So come on… what’s causing the lack of success?

10 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I think you've answered your own question.

If the tactics and line ups aren't working then whoever decides on the tactics and line ups is the one responsible.

Yeah but what I’m looking for really is why the tactics aren’t working 

which part of the tactics is failing 

Owlstalk Shop

What a question.

Too slow at the back. Needs to zip into advanced areas much much quicker.

The players look uncomfortable. If you can read body language, you'll see it. 

I think we possibly signed too many players. Maybe.

There's talk of winning the league. But the intensity of our play isn't matching statements like that.

• Like 1

I do think we are the 'team to beat' in this division - a lot of the smaller teams will up their game when playing us. This does us no favours. Also, I think that because of this, it has taken pressure off of Sunderland. 

Darren Moore seems like a really good, genuine, nice guy, how many of those are actually successful?

• Like 1

Over complicating things with crazy formations. 

We would all like to play like Brazil but get real

The players look confused to me

The fans certainly are

The number of posts where fans say they don’t know what formation we play

If a team is well drilled  the fans watching from the stands know what happens next 

But we may say…. That’s ok but the opposition will know too…….That may be true but if your so well drilled they struggle to stop . In the very least your going toe toe with the opposition

Just ask anyone who watched Wilkinson’s team in the 80’s

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Someone tell me the actual reason these tactics and lineups aren’t working 

Don’t say Bannan either

Tell me what’s causing the lack of chances

The lack of creativity and goals 

Why are we stuttering and struggling to score and win?

It’s playing out from the back. We just can’t do it. We find the opposition players more than we find our own. We are easy to press and then we turn our own possession into attack for the opposition time after time. 
When we looked decent against Wigan and looked a bit more threatening today it was because we played a more ‘traditional’ league one game. Harass the opposition, hit the channels with direct balls, be aggressive and play percentages. 
Playing out from the back does not work with the players we have. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but what I’m looking for really is why the tactics aren’t working 

which part of the tactics is failing 

After today I can't identify a part part of our tactics that isn't failing.

• Like 1

I think our general first touches were really poor! Once you don't control the ball, it gives the opposition to take advantage and this happened far too many times. We seemed to play like strangers , where no one knew where their team mates either were or where they wanted the ball. Along with a lack of desire , you could have the world's best manager in charge and it would make no difference.  22060 at the game and the players give the crowd nothing to shout about. Despite the shocking officials today . We are a bang average side upto now 

• Like 2

It was shocking how few 50/50’s we seemed to lose today.

Players taking too long to move the ball, too indecisive.

Allowing their players far too much time.

We have some very good players for L1, Moore just isn’t getting it right and unfortunately I can’t see it changing.

• Like 2

Where to start - there is so much wrong

Manager

- lacks a clear idea of what he is trying to achieve which is leading to constant changing of the starting 11

- seems unable to change a game with his substitutions

- play players in the positions they are comfortable (Brown instead of Johnson in defence?)

Tactics

- L1 is not great - you don't need to play Rolls Royce football to get out of it....you do need a style of play which suits your players and which they can buy into and execute better than the opposition

- lets get rid of the tippy tippy playing it out from the back the players seem uncomfortable with it and it costing points week in and week out

- sort out a solid base in midfield we are constantly being overrun

- institute a high press...the opposition are not that good .....so force errors higher up the pitch were turning over possession hurts them and should produce more chances than our midfield seems able to create in open play

• Like 9

Moore's obsession with out and out wingers is one problem, it leaves us overrun in middle not helped by players keep giving ball away. 

Trying to play it out from back when most of our defenders aren't good enough to do this is another problem. Soon as teams press us they panic and end up giving ball away. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Losing mentality ingrained into this club, has been for years, you can change the personnel but it’s still there. Carlos was the only one that came close, it’ll take someone or something special to change it

Yes, you may be right.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Someone tell me the actual reason these tactics and lineups aren’t working 

Don’t say Bannan either

Tell me what’s causing the lack of chances

The lack of creativity and goals 

Why are we stuttering and struggling to score and win?

We haven’t gelled yet.

The minute that happens somebody’s going to get a hiding.lol

• Haha 5