Boycott the games

6 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Can’t see anymore than 14,000 in the ground most weeks, unless we get off to a flyer...

I agree

but that’s the key “ off to a flyer” 

I know this is off topic but this is where pay on the gate prices are killing us

If the club gets on a roll in league 1 ( ok it’s if) but IF we did that is the time to capitalize. Are we MASSIVE like we claim. No not with our record over 20 years

BUT in league one? Wednesday on a roll? Stadium and potential we have? Yes I believe we are massive. Massive at the side of clubs with followings of 5000 or less

Thats where you capitalize on pay on the gate “ on a roll” is what we need to generate it will also help with recruitment 

Where do hungry players want to play?

Cambridge in front of 4000 for 10 grand a week

Or Hillsborough in front of 22000 a week for 8 grand a week?

( the figures are illustrative but just highlight the point)

When Chansiri says we need to sort things off the field then next to firing his advisors  pay on the gate has to be a priority.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I will always go and always have. Things need to change but Wednesday fans will always support the team as they always have don

I will support from afar not at the games , am I still a supporter?

• Like 1

The only way to hurt Chansiri is to hit him in the pocket.

I don’t miss going to matches, I haven’t enjoyed watching Wednesday in quite a while and enjoy the pub before with my mates more than the match itself.

I’ll go next season as I’m being forced to roll my ticket over but after that, we’ve all said that if Chansiri is still there we are done.

A couple of the lads are talking about going round a few of the local none league sides on a Saturday but the rest of us are going to go drinking around Hillsborough as usual on a match day but then just go back to my house to watch the match.

I’m done giving Chansiri anymore of my money.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

I agree

I know this is off topic but this is where pay on the gate prices are killing us

If the club gets on a roll in league 1 ( ok it’s if) but IF we did that is the time to capitalize. Are we MASSIVE like we claim. No not with our record over 20 years

BUT in league one? Wednesday on a roll? Stadium and potential we have? Yes I believe we are massive. Massive at the side of clubs with followings of 5000 or less

Thats where you capitalize on pay on the gate “ on a roll” is what we need to generate it will also help with recruitment 

When Chansiri says we need to sort things off the field then next to firing his advisors  pay on the gate has to be a priority.

Completely agree - there needs to be a simplified system for next year.

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

I haven't been for 2 seasons, and don't intend going till chancer chansiri is out of my club.

That’s the end of a dreadful season. Now is the time to start planning for next season and getting behind the team. Now is the time to look ahead.  No point in looking back with the could have should have would have mind stem. The past is history and we can’t go there

Our owner needs to step up and keep the promises he makes about the team

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I think the total opposite - starved of matches and if we get off to a winning start next season there will be good attendances 

Let's be fair, what's the chances of that happening.

We have no squad.

No money.

We are a league 1 club.

We haven't been paying the players wages.

Our better players will leave for peanuts.

And we have an idiot owner who will be charging top dollar to watch Dross.

The future of Sheffield Wednesday has never looked so bright.

All I can say is a fool and his money are easily parted.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and this is definitely one of those times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was there cheering when we signed Forestieri.

Likewise when we signed Rhodes, Fletcher and Urby.

So, I’m also going to be there when we sign Gary from Darlington.

If some of you don’t fancy it, then fair enough. I do though.

• Like 7

I'll go to away games, better atmosphere 

I won't be giving Dc a penny, when he is taking is to league 2 next 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I was there cheering when we signed Forestieri.

Likewise when we signed Rhodes, Fletcher and Urby.

So, I’m also going to be there when we sign Gary from Darlington.

If some of you don’t fancy it, then fair enough. I do though.

We will now look for our next ‘hero’

Look what the likes of Llera Reda semedo etc became at that level, the journey starts again. 

At least we can rebuild without the pigs smashing us 4-0 twice in the season anyway, all clouds and that

We need to keep supporting the club but not Chansiri.

Every game will be a great opportunity to protest against his ownership in the most vociferous manner possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I agree.

I can’t wait to get back to games.

I have a new gf from Essex.  Converted her lad to Wednesday.  Can’t wait to take him.

COME ON WEDNESDAY 💙💪🦉

Who did he support before?  Romford 

7 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

I agree

I agree that potg has to be sorted to entice people back and to get numbers into the ground so that it's not only a quarter full. Be interesting to see what happens to season tickets that are rolling over to next season should he slash potg prices. 

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

We need to keep supporting the club but not Chansiri.

Every game will be a great opportunity to protest against his ownership in the most vociferous manner possible.

Need to get the balance right though. As people mention, we need to get off to a flyer and gather momentum, that won't be done if the players are turning out in front of a toxic atmosphere for 90 mins every other week. 

• Thanks 1