Boycott the games

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Definitely you

Have you changed your mind ?

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Dont last Accounts say club owes him £78 million?

Ok, he also paid £38 million for shares but just still owns  them and had a recent £30;million offer, same value as Transfermarket.com.

Only fans that are outta pocket.

You seriously think he is making money out of us?

What is our accounting deficit over the last 6 years? 

25 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Disagree 

if no money is coming in he has to sell or go as he would then have to put his money in at some point 

You don't think he has already done that?

Money from fans has not covered the wages alone in any season he has been in charge. 

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Definitely you

Page 11 of the thread the sad act charlton fan bumped yday...charlton fans not happy..apology accepted :pulis:

22 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

It’s the only way to make a stance the only way unless dc gets out as soon as 

And then what?

Who is going to pay to keep the club going exactly if DC is driven out?

Do you want us to go bust and cease to exist, so we can have SWFC2022 in the conference?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

if no money is coming in he has to sell or go as he would then have to put his money in at some point 

Just how much money has gone into the club over the last 14 months who do you think has been paying the staff wages albeit late...and how much has he lost already ??

3 hours ago, parajack said:

quote: As for a boycott, how does that help the club or players,.....? who wants to help the 'players'?...amazes me that the same old names  have been bandied about as an integral part of a team rebuild...really?

As to the Club,you skim over the Chairman as though we can ignore him....we will be paying what 2.5 Million rent PA for a ground we owned,which will leave us skint,and unable to attract the calibre of players req for a rebuild and push for promotion...

Each to their own,and many like yourself will disagree,and thats fine..

It's about opinions. Not really answered the points directly.

As for the owner, yes not a fan but until someone gives him some money then he stays.

Whoever is in our team then they will get my support for the 90 mins, I support SW that's what we do and have done for years. Am I happy at the way the club is run  obviously not.

But  going to games and supporting the team, gives us a better chance of doing well and maybe making us more attractive to other investors.

So I will do what I enjoy and that's going to watch the football with my kids.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
55 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

And then what?

Do you want us to go bust and cease to exist, so we can have SWFC2022 in the conference?

Cus DC is the only person in the world who can ‘save’ swfc ...even tho he’s nearly ruined us:duntmatter:

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You seriously think he is making money out of us?

What is our accounting deficit over the last 6 years? 

£78 million.

His stadium value and rental stream is £150 million.

And he determined those stupid wages.

Edited by Hornsby

Guest Grandad

I don't think anybody should criticise anybody who chooses to boycott the home games.

Likewise, it's not right to criticise those who will keep going to the games either.

How people wish to register their dissatisfaction is a personal thing. As long as it's lawful there can be no criticism. No fingers pointed. No suggestions of not being a proper fan.

We all care enough to contribute regularly to a football forum about our team.

10 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

And then what?

Keep on paying him then it’s up to the individual if that’s the case 

the only other way is to protest in the ground and outside at the games 

if nothing is done he /DC will carry on with his arrogance towards fans and the club 

I haven't been for four seasons due to multiple major surgery's and the pog prices, but if they lower them I'll get back to as many games as possible health depending , its a double edge sword by boycotting the games dc isn't making money he's loosing it, boycotting only hurts the team not him, and with the state of football in general there's going to be more clubs go to the wall, let's face it who will want to buy us at the price dc wants, a massively over inflated price, league one football a club loosing money hand over fist, why would anyone in there right mind want to buy a football club in this current climate unless its a prem club, if dc says enough is enough and stops putting money in to the club were fooooked plain and simple, this is in no way a pro dc reply I'm livid with the way he runs our club the points deduction was a knife through the heart of every one of our supporters but i think were stuck with him for the Foreseeable unfortunately . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Miffed said:

As soon as people decide that a boycott is the best idea to protest, then you’ve already lost.

if that’s seriously the best you can come up with ... and this thread proves it, you may as well accept it’s over.

Fans will attend. Its as simple as that.

So you’ve already split the fan base and when people point out that supporters will still attend matches, the name calling starts. The ones who go to games get branded ‘idiots’ supporters of ‘Chansiri FC’ and inevitably’Happy Clappers’

What a great way to get fans on board by splitting them further 

Mate you make some good points,especially re fans will always attend,and ditto the name calling,etc thats already started months ago...but i will differ on one point  cause/effect.....look at the fan reaction to the Super league....do you think that without that the SL would have  been holed below the water?....

For my own part i simply will not put a penny into the Club,whilst the current Chairman is here....I contribute  to making another journeyman footballer rich beyond their wildest dreams,whilst decent fans are charged  sky high prices.

• Like 2

It's all about choice , don't want to support the team don't go, we were down to around an average of around 10,000 in the mid to late 70's, but there was also a hardcore of us that followed them home and away, and the away support was relatively very good, I'm not in favour of boycotts, it seems to be the way of the woke, so I'm out. I will use my season ticket which I assume is going to be valid for next season then see how I feel after that. I am more likely to boycott away games as I don't support those clubs !

• Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 07:00, JOCOWl said:

I agree that potg has to be sorted to entice people back and to get numbers into the ground so that it's not only a quarter full. Be interesting to see what happens to season tickets that are rolling over to next season should he slash potg prices. 

L1 POTG £15 tops,Championship 20 quid tops..its time prices reflected whats affordable....if they want crowds to go back to huge turn outs

Personally think fans should club together for a huge banner in the north facing him when were all allowed back. The banner needs to have bullet points as to why we want our club back. Or even with that image that has the owl rots from the top that has been going around. 

I think we should make it as toxic (non violent) as possible in order to get him out. Straight after game we need to surround the South stand and chant until he is forced to sell up. 

Problem with these kind of protests is that there is always one idiot who will throw a bottle or make it destructive and violent etc. This loses the right kind of media attention that we need to highlight ownership issues in lower leagues and not just the EPL

If anyone thinks this will affect the teams promotion push is in la la land. We are going no where and we will have to pay for it with expensive tickets as well as DC will sell it to fans as a promotion push. 

I've got a multi year season ticket for my sins, will have 2 years left after his one ..

Would prefer a refund if I'm honest but thats because of how this season has been and how its ended and how DC is running the club. Just completely apathetic with it all

I'll still be there though when the gates reopen, if anything, its good craic to see mates, have some beers and get away from the kids for a few hours! lol