Premier League 21/22

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Manager had said he was gonna give him the first half then pull him off at half time. 

To which he replied "thats great I only used to get an orange at Arsenal" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“ Premier League clubs are preparing for what could be one of the busiest transfer deadline days in recent years, with January spending already far above last year.

The deadline in Europe's major leagues is on Monday, with the English top flight and Football League windows closing at 23:00 GMT.

Premier League clubs have spent about £195m going into deadline day, compared with £70m at the end of January 2021. “

11 minutes ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Mason Greenwood thread deleted this place never ceases to amaze

I'm just thinking same, I was just about to play audio to Mrs Bradowl. 

Its all out there anyway now, deleting that thread isn't going to change owt. 

There's only a handful of people who go on this forum anyway nowadays. Majority of our fans slag it off and rightly so. 

Edited by bradowl

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

What do people think to the signings Newcastle have made? Steady Prem players or disappointing signings for a club with so much money? 

underwhelming. Matty Targett, Chris Wood, Dan Burn. The fella from Lyon looks a player but they're surrounding him with absolute bog standard premiership players. No idea if they'll escape the drop or not, fingers crossed they don't

13 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

underwhelming. Matty Targett, Chris Wood, Dan Burn. The fella from Lyon looks a player but they're surrounding him with absolute bog standard premiership players. No idea if they'll escape the drop or not, fingers crossed they don't

Think they are going for the slow build approach ala Man City, when they went through a stage of buying players like Joleon Lescott, Craig Bellamy, Gareth Barry etc.

I don't think they can just go and spend a shed load on superstars who won't want to be there really and are after a good pay day. They need to build it up where they can be trusted not to damage careers, seriously challenge for titles and build a reputation for being a good career move. 

Might get the odd marquee signing in the meantime though, like Robinho was to City.

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

Think they are going for the slow build approach ala Man City, when they went through a stage of buying players like Joleon Lescott, Craig Bellamy, Gareth Barry etc.

I don't think they can just go and spend a shed load on superstars who won't want to be there really and are after a good pay day. They need to build it up where they can be trusted not to damage careers, seriously challenge for titles and build a reputation for being a good career move. 

Might get the odd marquee signing in the meantime though, like Robinho was to City.

yeah good point. plus there's a serious worry of relegation, big European stars won't sign there until they're established in the prem next season, don't think Griezmann will fancy bloomfield road next season will he

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I think they’ve done decent business. They are never going to be able to attract the players that they want in the long term due to where they are in the league. 

Targett, burn and wood will also be excellent championship players should they go down and would do a job when they cane back up and I doubt they’re the type to rock the boat and whinge I’d they go down. 

9 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player who looks less interested in football than Dele Alli over the last few seasons. 

Shocked he hasn’t gone to Newcastle, and absolutely not what Everton need.

The most Everton signing of all time

40 million!