Boycott the games

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

I will always go and always have. Things need to change but Wednesday fans will always support the team as they always have don

I understand I go lots away games but it’s short term pain long term

gain 

we all support Wednesday with the same passion even if we don’t go to the games 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

I think post COVID a lot of supporters won’t come back to football. Unless prices come down massively I can’t see people buying season tickets in the same numbers as before in many clubs.

I think the total opposite - starved of matches and if we get off to a winning start next season there will be good attendances 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

It’s the only way to make a stance the only way unless dc gets out as soon as 

I had  a season ticket last season, I had a season ticket for this season, I expect it to roll over to next season 

I’ll be there next season, I will shout and chant on my own if needs be against the owner but I won’t stop going 

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I think the total opposite - starved of matches and if we get off to a winning start next season there will be good attendances 

I agree.

I can’t wait to get back to games.

I have a new gf from Essex.  Converted her lad to Wednesday.  Can’t wait to take him.

COME ON WEDNESDAY 💙💪🦉

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Correct. I’m not going to boycott matches. football is a family thing for me. I go with my old half blind Dad and I’m not going to stop going. Now, that’s not to say I wouldn’t as a one off protest miss a game if it was fully coordinated and there was reason to believe it would make a difference. But when my Dads gone I’m not going to be able to look at myself in the mirror if i stopped the thing he looks forward to most in the world. Me, him and his Grandkids having a good time at the Wednesday matches. 

Brilliant post - fans are permanent owners are temporary 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I will look forward to going back - might not look forward to what will be served up on the pitch, but there is much more to going to Hillsborough - history, family, friends, hope, togetherness, and the odd splash of excitement and joy 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

If six of us, all mid to late fifties, only two are going back. I will. Nothing to do with relegation (we’ve seen that many times) but the break seems to have broken the ‘religion’ of going. 

• Like 2

This option is always the best way but the uptake and appetite for it is always so low it never has an impact

it has a massive advantage too... you don’t have to watch fans embarrass themselves or engage in violence that has been so apparent with the ESL protests

Funny isn’t it...

Ask a fan to boycott a game and they won’t consider it due to “ loyalty”

Stir them up into a frenzy to break the peaceful protest law and they can’t wait to jump on board

• Like 1