Berahino

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

We should seriously consider a bid for Cole Stockton at Morecambe on 1st of Jan, hes out of contract this summer and already on 12 goals, wont cost us anymore then weve paid in fees already.

Has to be WAY better option than Berahino on every level

We are not allowed to pay for players, only free's and loans.

18 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Shame wanted him to do well here,not great at minute.I think going forward best pair up top will be Kemberi and Windass if they can play together with Gregory off bench late on...

Sow looked neat and tidy when he came on....

UTO

you do know that Gregory has 6 goals already don’t you…he’s on course to get in the region of 20 and your dropping him 🤣

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

you do know that Gregory has 6 goals already don’t you…he’s on course to get in the region of 20 and your dropping him 🤣

Yes i know that,he could be easily be  in double figures with the chances he's missed too.Im on about getting some pace and movment up front,make defenders have to think about us not just stand there a mark static players.He will score at this level.He's also getting on too.I'll be glad to see Windass back,he moves em around and plays channels too.Gregory is a between the posts 6 yard man now.That only works when we play wingers.we are not going to win every game 1-0,we need more m8 to push on,thats why he would be better off bench last 30 when defenders have been ran silly.IMO.

And 20 goals you say??I'll have a pint on it he dosent..

UTO...

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Like playing with a kid upfront.

How he was getting minutes ahead of Kamberi is just another worry for me with the manager.

Agree. If he was 18 you'd think maybe. As an experienced pro his contribution so far is poor.

24 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yes i know that,he could be easily be  in double figures with the chances he's missed too.Im on about getting some pace and movment up front,make defenders have to think about us not just stand there a mark static players.He will score at this level.He's also getting on too.I'll be glad to see Windass back,he moves em around and plays channels too.Gregory is a between the posts 6 yard man now.That only works when we play wingers.we are not going to win every game 1-0,we need more m8 to push on,thats why he would be better off bench last 30 when defenders have been ran silly.IMO.

And 20 goals you say??I'll have a pint on it he dosent..

UTO...

I said he’ll get in the region of 20 goals…he may well fall short but he’ll certainly be getting towards that if he carries on his current ratio. 

I also disagree with your comment about him been a 6 yard box player…have you seen his work rate off the ball?? His assist at Wigan typifies his what he offers 

17 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

We should seriously consider a bid for Cole Stockton at Morecambe on 1st of Jan, hes out of contract this summer and already on 12 goals, wont cost us anymore then weve paid in fees already.

Has to be WAY better option than Berahino on every level

We can't bid on players unfortunately. Out of contracts or free signings only, due to our soft embargo.

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

They said during the game that we can't pay any fee for players, only loans and free's, unless the commentator got his facts wrong.

Commentator was correct, Byers was free. Imagine we had to get creative to how we signed him.

Moore’s obviously felt he might be able to revitalise Berahino having known him at West Brom. Similar to what others have already posted Berahino has the air of a player devoid of confidence. His first touch looks poor and haven’t got the luxury of patiently waiting for him to come good. 

As for Gregory I reallly like what I see. He’s a real handful and makes intelligent runs and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the first Wednesday forward in a long time to bag 20 goals in a season. 

Gregory still runs the channels gets his body in between defender and ball. Brings others into the game and still is managing to score at a decent return? He’s lost his pace which is why he now playing in league one with us?  Berihino struggles to do all of the above is Miles quicker and younger than Gregory but seems to lack the work rate and intelligence of someone who’s played in prem? I know they different types of players but was really like playing with ten men Sunday.hope he comes good but can’t see it atm unfortunately