Berahino

15 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

First impressions - I think he's got good movement around the box and is good at shooting. But he's got less pace than I thought and doesn't really hold the ball up well. Play him and he'll score goals. But not a great deal else. It's Jordan Rhodes Mark II.

Not an ideal sub for days like today when you're trying to see out a game. I wouldn't have minded seeing Corbeanu given a run up front - as the game opens up, his pace and dribbling would be an asset.

I personally  feel that Corbeanu would have had a field day v. Wimbledon, as they were so open on their left.

Jack Hunt often had the freedom of the park against them and put in numerous crosses.

We are currently far too wary of the opposition, it seems.

Really hope that this changes soon!

To be fair, we were a lot more attack minded yesterday  and despite the disappointing result, I generally enjoyed our all round play, so perhaps things are starting to gel?

It WILL take time, I do appreciate that.........

UTO.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

He'll get Moore the sack if this carries on.

Hate to say it but our form has fallen off a cliff since he signed.

Such a banter signing.  Anyone with half a brain could see this was a desperate gamble.

He'll get Moore the sack? So it's berahinos fault the manager isn't picking him to play in his favourite and most natural position? New one on me that... 

Just now, JOCOWl said:

He'll get Moore the sack? So it's berahinos fault the manager isn't picking him to play in his favourite and most natural position? New one on me that... 

It's a figure of speech.

SB shouldn't be getting on the pitch at all.

Smells like another Jeffers/Bothroyd situation to me.

• Like 1

I am not particularly in the "Moore Out" camp as yet as I’m not sure that continually changing manager helps our cause. However, some of the decisions he makes, both in starting line ups and substitutions are baffling  and will eventually lead to his downfall.
Bringing Berahino on, a front two striker and then playing him out wide when you have Corbeanu sat on the bench is one such example.

Living in the West Midlands, I have several friends that are Wolves season ticket holders and they are amazed that Corbeanu is not getting a regular place in our starting line up. He was seriously considered for a place in the Wolves 25 man squad for the premiership this season.

Corbeanu has himself been quoted in the West Midlands press as being ‘disappointed’ with his time at Hillsborough to date and I can see him being recalled to Wolves come the new year.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

It's a figure of speech.

SB shouldn't be getting on the pitch at all.

Smells like another Jeffers/Bothroyd situation to me.

Guess it could go either way. Hoping he wants to prove himself as opposed to getting a last payday. Sounds like he's come for a pay cut and wouldn't have been the best wage in Belgium anyway. And he knows where the net is, so play to his strengths.

Just now, JOCOWl said:

Guess it could go either way. Hoping he wants to prove himself as opposed to getting a last payday. Sounds like he's come for a pay cut and wouldn't have been the best wage in Belgium anyway. And he knows where the net is, so play to his strengths.

There's so much to unpick here.

Just now, JOCOWl said:

Hoping he wants to prove himself as opposed to getting a last payday. Sounds like he's come for a pay cut

That's conjecture.  Is there any proof of this?  How do you know what wage SB is on here?  Why have you brought SB's pay into the discussion?

Just now, JOCOWl said:

and wouldn't have been the best wage in Belgium anyway.

Again, what's this statement actually based on?  What money was SB getting at his last club?

Just now, JOCOWl said:

And he knows where the net is, so play to his strengths.

Berahino has not been a prolific goal-scorer for over 5 years.

His career has nosedived since the 2016/17 season.  Hence why he's playing in League One when he should be in the prime years of his career.  He's a busted flush.

I'm not saying SB is the only reason why we're struggling to put together a run of decent results right now.  But it cannot be denied that our league form has fallen off a cliff since this guy signed for us.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

There's so much to unpick here.

That's conjecture.  Is there any proof of this?  How do you know what wage SB is on here?  Why have you brought SB's pay into the discussion?

Again, what's this statement actually based on?  What money was SB getting at his last club?

Berahino has not been a prolific goal-scorer for over 5 years.

His career has nosedived since the 2016/17 season.  Hence why he's playing in League One when he should be in the prime years of his career.  He's a busted flush.

I'm not saying SB is the only reason why we're struggling to put together a run of decent results right now.  But it cannot be denied that our league form has fallen off a cliff since this guy signed for us.

You highlighted 3 times the fact that I reference his wages. I reference this as people have stated previously that he has come to enjoy a payday. In terms of knowing what he is on, then I don't, I'm just echoing what has been published by journalists that follow and report on Wednesday. One quoted DM as saying he had taken a significant pay cut to return to the UK. If they've made all that up then I apologise! 

Berahino made his name as a goalscorer... In the Premier league....he must have had a couple of fluke seasons then.... 

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I am not particularly in the "Moore Out" camp as yet as I’m not sure that continually changing manager helps our cause. However, some of the decisions he makes, both in starting line ups and substitutions are baffling  and will eventually lead to his downfall.
Bringing Berahino on, a front two striker and then playing him out wide when you have Corbeanu sat on the bench is one such example.

Living in the West Midlands, I have several friends that are Wolves season ticket holders and they are amazed that Corbeanu is not getting a regular place in our starting line up. He was seriously considered for a place in the Wolves 25 man squad for the premiership this season.

Corbeanu has himself been quoted in the West Midlands press as being ‘disappointed’ with his time at Hillsborough to date and I can see him being recalled to Wolves come the new year.

It’s very bizarre and poor management from someone.  Whether people rate them or not, players like Corbeanu and Kamberi must be thinking why did I choose to sign on loan for this club who clearly have no intention of playing me regularly? Can see them both asking to be recalled in January, if they haven’t already 

• Like 4