Boycott the games

Just now, parajack said:

If anyone pays another pence to that idiot then your part of the problem and not the solution.

It would be if Chansiri was taking money OUT of the club...he not he's putting his own money INTO the club so people buying tickets or merchandising aren't filling his pockets as he's emptying them faster than anyone is putting in...that's not too difficult a concept for anyone unless of course you've got the brain of an amoeba. The only protest that will register with him if we turn up in our thousands and WALK OUT on kick off...that way the whole of football will sit up and notice and it will hit DC in the manner which he hates it most LOSING FACE 

• Like 1

Won't need to boycot, I'd wager crowds are gonna be very low anyway.

The amount of people I've spoken to in the past year or so who have simply lost interest, didn't renew at the last sale (Feb 2020 if i recall) or stopped going years ago when prices got stupid is depressing.

As others have pointed out, pay on the gate is a joke, my best mate is a huge Wednesday fan, can't commit to a season ticket through work and having a very young family at home to take care of. The odd time he's found himself with a free weekend and fancying to go, he's looking at £36+ before he's had a drink.

I'll be no doubt having my season ticket rolled onto 21/22, but if there's not big changes with how the club is run there will be no chance I'll be renewing the next year.

I can take us being crap, but something about handing over £655 (plus price for my lad and Dad) to be bored, insulted and blamed, gets a little wearing.

Rather get to the odd away game that makes general sale and spend my Saturday afternoons up at Hallam or one of the other cracking local clubs in our region.

Each to their own though. We all have our own tolerance level. Wouldn't knock any supporter for continuing to go.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It would be if Chansiri was taking money OUT of the club...he not he's putting his own money INTO the club so people buying tickets or merchandising aren't filling his pockets as he's emptying them faster than anyone is putting in...that's not too difficult a concept for anyone unless of course you've got the brain of an amoeba. The only protest that will register with him if we turn up in our thousands and WALK OUT on kick off...that way the whole of football will sit up and notice and it will hit DC in the manner which he hates it most LOSING FACE 

Errrrr parajack did not say that,so if your thinking about 'amoeba' size brains perhaps have a look in the mirror?....that was another persons opinion quoted in my post reply(to him)

As to  the Chairman putting money into the Club,thats a given,all Football Chairman do it,and its a case of sending a message of discontent in the only real way open to fans...

It will also of course increase the Chairmans losse's(and he has already said eg: he is open to lowering admission charges,but only if the Club 'breaks even'...)..and maybe make him think again...so it clearly is an issue he has commented on..& is taking notice of..in my view

The reverse also has to be considered,no fan boycott on matchday attendance or merchandise. what message do you imagine that would send??

Guest Hornsby
42 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Err  he now owns our stadium worth £60 million and is due £90 million rent from club.

Not bad investment if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Err  he now owns our stadium worth £60 million and is due £90 million rent from club.

Not bad investment if you ask me.

So buying a shirt won't be filling his pockets will it...do you think the £90 million covers his input into the club?

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So buying a shirt won't be filling his pockets will it...do you think the £90 million covers his input into the club?

Dont last Accounts say club owes him £78 million?

Ok, he also paid £38 million for shares but just still owns  them and had a recent £30;million offer, same value as Transfermarket.com.

Only fans that are outta pocket.

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I support Sheffield Wednesday fc what's hard to understand

‘Best chairman we have ever had’...that’s what you posted on here a few months ago wasn’t it?

20 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

I had  a season ticket last season, I had a season ticket for this season, I expect it to roll over to next season 

I’ll be there next season, I will shout and chant on my own if needs be against the owner but I won’t stop going 

Me too, whilst I'm able and can afford it I will continue to go.  Yes we need change but boycotting or not supporting the 11 shirts us not the answer. This is the time to pull together as a fanbase. Create a siege mentality and if Chansiri doesn't learn from this we need to be united in our vocal protests week in week out. I'll see you there next season. Wawaw

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

No you posted that

Negative...sure it was you...you have constantly backed dc throughout his shambolic reign...

55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

always thought when clubs get relegated thats the time to stand up and stick with em ...... if we went along with OPs  hair brained idea  we wouldnt have a club 

But thats just it,rock and a hard place isnt it? because we havnt got a Club now...we have Dephon Chansiri FC and i dont support them..I want my/our Club back SWFC

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, parajack said:

But thats just it,rock and a hard place isnt it? because we havnt got a Club now...we have Dephon Chansiri FC and i dont support them..I want my/our Club back SWFC

When you stop being a drama queen you will find Sheffield Wednesday fc are still in existence

• Like 4

Just now, parajack said:

we have Dephon Chansiri FC and i dont support them..I want my/our Club back SWFC

a lot did when it  chansiri fc in the 2 play off seasons and 40k of us followed him to wembley and loved it (result apart) and no doubt if by some miracle he turns this around we'll all love it again .....sadly it will never go back to the sheffield wednesday we grew up with where the chairman and board had to answer to the shareholders /fans ......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Disagree 

if no money is coming in he has to sell or go as he would then have to put his money in at some point 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

No you posted that

Deffo you...’best chairman we have ever had’ :duntmatter: