Boycott the games

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Simply by owning us he is hit in the pocket millions of times every month. Fans not going isn't making a significant amount of financial difference in that respect. 55% of season ticket holders asked for their money back, that hasn't seen him sell up. 

I don't get the notion that paying to watch Sheffield Wednesday play or buying a replica shirt is giving money to Chansiri. If the club was running at a profit and he was taking money out then fair enough but that is clearly not the case. 

It will make his losses bigger.

Trust me, if fans stop buying from the club shop and attendances plummet to below 12k every home match, that will send a pretty clear message to the chairman.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Trust me, if fans stop buying from the club shop and attendances plummet to below 12k every home match, that will send a pretty clear message to the chairman.

Who has been buying from the club shop for the past year? 

55% of paying supporters demanded their money back - that is a clear message. He is still here and given how stubborn he seems, reducing the sale value of the club isn't likely to make him listen to offers. 

I don't think a move to stop fans buying Wednesday gear for their kids & stopping them from going to watch their team is the best stance. 

Guest T Hardy
12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If anyone pays another pence to that idiot then your part of the problem and not the solution.

Don't be fooled by blind faith and love for the club, this man needs exiting from the club while we still have a club.

This.

We should pack out every away end, but don’t get Chansiri a penny 

Pandemic will play a part I feel.

People will have missed it and be desperate to get back in

Or they'll have got out of the habit. 

Suspect a few early wins on the board and people will be rocking up.

Nature of the beast.

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
8 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

We need to keep supporting the club but not Chansiri.

Every game will be a great opportunity to protest against his ownership in the most vociferous manner possible.

As others as said though, it’s got to a point where our fans just don’t care. If that was Leeds United in our situation yesterday, there would have been thousands outside Elland Road demanding Chansiri out. Didn’t about 3 people turn up yesterday? That’s what Chansiri has done, people just don’t care anymore 

Guest Smackavolley
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Simply by owning us he is hit in the pocket millions of times every month. Fans not going isn't making a significant amount of financial difference in that respect. 55% of season ticket holders asked for their money back, that hasn't seen him sell up. 

I don't get the notion that paying to watch Sheffield Wednesday play or buying a replica shirt is giving money to Chansiri. If the club was running at a profit and he was taking money out then fair enough but that is clearly not the case. 

True. If there's less punters going to matches, the club will just reduce the number of staff.

The clubs a complete joke but boycotting games will deter offers for the club and more people will lose their livelihoods. DC has completely cocked things up and should take responsibility but the rent a mob won't be preventing me from spending my cash as I see fit. Man City, Leeds, Blunts, Portsmouth, Swansea, Ipswich, Sunderland, Bolton, Wolves, Brighton, Burnley etc. What do they all have in common?

As soon as people decide that a boycott is the best idea to protest, then you’ve already lost.

if that’s seriously the best you can come up with ... and this thread proves it, you may as well accept it’s over.

Fans will attend. Its as simple as that.

So you’ve already split the fan base and when people point out that supporters will still attend matches, the name calling starts. The ones who go to games get branded ‘idiots’ supporters of ‘Chansiri FC’ and inevitably’Happy Clappers’

What a great way to get fans on board by splitting them further 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I think the total opposite - starved of matches and if we get off to a winning start next season there will be good attendances 

Can't wait to get back to football. 

As for a boycott, how does that help the club or players, think we have a far better chance of coming back up if we continue to support. 

As for DC this may be the wake up call he needs we can only hope. But until someone's comes in with the cash we are stuck with him.

Those who want to boycott games fine crack on if it makes you feel better.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Forgive me for not trusting you 

• Like 1

I'll be putting my money into my local Non League club Banbury United, as I have for the past few seasons. I've no intention of going whilst Mr Chansiri owns the club. If people go that's fine, I've no issue with that, i'm not going to criticise anyone for going week in week out.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

It’s the only way to make a stance the only way unless dc gets out as soon as 

100% agree the only way you hurt DC is in his pocket he has shown he see the fans as customers with the way he treats us.

it's time we show him the same respect and hopefully he gets the message to fizz off though I believe he won't still get it.

• Thanks 1

Made that decision Months ago,that wasnt hard(others have done the same i know)  Got to keep to it though.....Many will attend regardless,some have little choice as have 'season tickets'..rolled over..

The fans unquestioning loyalty will actually work against 'encouraging' the Chairman to leave..

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

The fans unquestioning loyalty will actually work against 'encouraging' the Chairman to leave..

yeah just what we need trying to turn fans against each other...don't go you won't be missed

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Can't wait to get back to football. 

As for a boycott, how does that help the club or players, think we have a far better chance of coming back up if we continue to support. 

As for DC this may be the wake up call he needs we can only hope. But until someone's comes in with the cash we are stuck with him.

Those who want to boycott games fine crack on if it makes you feel better.

quote: As for a boycott, how does that help the club or players,.....? who wants to help the 'players'?...amazes me that the same old names  have been bandied about as an integral part of a team rebuild...really?

As to the Club,you skim over the Chairman as though we can ignore him....we will be paying what 2.5 Million rent PA for a ground we owned,which will leave us skint,and unable to attract the calibre of players req for a rebuild and push for promotion...

Each to their own,and many like yourself will disagree,and thats fine..

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

yeah just what we need trying to turn fans against each other...don't go you won't be missed

Wind your neck in fool...its a forum 

Edited by parajack
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

I think post COVID a lot of supporters won’t come back to football. Unless prices come down massively I can’t see people buying season tickets in the same numbers as before in many clubs.

You’re not alone.

one of the big drivers of all that Euro Super League nonsense.

Nervous times for clubs funded via debt acquisition...

18 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If anyone pays another pence to that idiot then your part of the problem and not the solution.

Don't be fooled by blind faith and love for the club, this man needs exiting from the club while we still have a club.

Said the same and was slated for it Months back....'who are you to tell another fan how to spend their money etc etc)  didnt faze me,i meant it....as do you......

• Thanks 1