Izzy Brown

Does that mean Preston (was it) are now hampered with his wages. And now a player down. Sucks for them.

I remember his first game for us massively strapped up.

15k plus for an injured player, at least Abdi doesn't only happen to us.

Also, I doubt if any of us could get that money for so little output (bar potential) we'd take it.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Second time he’s done his ACL at the age of 24. 

He is a human you know. Most footballers want to play football. 

‘Most’ do..agree with that

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Shadowl said:

Does that mean Preston (was it) are now hampered with his wages. And now a player down. Sucks for them.

I remember his first game for us massively strapped up.

15k plus for an injured player, at least Abdi doesn't only happen to us.

Also, I doubt if any of us could get that money for so little output (bar potential) we'd take it.

Preston signed him on a one year deal...we signed abdi for 4 years...bit of a difference

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Second time he’s done his ACL at the age of 24. 

He is a human you know. Most footballers want to play football. 

Coming in late on this, but if you know your career is over does that make you a charlatan?

1 minute ago, Shadowl said:

Coming in late on this, but if you know your career is over does that make you a charlatan?

What do you mean? Not really. The lad has had a horrible time with injuries and it’s probably affected him mentally and stopped him playing at a higher level.

Just because he was poor for us last season doesn’t mean he wants to be injured. He’ll be gutted. 

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

What do you mean? Not really. The lad has had a horrible time with injuries and it’s probably affected him mentally and stopped him playing at a higher level.

Just because he was poor for us last season doesn’t mean he wants to be injured. He’ll be gutted. 

I’ve questioned this character a million times when he was with us and not injured...all he seems interested in his playing Fifa...at one stage last season he was 6th in the world....which is pretty good tbh..

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I agree on the players point of view. I'd want to be playing if it was me. Although, he has now taken us for a lot of money (for little return) and is getting the same from Preston. Not bad work if you can get it, especially injured, was my point (as a normal person). Doing very little for a massive wage.

13 minutes ago, Shadowl said:

I agree on the players point of view. I'd want to be playing if it was me. Although, he has now taken us for a lot of money (for little return) and is getting the same from Preston. Not bad work if you can get it, especially injured, was my point (as a normal person). Doing very little for a massive wage.

Well yeah, fairly luxurious position as a footballer. But he won’t want to be injured. He will want to play like most footballers do. 

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well yeah, fairly luxurious position as a footballer. But he won’t want to be injured. He will want to play like most footballers do. 

Personally I knew when I was finished football wise. I'm glad we generally agree. The charlatan comment was about carrying on taking money if you know your done... And I don't think he showed enough last season to show he wasn't... (Although obv Preston did) Personal taste, maybe Sally you like corners like that (do you bet against us out if interest). I joke. 

Hope he recovers and I've always had a soft spot for Preston. Got a question last night on university challenge about them right.

Well it impressed the other half.

36 minutes ago, Shadowl said:

He'll want to be playing to preserve his wage status, simple as that. The longer he is out injured the more his value drops which he definitely won't want to happen.

5 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

He'll want to be playing to preserve his wage status, simple as that. The longer he is out injured the more his value drops which he definitely won't want to happen.

Doesn't he play for Preston not Chelsea???

27 minutes ago, Shadowl said:

Doesn't he play for Preston not Chelsea???

Doesn't matter which club, he doesn't play his value (wages drop) to the point where he's worthless and has no income. That is what I was driving at.

Mind you at the general intelligence level of most players, that concept probably goes way over their heads!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
40 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I doubt he’s that bothered.. he’s just come off a 5 year contract at Chelsea where you’d assume he’d be on about 20k a week. So that’s £5m he’s earned.. ok half will have gone in tax, he’s probably wasted a chunk on garbage but would be surprised if he’s not netted £1.5-2m in the bank.

Then he’s not going to get another Championship club, was lucky to get one this year. Can’t see him being fussed about making £5k a week in the lower leagues when he’s got that money behind him. And therein lies the problem 

If he was bothered he wouldn’t look overweight. Or he’d put some effort in with performances. Sadly he’s not bothered even if it means slipping down the leagues. Whilst I’m sure he doesn’t want that, he doesn’t not want it enough to do anything about it

Brown, 25, has not featured at all for the Lilywhites after he ruptured his Achilles just a month after signing.

"They had an opportunity to showcase what they could do," manager Ryan Lowe said.

He told the media at his Thursday press conference: "I have high standards and unfortunately they didn't meet those standards. I wish them both the best."

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Brown, 25, has not featured at all for the Lilywhites after he ruptured his Achilles just a month after signing.

"They had an opportunity to showcase what they could do," manager Ryan Lowe said.

He told the media at his Thursday press conference: "I have high standards and unfortunately they didn't meet those standards. I wish them both the best."

Crappy comments from Lowe I think.

How could he showcase what he could do after suffering such a bad injury. Lowe always comes across as a bit of an arse