Izzy Brown

2 minutes ago, markg said:

Crappy comments from Lowe I think.

How could he showcase what he could do after suffering such a bad injury. Lowe always comes across as a bit of an arse

On one hand I thought this too, and a selection of PNE fans aren’t happy. 

But on the other, football is cut throat and Lowe will just have a vision that Izzy won’t be part of. Could be down to his injury record generally. Could be that he’s had word from the club doctors/physios that he’s got a high chance of breaking down again. Could be that his attitude behind the scenes isn’t right.

7 minutes ago, markg said:

Crappy comments from Lowe I think.

How could he showcase what he could do after suffering such a bad injury. Lowe always comes across as a bit of an arse

He could have been fit for last 3 months for all we know and has done nothing in training 

likewise he could have done more to regain fitness and not shown the right attitude 

I didn’t take it as he’s still injured and been released. You hear of players all the time working harder in the gym abs physios to get back on the pitch 

Izzy never struck me as a workhorse and maybe this is what Lowe means when saying they’ve both had chances to succeed and he has high standards and unfortunately they fall short 

I find his comments perfectly acceptable 

he wants better standards so their off 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

On one hand I thought this too, and a selection of PNE fans aren’t happy. 

But on the other, football is cut throat and Lowe will just have a vision that Izzy won’t be part of. Could be down to his injury record generally. Could be that he’s had word from the club doctors/physios that he’s got a high chance of breaking down again. Could be that his attitude behind the scenes isn’t right.

yeah, you might be right. 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

He could have been fit for last 3 months for all we know and has done nothing in training 

likewise he could have done more to regain fitness and not shown the right attitude 

I didn’t take it as he’s still injured and been released. You hear of players all the time working harder in the gym abs physios to get back on the pitch 

Izzy never struck me as a workhorse and maybe this is what Lowe means when saying they’ve both had chances to succeed and he has high standards and unfortunately they fall short 

I find his comments perfectly acceptable 

he wants better standards so their off 

Think this will be the case . on the odd occasion he turned out for us his physical conditioning looked pretty poor for a pro footballer.

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Hardly the classiest response when he's done his ACL. 

He's a crap player but laughing at an ACL ruining his chance to get his career back on track isn't proportionate

Not laughing at him for being injured, laughing at him from being released from a championship side after saying he still thinks he can play for England. Sorry Izzy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Not laughing at him for being injured, laughing at him from being released from a championship side after saying he still thinks he can play for England. Sorry Izzy

The sad thing is if he set his mind to it he could have damn decent career in football, seems determined to chuck it all away.

Madness

• Like 1

It’s a pity it hasn’t worked out for him at PNE, but a footballer who’s virtually permanently injured and unavailable for possible selection is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Ryan Lowe has obviously decided that PNE should cut their losses and get him

off their books and it’s difficult to blame him for doing that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steelman said:

Nothing against the kid personally but fûçk him. He’s nothing to do with us and I’ve zero interest in other teams players and their injuries. 

What this has to do with Sheffield Wednesday match day is beyond me🤷🏻‍♂️ Mods, please move to the sick, lame & lazy section.

Not a clue how someone can have so much hatred for someone they don’t know.

Proper bizarre

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Steelman said:

Nothing against the kid personally but fûçk him. He’s nothing to do with us and I’ve zero interest in other teams players and their injuries.  

Skip the threads that have the players names in that you're not interested in then
We're not going to create this forum around YOU

Ta x

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The sad thing is if he set his mind to it he could have damn decent career in football, seems determined to chuck it all away.

Madness

Or is it down to the amount of money he earned as a young player whilst at Chelsea which means that he doesn't need to have the same attitude as a player of the same age at say Rochdale who is struggling to pay his mortgage?

Too much too young..... which is the issue?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Not surprised Brown has been moved on. I was amazed they signed him and then unsurprised when he got injured. 
I am a bit surprised about Murphy though. I’m sure he was more highly rated than his brother at one point. 

Two ACLs by the time he’s 24.

He might not be the best player in the world, but the mental and physical impact of that is going to make you struggle.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Or is it down to the amount of money he earned as a young player whilst at Chelsea which means that he doesn't need to have the same attitude as a player of the same age at say Rochdale who is struggling to pay his mortgage?

Too much too young..... which is the issue?

All of this, basically.

He's not the first and he definitely won't be the last to see what was once a very promising career simply tail off.

At one stage he had a very well respected manager saying to the media that he would play for England.

He's now in a position where all that is gone, as has the bright lights and glamour of London..to be replaced by a tour of some of the most miserable towns and cities in the country.

As you say, he has already earned a huge amount of money , he could quite conceivably be close to being a millionaire. 

Even if he's been paid an average of £10k a week for the last 5 years , the he's earned £2.6 million according to my fag packet maths. 

So where's his motivation to play for Preston, Stoke, Huddersfield etc?.  

If I were him, and I still wanted to play football but not for clubs like that, I would be spreading my wings and getting my agent to look at clubs in Spain, France, Greece, Italy ..even if it's the second tier there. Have an adventure in a beautiful , classy city on the continent. Maybe even try the USA or Aus. 

I think Lowe must have wanted to see more running from him. Having seen him play for us, my conclusion was his body just physically isn't up to covering the amount of ground a Championship player usually needs to cover. He's decent on the ball, but not so good as to be worth a place in the team otherwise.

It could be a strength and conditioning issue, but it may be that every time he tries to build himself up his body just can't take it.

Might be able to get by in League One or League Two in a number 10 role if the team accepts he'll never be able to run much. But England will have to settle for Fodin/Grealish/Mount/Bellingham/Sterling.