So come on… what’s causing the lack of success?

48 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

You can't really answer that question without mentioning the manager or players. End of the day Moore picks the team, sets up the tactics. The buck stops with him.

Thats the answer, simple.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Can’t tackle

Cant pass

Midfield with more holes  than Swiss cheese

Nearly always lose 50/50s

Can’t Harrass teams like every other team in the league seems to do

A goalie who drops a clanger every game

Oh, and a manager that’s totally inept tactically

Apart from that have we really got any problems lol

Look at the team today compared to Oxford.

We have far superior players but Oxford knew what they are doing.

They have a settled system of play, a relatively settled team. They knew and trusted their shape.  Loads of times they just played balls into the channels without even looking. They knew there’d be a runner and the runner knew the ball was coming.

In contrast we don’t know what formation we are going to play, we make changes every match, there seems to be no strategy in terms of how we actually want to play.

This is highlighted by when we press, are we pressing or not? You either press as a team or you don’t. One or two pressing on their own is pointless and is let’s face it, a pretty basic thing for a decent coach to sort out.

How are we trying to break teams down? We don’t keep controlled possession, neither do we hit balls into areas or hit quickly on the counter.

I’m totally confused as to our identity as a team, and it appears the players are too.

• Like 5

We've only really succeeded when we've had a strong, charismatic manager who knew exactly what he wanted and how to get it from the players.

We've had too many Meh years with meh managers and players over the last 30 years save for the odd couple of seasons. Fans respond to excitement and passion - we are currently drifting around with neither. Can't believe we are still pulling in the punters.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Someone tell me the actual reason these tactics and lineups aren’t working 

Don’t say Bannan either

Tell me what’s causing the lack of chances

The lack of creativity and goals 

Why are we stuttering and struggling to score and win?

Starts at the top - we are a club without direction and identity. DC seems to be a silent partner which is for a footballing novice probably a good thing. That does lead to a lack of strategic direction which every organisation needs. Beyond that, DM is a poor manager - nice bloke but tactically inept. Nice blokes win nowt and this is where we are. Rudderless and clueless.

• Like 3

This thread has highlighted there are a number of things wrong. DM is employed to address these sort of things but after 7 months here he isn’t showing signs of it. Even if the clock ticks just from this season, he’s not doing very well is he.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Don’t say Bannan either

Cos all the other teams are better than us...and Bannan of course 😊

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Don’t say Bannan either

Don’t say manager / chairman /or players !!! 

so what’s left 

we have a clueless chairman manager and players which result in the following 

we can’t score and we struggle to win 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Don’t say Bannan either

We obviously don't see them in training so from an outsider looking in and only seeing them every other week I'd be questioning why Johnson and wing are starting and why we don't have the natural scorer Berahino starting. I'd also be kicking the playing from the back from goal kicks in to touch cos it turns into us coming under pressure. 

• Like 1

A couple of times in the second half we actually put some balls in front of players to run onto. All too often we play passes to feet or behind players which slows us down. Then that player immediately has two or three of their players around them and end up in a scrap, often losing the ball. Berahino, by the way made some super runs in that second half but they weren't picked out.

We all seem to play with our backs to goal so rarely get a shot in. There was a moment where Wing and Bannan were tapping it backwards and forwards to each other on the edge of the box. Neither seemed to want to shoot. 

Add to that our goalkeeper, defence, no left back (torn apart down that side time and time again) and nobody to put their laces through the ball in front of goal and that's about it.

Oh, and don't even get me started on playing out from the back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1