Boycott the games

Much will depend upon what happens in the summer transfer windows and TBH a lot has got to happen as many players will be released.  A huge clear out is certainly going to bring the wage bill down significantly. We should be able to attract decent players at this level. If DC does his bit  and lets DM get on with it, then I'm happy to go to games. 

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You seriously think he is making money out of us?

What is our accounting deficit over the last 6 years? 

Does it matter?(if the Chairman is personally losing?) someone/people are are gaining,making money arnt  they?..Why do you imagine the Club has had those accounts???player and player agents,most definatley have been....other Club 'employee's'? influential to the Chairman.....what about them? (you have anyone in particular you might think of??) dont you think they will have been making money out of the Club??....why do we have said 'defecit' if not?

Doesnt matter if the Chairman personally is losing money,as to be a football Chairman in most cases thats the cost of doing business....and they will know full well whats involved(hence the Club having a number of offers despite this)

15 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

And then what?

Who is going to pay to keep the club going exactly if DC is driven out?

Do you want us to go bust and cease to exist, so we can have SWFC2022 in the conference?

Thought that old chestnut had been put to bed..Chairman himself i believe said he had interest,and we know Alonso was interested(consortium?)

Chansiri is not the only person  prepared to be Chairman of SWFC.....its a fundamental part of being a Club Chairman,being prepared to pump in money,and not(initially at least) get it back..Directors loans also are common.....

Why do you imagine our demise  can only be if the Chairman leaves? I personally wouldnt be surprised if we struggle in L1 next Year,and i will watch with interest what our comings and goings are,and what our pre season and friendlies look like.....

3 hours ago, parajack said:

L1 POTG £15 tops,Championship 20 quid tops..its time prices reflected whats affordable....if they want crowds to go back to huge turn outs

Based on that there should be quite a refund for the season tickets from this year that are being rolled over from this year.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Much will depend upon what happens in the summer transfer windows and TBH a lot has got to happen as many players will be released.  A huge clear out is certainly going to bring the wage bill down significantly. We should be able to attract decent players at this level. If DC does his bit  and lets DM get on with it, then I'm happy to go to games. 

Embargo  skint.

2 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Based on that there should be quite a refund for the season tickets from this year that are being rolled over from this year.

Should be,but wont,will just be you paid to watch a match,you got one....football's broken...ime just going to accept it and prob get a season ticket for Hallam, just  wait until the Chairman leaves...

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Does it matter?(if the Chairman is personally losing?) someone/people are are gaining,making money arnt  they?..Why do you imagine the Club has had those accounts???player and player agents,most definatley have been....other Club 'employee's'? influential to the Chairman.....what about them? (you have anyone in particular you might think of??) dont you think they will have been making money out of the Club??....why do we have said 'defecit' if not?

Doesnt matter if the Chairman personally is losing money,as to be a football Chairman in most cases thats the cost of doing business....and they will know full well whats involved(hence the Club having a number of offers despite this)

I was responding to the point made that people are saying it will hit the owner in the pocket. 

10 hours ago, Hornsby said:

£78 million.

His stadium value and rental stream is £150 million.

And he determined those stupid wages.

The ground sale is a paper transaction. Who do you think he sold it to? Do you think anyone will pay him anything for the club without including the ground? The rent, yes maybe, but that still doesn't amount to what he is putting in.

I think he is doing a very poor job but I don't think not going to home games or not buying stuff from the shop will make a big difference to him in terms of selling up. What is might do is cause him to lay off more staff that the club employs, stewards and caterers, people working in the shop and on ticket sales. That is a likely cause of a boycott like this.

Guest Hornsby
51 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The ground sale is a paper transaction. Who do you think he sold it to? Do you think anyone will pay him anything for the club without including the ground? The rent, yes maybe, but that still doesn't amount to what he is putting in.

I think he is doing a very poor job but I don't think not going to home games or not buying stuff from the shop will make a big difference to him in terms of selling up. What is might do is cause him to lay off more staff that the club employs, stewards and caterers, people working in the shop and on ticket sales. That is a likely cause of a boycott like this.

Giving more money to a 12 year old is mad.

His son spent £18 million gross on Rhodes.

More funds will go to only to Administrator.

And D Taxis to get players to Keepmoat for home games.

And Chansiri signed those legal papers, so they must be valid valuations , etc , or breach company laws.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I was responding to the point made that people are saying it will hit the owner in the pocket. 

No worries mate,aplogies or even apoligies!

Edited by parajack

50 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Giving more money to a 12 year old is mad.

His son spent £18 million gross on Rhodes.

More funds will go to only to Administrator.

And D Taxis to get players to Keepmoat for home games.

And Chansiri signed those legal papers, so they must be valid valuations , etc , or breach company laws.

I'm spending more at the club this season than I usually do thanks to you

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I'm spending more at the club this season than I usually do thanks to you

Then maybe refunds will get done now.

Sadly , not to Owls ho have died while waiting for their money.

But i've still got 4 years left on me season ticket and it's paid for ...

At this rate If everyone boycotts next season I will be able to park outside superstore and pick wherever I want to sit and not worry about all the pies being sold. 

Who knows there may even be hot water left in the toilets to wash me hands (there might even be anti-bacterial hand wash) 🤭

Living in Australia does have it's benefits!

In all seriousness I hope that a boycott is implemented so he actually pays attention and acts. 

Personally I would just go to away games for the first few games of the season say 5 - and boycott the home games. 

Good luck stay safe WAWAW

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Discrespectful

Maybe not refunding them is more disrespectful.

There also Owls on breadline post Covid that desperately need their refund money.

Shameful.

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Maybe not refunding them is more disrespectful.

There also Owls on breadline post Covid that desperately need their refund money.

Shameful.

Yet you are advocating boycotting the club, suggesting others should stop spending on tickets and in the shop, don't buy kids replica shirts or stationary, don't let them show they still support us in the 3rd division.

Do that and the first people to lose their jobs will be people behind the scenes working in the stands on match days and working in the club shop.