t but sadly I don’t think he’s the answer. 
Windass will come into this side and push him further down the pecking order. I’d cut him loose. 

• Like 2

I read somewhere he's on a pay as you play deal with bonuses.

I don't think it's lack of effort just seems to be off the pace massively. Ball kept bouncing off his shin and he struggled to control anything. 

It's a shame as I thought he would be much better than he is but seems to have lost that spark he once had. Still thought he'd be half decent at this level but unsure he's capable now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I've been expressing my disappointment in him for many weeks (even since his first substitute appearance when I said he didn't even look like he knew what a football was) but have always tempered it with 'maybe he'll come good'. But I'm losing patience. How many opportunities does he need to show us there's anything (ANYTHING) there? 

I wouldn't mind 'playing him in' if, when we did give him a shirt, he showed at least a modicum of effort. Then, even if his touch was off, he could at least contribute through his nuisance value. But he seems to move around the pitch based on wherever the ball isn't going to be. At no point does he even worry a defender in possession, he just lingers somewhere nearby, not close enough to make any difference. Against Sunderland we outplayed them by pressing from the front. We can't do that against anyone with Berahino in the side.

He was our weak link today and should have been hooked much sooner. When I heard Jack Hunt was about to come on I thought Berahino would come off and Paterson move to CF. Then it transpired Gregory was coming on - great, a straight swap for Berahino. But no, Berahino stayed on and Kamberi replaced. Eh?

With respect, you could have just written he has nothing to give. 
Because that sums him up.

It’s a bit sad really 

I saw him as a gamble worth taking but like all gambles some come off and some don’t. So far he has looked poor. He did sting the keepers palms with a shot in the second half but his all round gameplay wasn’t good at all. Will he come good? Probably not. I’d start him in the Papa John’s but the most dangerous pairing I’ve seen for us so far is Kamberi and Gregory. Even that pairing isn’t exactly world beating but should do OK in L1. 
Im not even going to speculate about where Windass will fit in when he’s back. He’s been out a long time and it could take a long time for him to get match fit. 

• Like 1