Premier League 21/22

What could go wrong?!

Diego Carlos, considered one of the top talents in the European Leagues at the moment. Currently playing for a Sevilla side who are 2nd in La Liga.

Requesting to be allowed to leave to join.... Newcastle! Who are offering to triple his current wages.

The most annoying thing about this, although they don't need it, if Newcastle get relegated they will receive parachute payments to help cover these stupid wages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skyline said:

What could go wrong?!

Diego Carlos, considered one of the top talents in the European Leagues at the moment. Currently playing for a Sevilla side who are 2nd in La Liga.

Requesting to be allowed to leave to join.... Newcastle! Who are offering to triple his current wages.

The most annoying thing about this, although they don't need it, if Newcastle get relegated they will receive parachute payments to help cover these stupid wages.

Good point and view, especially if we ended up in the same league. 

I've took a back seat from caring as much and just find it all extremely fascinating. How the super rich have all become attracted to England and it's Premier League.

Newcastle are going to become a force and I'm intrigued by every signing and their road to the top

On 18/01/2022 at 13:08, TheEnchanter said:

Potter on being linked with other clubs. 

The mistake is often to think you are better than you are and can succeed in any environment," he added. "That is not the case.

"I am ambitious. I want to succeed. But I am no magician. I need help. To be successful as a coach, you need good people around you - staff, board, CEO, the strategy of the club, the structures around it, the players. I have got senior players here who are so helpful and supportive.

"We have a fantastic chairman who provides the clarity, vision and support for us all and allows us to get on with our work.

"Everything around the club gives you a chance as a coach

This is so relevent to us as a club. Any manager that manages Swfc has almost none of that. Or none of that in a quality capacity. That is why everyone struggles here. We have no system, plan, structure.

100%.

That's why they're where they are and we're where we are, despite being pretty much on a par with each other not that long ago.

We can hound out as many managers at we like, but until the club is set up for success, each and every one will continue to come up short while we flail around aimlessly.

Potter is smart enough to know that he needs the right club, and there's no way a manager like him would chance his hand on Wednesday.

• Like 2

That game was bonkers last night, a 95th minute equaliser is normal enough, that happens week in week out around the country teams equalising in stoppage time. But to surrender the ball from the kick off within a few passes, and be that wide open in centre midfield and centre back literally after the kick that meant 2 passes put Bergwijn 1 on 1 was madness, surely with having the kick off, a pass to the defender or GK then a punt up the park would have been full time, but a misplaced past in the middle of the pitch from kick off and so wide open was madness. Good game though, like a basket ball game for 97 mins

35 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

That game was bonkers last night, a 95th minute equaliser is normal enough, that happens week in week out around the country teams equalising in stoppage time. But to surrender the ball from the kick off within a few passes, and be that wide open in centre midfield and centre back literally after the kick that meant 2 passes put Bergwijn 1 on 1 was madness, surely with having the kick off, a pass to the defender or GK then a punt up the park would have been full time, but a misplaced past in the middle of the pitch from kick off and so wide open was madness. Good game though, like a basket ball game for 97 mins

Leicester have been truly awful defensively this season.

Cristiano Ronaldo's representatives have told Manchester United that the 36-year-old Portugal forward will look to leave Old Trafford in the summer if the club fail to qualify for next season's Champions League. (Sun)

________

An unnamed Premier League team have matched Newcastle United's offer for 28-year-old Sevilla defender Diego Carlos, with the Magpies believed to have tabled a £30m bid for the Brazil centre-back. (Sky Sports)

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Ranieri is a busted flush now. Amazed he keeps getting premier league gigs. 

Feels like the owners are hesitating to pull the trigger because of his pedigree. Although that might change after this result.

I was about to point out that he's only been in charge for 14 games, but this is Watford, so he's probably got a stand named after him by now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I was about to point out that he's only been in charge for 14 games, but this is Watford, so he's probably got a stand named after him by now. 

11 defeats in those 14 games though :duntmatter:

Would they accept that from any other manager? Definitely feels like a not wanting to shoot Bambi kind of scenario.

Read this on the Watford forum earlier, reminds me of us being 1-3 @ Derby in the 90th minute and drawing

This is worse than Yeovil 3-0 and Coventry 0-0, by far and away the most disastrous result and performance in recent memory
Its the kind of result which defines the next 5-10 years of a club. We'll be looking back and talking about tonight in 4 or 5 years when we're losing midweek games in league 1

TBF Dean Smith is at least giving them a fighting chance - which is a first for them after recent seasons

Watford do seem to have some of the dark arts which they call on

When they get their players back from the African Nations and if they can get some of their injureds back then they do have a reasonable squad - but rely on players who have potential like Joao Pedro and Ken Sema but aren't reliable week in week out in a relegation scrap

Not sure if they could cope with another relegation tbh