Premier League 21/22

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

I think for a small town near London and more relevantly near Arsenal and Spurs they are doing great. If you forget comparing them to us, compare them to Derby,   Forest and host of larger provincial clubs.

TBF when i moved to watford 40 years ago they were comparable to the likes of Hartlepool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

What are peoples thoughts on Christian Eriksen potentially signing for Brentford? 

if he passes the relevant medicals, a superb signing. If he's the same player that played for Denmark/Inter then what a signing, him behind Toney and Mbeumo could be lethal. Like the two forwards but always thought they had to carve a lot of chances out for each other without much service from elsewhere, so eriksen in the 10 would be a dream. Hopefully his body is up to it, think everyone wants him to do well and come back soon

It will ultimately be down to Prof Sharma and the FA Cardiac Consensus Panel

I really hope he can play again - however there are a lot of unknowns and i wouldn't wanna be those making that decision

Edited by scram

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Watford employ Woy ffs.

Bet he was just getting comfy in his Shackleton, with a mug of tea & a bourbon when he got the call.

He was a has-been for England 6 years ago & has nothing to offer the modern game imo. 

Seemed like leaving Palace having stabilised them was a nice way for him to draw time on his career… the pay out in a few months will be a tidy little boost to his retirement fund I suppose

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Watford employ Woy ffs.

Bet he was just getting comfy in his Shackleton, with a mug of tea & a bourbon when he got the call.

He was a has-been for England 6 years ago & has nothing to offer the modern game imo. 

I wish he was in charge of Wednesday,  perhaps as dof rather than first team manager. His list of contacts is worth his salary alone

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

My initial thought whenever I see him is - how lucky he is to be alive, it makes you want him to do well in anything he does. 

I read your post first before reading what you'd quoted and I thought you were talking about Roy Hodgson.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Watford employ Woy ffs.

He is probably what watford need to survive.  He will organise their defence which is a mess. Up top they have some decent footballers who will score enough to survive but unless that defence is fixed they are going down.

Quite a smart move by watford.

Martial loaned to Sevilla.

Despite how poor he has been at Man Utd, I still can't help but think there is a very good player in Martial. 

Maybe a move away may reignite his career, similar to Depay.

Newcastle stalling on their loan bid for Lingard as they can't match what Man Utd want in terms of a loan fee.

Also stalling on Diego Carlos as not willing to up their bid to match their asking price.

Clever move by Toon, not giving into demands, or not as rich as first thought?

Chelsea and City just paid what ever required to get their man when they first got taken over. 

16 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Watford employ Woy ffs.

I think that he's a very good manager. He has done a good job at club level at pretty much every team he has been at

20 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

What are peoples thoughts on Christian Eriksen potentially signing for Brentford? 

Blind plays with a pacemaker for Ajax. Eriksen certainly worth a punt. 

Only difficult decision is deal length. Has to be short (end of the season) as it is a risk but probably means if he does well he will move to a bigger club in the summer. 

I hope he comes back strong was horrible watching that unfold in the summer. 

• Like 1