So come on… what’s causing the lack of success?

4 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

I'm saying the manager. He doesn't have a scooby. 

Single most important appointment at any club. He's out of his depth and we need a change sooner rather than later. 

Nice guy but sorry he has to go. Give someone else a chance with this squad we could do well. 

Tommy I agree he has no idea what formation or his best team is. However Bannan has to stop being mr Wednesday he’s killing us with his solo show. also.

• Like 1

We've got a manager who is determined to play in a particular style, but have a set of players which are in the main completely wrong for this style. Which is weird, as although all signings had to be frees/loans it would have made sense to sign some players comfy/capable with this style. Maybe that's just the problem - we're these players more quantity (anything we can get) over actual quality?

None of our defenders are capable - potentially bar Gibson (where is he?). Dunkley, Iorfa, Palmer, Hunt... none of them are comfortable on the ball.  Hutchinson can at least play a pass.

Dennis is a decent player, really capable at this level. We need a lot more like him, a real worker. Wing has shown he's a good player but only in the right system at Rotherham and needs fighters around him. Him and Bannan in the same team is a disaster.

We still miss Luongo, just like we always did in the Champ, and for some reason haven't realised we need a stand-in or two, given he's constantly injured (again). 

The club doesn't have the time nor finances to get in loads of players who can play nice football, but we do have time to get in a proper manager who isn't going to prat around week in week out and force a slow plodding system on players who won't and will never improve in that way.

Hell, I'd even say Neil Thompson would simplify all this and get them playing simple but effective high-tempo football - but I'd like to think we could get some experience in.

Bored now of Wednesday being a constant let down and awful on a regular basis.

• Like 2

DM often banging on about the team needing to gel, and then chops and changes it for every came.

I see no evidence re progression with this team. In the first half there was very little cohesion and the passing was awful.

We've scored 10 goals in the league. Morecambe have scored 20. Yes they have conceded more but when you compare their resources to ours, we're shocking. Only three teams have scored fewer goals than us. Tells you all you need to know about DM's tactics. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Someone tell me the actual reason these tactics and lineups aren’t working 

Don’t say Bannan either

Tell me what’s causing the lack of chances

The lack of creativity and goals 

Why are we stuttering and struggling to score and win?

Manager has no idea of what is his settled side. He's making poor decisions of which player to pick for a game. The team needs a settled side and to get his tactics right. He's playing players in different positions and the defense is getting caught making mistakes that is due to Moore not having a settled side. Playing Bannan deep is stupid. Bannan taking penalties and all corners and free kicks is dumb. Bannan is lucky to have his shot on target as his vast majority of shots on goal would be better suited for rugby. Neil, you said apart from the manager name what's wrong with the team. Easy, Moore. End-of. Get rid.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s not just say the manager or chairman or players or lack of mental strength

Don’t say Bannan either

Confused tactics, unsettled teams, frequent formation changes and (I hate saying this) a keeper that has a mistake in him in  almost every game in the last month. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Some of the performances this season don’t half remind me of the not been paid performances from last season. 

"the EFL asked me to guarantee the players would be paid, but they said nothing about the wages of the coaching staff!" 

:Chansiri:

28 minutes ago, Geedee said:

If Wednesday was a shop you would shut it down and repen only after a total refit or keep it shut and go totally online.

I can't think of any aspect of our football club that is actually good at what it does.

That last sentence depresses me so much because it's so true. What's truly depressing is that it's been true for a quarter of a century . Let that sink in. A quarter of a century.

• Like 1

The formation isn’t working, and playing 1 up front just isn’t working. He changed the formation against Wigan didn’t he and we looked better for it. I’m not seeing intensity and effort from the players. Oxford wanted it more, and that’s a real concern. 

Tactics, formation etc aside. Yesterday I think the confidence and “plan” went out of the window early in the game when BPF made yet another mistake - I like the kid, and he’s a brilliant prospect. But when we don’t look like scoring at the other end, those mistakes are really hurting us. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don’t say Bannan either

1. We need a Hutch/Luongo type character to win the ball back if we're going to play a 3 and release Wing and Bannan (or Adeniran) to do the things they're good at and affect the game, so considering the two that I have mentioned have poor injury records, that was poor planning.

