New Signing - Welcome Dennis Adeniran

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
22 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Well if thats his position he is bound to be an improvement. Oscar Pistorius would be.

Pistorius has a good shot on him though :ph34r:

As much as I hate being in League One, it does present us with the opportunity to hit the reset button and start somewhat afresh. 

Appears Moore's idea for the team is to try and build a squad of mainly younger players and i'm all for that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

As much as I hate being in League One, it does present us with the opportunity to hit the reset button and start somewhat afresh. 

Appears Moore's idea for the team is to try and build a squad of mainly younger players and i'm all for that. 

But they have to have the quality, and signing lots of unproven players is just another big gamble.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

If we let Moore have full reign of transfers I'll be hopeful.

This signing is encouraging. Similar sort of player Wilder signed for the Pigs on their journey to the Prem. Lads who'd been released by Prem clubs with a point to prove.

Bit of a cliche but young and hungry players who aren't just here for a pay day or retirement home. For some reason DC and his recruitment team were fixated with this type of player in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, RedDragonOwl said:

But they have to have the quality, and signing lots of unproven players is just another big gamble.

Adeniran somewhat proved himself last year in the Championship with Wycombe. Played regularly in a division higher than we are in now.

If we sign Shodipo - he scored 11 goals in this division last season.

Rather we get young lads with a bit of pace and athleticism about them than so called 'proven' players in the past who have come on big wages and not delivered - Marriott, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Luongo to name a few. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Yeah, I'm not saying you just sign a bunch of 17 year olds and hope for the best.