New Signing - Welcome Dennis Adeniran

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

I genuinely think DC has woken up and has changed the way he intends to run the club (or maybe I'm just really hoping that's the case).

Youth, pace and power with a mix of experience and technical quality and we could have a decent season. 

Uto 

Hasn’t much choice has he?

He is prevented from paying transfer fees even if he had the money. 

He has to stay within a wage structure imposed by EFL.

He will suffer an immediate 6 point deduction if he fails to pay the players on time this year.

He will have to accept ‘reasonable’ transfer bids for his players.

My hope is that he either realises he needs someone to run the club for him or recognises it’s beyond him and sells up at a loss to pride and wallet.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Adeniran somewhat proved himself last year in the Championship with Wycombe. Played regularly in a division higher than we are in now.

If we sign Shodipo - he scored 11 goals in this division last season.

Rather we get young lads with a bit of pace and athleticism about them than so called 'proven' players in the past who have come on big wages and not delivered - Marriott, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Luongo to name a few. 

100%.Youth, power, pace, athleticism and..... points to prove. 

There'll inevitability be ups and downs formwise which will not sit well with some. For me though promotion would be a nice to have not a must have. What we must have IMO, going forward, is sensible, sustainable consolidation and then progression.

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Well if thats his position he is bound to be an improvement. Oscar Pistorius would be.

Oscar would be a good striker 

Got a right shot on him :Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

There'll inevitability be ups and downs formwise which will not sit well with some. For me though promotion would be a nice to have not a must have. What we must have IMO, going forward, is sensible, sustainable consolidation and then progression.

Exactly mate. Just need to get our house in order first both off the field and on the field. I still think survival will be a success given how turbulent things have been over the past few seasons. 

I have very little faith in Chansiri but if true that he's leaving everything to Moore to sort - then that has to be seen as a positive. Let Moore build something and I will be a bit more optimistic. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

As much as I hate being in League One, it does present us with the opportunity to hit the reset button and start somewhat afresh. 

Appears Moore's idea for the team is to try and build a squad of mainly younger players and i'm all for that. 

Definitely.

The players we are linked to as well, seem the right type of players we have been crying out for. If you keep the experience in the team and young prospects. Could we start to be optimistic?!

3 hours ago, PeakOwl said:

This is the first bit of good news in months, if confirmed. Presumably he’ll take on Pellupessy’s role in defensive midfield.

Was thinking we could use a cardboard cut out to replace joey and put Dennis in another position. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes seems like we are trying to put together an athletic team with Adeniran and maybe signing Shodipo and Bola too.  It’s good to see 

Exactly what we've needed for quite some time, biggest positive is that they seem like Darren Moore signings, rather than DC and Paxo signings

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We are genuinely excited in our house about this signing. My son and I realised yesterday that we had seen Dennis play for England U17s (?) at Chesterfield a few years ago (v Turkey), in the same team as Mason Mount, Ryan Sessegnon, Jonathon Leko and Tolaji Bola. Dennis came on for Mount and we think Bola was an unused sub.

Come on Wednesday! Looking forward ro seeing us beat Chester, although the developement of the team's match fitness and team understanding is all that really matters, I still feel annoyed at them for shattering Knight's leg and over-charging us in the first round when we played at their dump of a ground in the first leg of the tie.

Welcome to the Wednesday Dennis.

UTO!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Moore will be sacked if we aren't in a favourable promotion position by Christmas.  The fans won't accept anything less.

Afew qoutes from the Wycombe fans - 

"Adeniran officially released by Everton. He should get a Championship move, but I'm sure we'll be waiting in the wings..."

"We need atleast one box-to-box midfielder (ideally Adeniran)"

"As someone pointed out earlier we have no Uche, Knight, Muskwe or Adeniran who were all key to our end of season form"

"Dennis Adeniran all the way. Our massive upturn in form coincided with his return to the starting line up."

"I'd would go for Adeniran .His partnership with Thompson at the end of the season really made us tick."

"I really hope we can get Muskwe and Adeniran"

"If we signed Dennis, I would be delighted"

"At the start of last season very few of us had heard of Adeniran but look he fitted in."

"Dennis for me, absolutely class I'm sure he'll have offers from the championship too..."

"I wonder if Adeniran has stayed off the radar of other teams, as he had such a massive spell out of the team for us"

"If I had to choose one, it would be Dennis Adeniran. He looks different class to me and I think his ceiling is at a whole other level. Signing him permanently would be a massive coup"

I must say, he comes with alot of admiration from the Wycombe fans.

• Thanks 5