2. The wide players of the 3 up front need to be able to drive on towards goal (at a higher level obviously, but think Henry, Walcott, Salah, Sterling, Rashford) We've tried Berahino, Paterson, Shodipo, Adeniran, Brown. Whether they're not that type of player or they're under different instructions I don't know, but more often than not the momentum of attacks is stopping when it reaches these players rather than increasing. Strangely the recognised defender out of them all (Brown).seems the one most willing to commit defenders. Windass desperately needed.

Liam Palmer - imo he's done very well at finding space and taking up great positions from right back- but his delivery isn't good enough. We need a player getting on the ball in these positions with a quality delivery.

Bannan - just out of form. Passing accuracy is off when he tries something different- struggling to find players to link up with and make things happen.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don’t say Bannan either

I don’t think our system is working.  I personally would like to see two out and out strikers play like Gregory and Saido.  

We are weak in midfield.  People have said on countless occasions we need a beast of a midfielder.  We don’t have that type of player.  

The problem is we don’t have time to experiment but Moore needs to do that to know his best team.  I would like to see different combinations tried up front.  Saido has to be a starter for me if fit.  I thought Sow looked as though there was more to come when he came on yesterday.  

Going off at a tangent.  I would say yesterday that Paterson worked his absolute nuts off yesterday.  He’s not a pretty footballer to watch but he is up for the fight and effective.

Guest FoxOwl12

If us lot on the terraces can see the problems why can't the management team. It's the same every week for God's sake. I don't buy into this " they need time to gel together" or" we need to get their fitness levels up". Bullsh*t. These are decent footballers trying to play rubbish tactics. End of. Some of the comments coming from Moore yesterday are an insult to our intelligence. " They looked tired"!!!. Give me strength.

Some points;

The manger doesn’t know his best formation or team.

The manager tinkers with the above far too often.

We need to keep Hutch at centre half. He doesn’t break down when played at the back and he plays like a rolls Royce there.

We need to stop playing out from the back all the time especially when Iorfa and Dunkley are your centre halves - it’s asking for trouble.

We should have bought a robust, physical defensive midfielder. We absolutely miss Luongo. He would make a huge difference to us but sadly I don’t think we will see a great deal of him. 

If we had Hutch at centre half and Luongo CDM, I’d be happy and feel confident about the balance of the side. They are key players for me but both are injury prone and luongos injury record has been atrocious with us. 

24 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

The formation isn’t working, and playing 1 up front just isn’t working. He changed the formation against Wigan didn’t he and we looked better for it. I’m not seeing intensity and effort from the players. Oxford wanted it more, and that’s a real concern. 

Tactics, formation etc aside. Yesterday I think the confidence and “plan” went out of the window early in the game when BPF made yet another mistake - I like the kid, and he’s a brilliant prospect. But when we don’t look like scoring at the other end, those mistakes are really hurting us. 

I agree, over the last five matches he has cost us four goals, that is as many as the team has scored in those matches.

Guest Derby owl

All this horses for courses idea that makes DM change a side from game to game!

Play 4-4-2 same team every week, someone has a stinker HOOK him off, get a sub on in his position to do the job, and tell each player there job, regardless of opposition!

I thought the players lacked confidence yesterday which I found really strange. This team should be chomping at the bit to play on a Saturday and rip teams apart.

BPF looked frightened to death for some reason and I never heard him shouting encouragement or talking to the defenders.

Iorfa looked well pi**ed off (with Dunkley?) right from the start.

Paterson had a right go but it seemed he was raging against the chaotic set up rather than playing in a coherent system.

Yesterday's performance was truly bad. It was hard to watch.

Football is a simple game. We've got a half decent squad of players and Moore should set them up to attack and turn them loose.

Moore and this team should know by now that every team that comes to Hillsborough this season is going to have a right go.

I wouldn't watch any opposition videos or anything like that, I would purely set the team up to attack, attack, attack!