So come on… what’s causing the lack of success?

In my opinion - I think there’s a number of issues. I don’t rate the goalkeeper. I haven’t seen any real leadership skills since Loovens went. You need those Bullen, Coughlin, Rob Jones and Semedo type leaders. We lack quality in terms of width, makes us so predictable at times. Wing and Bannan can’t play together as they’re to similar. I prefer Hutchinson at CB (Dunkley makes me nervous)but then we lack that ball winner in midfield.

But at the end of the day, Moore has his hands tied in terms of the quality of his signings. Out of the 14, there’s not many pulling many trees up. We’re a rebuild project and will take years - league one ain’t easy. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t like the way Moore sets us up. Second half I thought we looked far more dangerous - 4-4-2. We will create chances if we use wide players properly and get balls into the box. I just hope this is a lightbulb moment for Darren.

Wigan game should have been that.....there wont be any 'light bulb' moments  he will keep doing what he is doing,until he gets the sack,or resigns

50 minutes ago, darra said:

Getting prepared to get this post ripped apart but I think the crowd has to take some responsibility. Listening to the away games our fans are making the most noise and in a lot of games are the only ones you can hear. That must affect the team? Today the loudest noise at times was some bloke sat in the South stand calling one of the players not sure if it was theirs or ours baldy. Telling somebody to put a foot on it. It was very quiet at times. Shouted at the lino a few times as well. 

Yeah thats it!!! how did we miss it....its the fans fault   didnt the team hear your clapping mate? cos its deafening me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We are soft , too easy to out muscle , too easy to play against.

And for me its the same old problem that we have had since Hull beat us at Wembley. A complete lack of a couple of hatchet men , a couple of nasty little gits in midfield to give us some presence on the pitch. we are too easily bullied . we have a soft underbelly ,and opposition teams know this. 

This sums it up nicely. 

We are a cup final for a lot of these clubs. 

So they are up for it big time and we don’t have the physicality or mentality for a fight. 

We are soft f@@kers and need a manager who can remove the billy big b@lloX mentality. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Waddya do though?...what comes first..Chicken or the egg

On one hand you have 22'000 tipping up in this bloody division?...You sing "Hi Ho"....you cheer when they start....Then they totally f.ook up with a bad pass to a poor player...and you are losing 0-1 at home?

I mean...pardon me for not performing like it was "Last night at the Proms" Darra..but i was P8ssed off

Add to that recipe...Yer owner selling your own ground back to himself.........nearly 3 decades of  "back in two weeks"...Premiership return tickets"...."Suing your OWN fans" "Europe in 5 years"..."Cakeball" "Jos" "Monk" "Pulis" ..Then your own sodding Chairman actually relegating you.

On top of that...needing a f.ookin' fire certificate to bring a sodding blue and white handkerchief into the ground, 5 minutes mute silence for a bloke you never heard of  25 pies to serve 25000 fans...prices that would make a shiek shake..and terribly poor football for nigh on 3 decades....I'm surprised the Kop is still peopled by folk who can talk wivout dribblin'...let alone sort a chant out!

Great post. No one wants to boo and complain, but after all the things above (and more) what do you do?  The Semedo applause was spine tingling yet the players didn't even respond to that. After the Plymouth debacle (and others) the team are clapped out and almost worshipped at the next home game. And they repay us with insipid spineless, clueless displays like today and Shrewsbury. I despair.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Animis said:

no central midfielder recruited for over two years.

Even then we only had Luongo, who was finished this time last year.

...since losing against HCFC at Wembley. 

And right now that and playing 4-3-3 is the problem.

Go to 4-4-2 and for fooooks sake use players who can actually take control of midfield and then create the chances for 2 strikers. 

We've stopped doing the hard hard in your face football that disrupts the opposition and enables us to decide the type of game it will be.  

We can gel all we want but that won't upset the other team. 

11 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

The most tolerant football fans in the world you mean? Jesus wept

If only we headed blown all of the big deals the chairman had lined up we'd be beating Barcelona in a super League every week

2 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Not sure what you're trying to say...not being funny what's the point?

I was sarcastically restating the chairman's views on what the thematic causes of the problems within the club are, but if you have to explain a joke it's not funny, so my bad.

11 minutes ago, Shadowl said:

I was sarcastically restating the chairman's views on what the thematic causes of the problems within the club are, but if you have to explain a joke it's not funny, so my bad.

Sorry I get it now

Personally I think the chairman right now is the least of our worries. He's screwed us for sure but..

The squad is strong..the manager feels weak..that's my biggest worry

• Like 1

Tactics are wrong, we can’t play from the back

lack of bottle amongst the players

lack of pace

lack of aggression 

no winning mentality or game management 

keeper going through dodgy spell

and a lack of luck....just seen their first goal and definite foul in front of useless lino and add that to last home game with linesman giving offside to perfectly good goal. Not seen “pen” apart from live when I thought it was definitely a pen.

I'm really infuriated after that match.

Does anyone know what our game plan is? (including the players)

Patterson asked our bench what formation we were playing for about 5 minutes, after a substitution.

Out of possession, we even had a back SIX at one point, even though the ball was 50yards away.

On the break, we looked like kids all running towards the ball in the playground.

When Radio Sheffield asked about the game, DM seemed vague and said that he and his team would have to analyise it - If he knows what his plan is and it didn't work, then he should know what the problems were.  Not good enough.

We hit the post and bar, had two penalty shouts, and we still deserved to lose that one.   Not good enough and something has to change, quick.