Finally we got one that helped us. Nailed on penalty at the end. He seemed to favour them 1st half and us 2nd. Proper weird. My lad was worried he'd gone deaf when Bannan handballed it cos he didn't hear the whistle. 

But overall that was a shocking performance again from a ref. Just cis it went our way fir a change doesn't hide the fact the officials at this level are really poor. 

I praised the ref we had Tuesday so I'm not just a ref basher BTW. 

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Nailed on pen? No chance, the ball got blasted at Bannan from a few yards away. I've seen them given, but it's never a pen.

I'd still have appealed for it at the other end, obviously lol

It was definitely a pen bannans arms were stretched out when ball hit him it wasn't even a hard decision to give

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Finally we got one that helped us. Nailed on penalty at the end. He seemed to favour them 1st half and us 2nd. Proper weird. My lad was worried he'd gone deaf when Bannan handballed it cos he didn't hear the whistle. 

But overall that was a shocking performance again from a ref. Just cis it went our way fir a change doesn't hide the fact the officials at this level are really poor. 

We're in L3 so we get refs who will never reach the higher leagues.

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I was at the front of the north when it hit Bannans hand right in front of me.

The ref patted his thigh 🤣🤣🤣

16 hours ago, westy365owl said:

It was definitely a pen bannans arms were stretched out when ball hit him it wasn't even a hard decision to give

Nope referee clearly told players it hit knee first and then hand - was no penalty 😉

17 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

We’ve certainly had worse refs but Its the inconsistency that’s the worst thing. Iorfa was rightly booked first half but then their player did something just as blatant about 5 mins later and wasn’t booked. 

Seems to hit his hip to me. Maybe the rebound brushes his hand, but definitely not a handball for a rebound when the ball is blasted at you from that close.

Freeze frames don't really work for this kind of thing, but you can kind of see it misses his arm on the way in.

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 09.45.49.png