Premier League 21/22

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Roy Hodgson favourite for Watford job apparently 

Just seen that they are on the verge of appointing him.

Initially I thought "he's about 300nyears old, not one for the long term".

Then I realised it was Watford, and long term to them is the end of next month so it probably won't matter.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

A young progressive manager it is then. More long term planning by an astute board.

To be fair to the board there, they don’t spend much and have spent the last 8 years in the prem or winning promotion to the prem. also an fa cup final in there as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

To be fair to the board there, they don’t spend much and have spent the last 8 years in the prem or winning promotion to the prem. also an fa cup final in there as well.

Is surviving in the PL or getting promoted again really something to be lauded. Yes its more than some other teams but its not something Im jealous of. Plus they got spanked 6-0 in the cup final so hardly a great day out.

But regardless of on pitch success such a chaotic and scattergun approach to managers isnt a good thing at all.

2 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Is surviving in the PL or getting promoted again really something to be lauded. Yes its more than some other teams but its not something Im jealous of. Plus they got spanked 6-0 in the cup final so hardly a great day out.

But regardless of on pitch success such a chaotic and scattergun approach to managers isnt a good thing at all.

certainly beats being mid table in league 1 with Lee Gregory up front.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Not really my point as was analysing Watford in isolation and not comparing them to us.

You can do that you know and a bit weird to have a dig at Gregory.

I think for a small town near London and more relevantly near Arsenal and Spurs they are doing great. If you forget comparing them to us, compare them to Derby,   Forest and host of larger provincial clubs.

Although I  don't think Roy is a great appointment as team manager I think him as dof  and an upcoming coach under his guidance would be a winner.perhaps if he keeps them in the premiership this will happen