Boycott the games

4 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

Anybody putting money in this idiots sky rocket needs to get a grip, just boycott chansiri fc 

Going to the match has and always has been part of Saturday routine for thousands. The football has always been a sidebar the social side, the travel, having a laugh and hopefully watching a decent game of football. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Going to the match has and always has been part of Saturday routine for thousands. The football has always been a sidebar the social side, the travel, having a laugh and hopefully watching a decent game of football. 

I understand for some it's a way of life, I cant justify paying him a penny, I'd happily travel and go for a few jars but the football doesnt interest me while this bloke is in charge

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

Unfortunately they dont support you, not one bit, chansiri fc has had everyone's pants down 

fans attend despite crap chairmen, despite useless players, not because of them....

A boycott will never happen because fans will ALWAYS attend, so you have to come up with a different option.

Calling the club "ChansiriFC" won't wash, its a weak attempt at shaming Sheffield Wednesday fans into towing the particular line you want, and more divisive than helpful.

You don't want to go mate?...I fully understand your point of view, but I won't be swayed until I decide ive had enough...

I go through choice, andI still enjoy the banter that comes with a Saturday afternoon at Hillsborough...You don't...fair enough

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheers said:

That’s the end of a dreadful season. Now is the time to start planning for next season and getting behind the team. Now is the time to look ahead.  No point in looking back with the could have should have would have mind stem. The past is history and we can’t go there

Our owner needs to step up and keep the promises he makes about the team

Is that you, Dejphon?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

fans attend despite crap chairmen, despite useless players, not because of them....

A boycott will never happen because fans will ALWAYS attend, so you have to come up with a different option.

Calling the club "ChansiriFC" won't wash, its a weak attempt at shaming Sheffield Wednesday fans into towing the particular line you want, and more divisive than helpful.

You don't want to go mate?...I fully understand your point of view, but I won't be swayed until I decide ive had enough...

I go through choice, andI still enjoy the banter that comes with a Saturday afternoon at Hillsborough...You don't...fair enough

Yes to some as I say it's their way of life, and to others they have alternative things to do, it's a shame the club has a greedy fool who cares not 1 bit about the fans, I'm sure thousands will commit and that's fine it's their hobby and a way of getting away from lifes stresses, I am not shaming fans at all I just despise the man, he thinks it's all about himself and cares for nobody else , I am surprised he hasnt changed the club name to be honest 

It does feel like Chansiri FC at times, so I sympathise with that view.  I don’t think a boycott would work to get DC to change and I still plan to go.

However, it doesn’t feel like my club as much anymore.

• Like 1

Some people will, some people won’t. There is no need to criticise those who decide the money isn’t worth it, it doesn’t make them any less or a fan.

my last game was Carlos last, 2-1 loss to Boro at home watching Reach pull out of every tackle as we whimpered to a loss.

think I paid £40 on the grandstand. Couldn’t do it after that. Unless you get a ST, Chanersi has completely priced out pay on the gate or pay for single games in advance. I’ve never been able to commit to a ST, for various reasons, but always had membership to make about 7-10 and the odd away game. Then he made membership only worth it if you managed 13 games, which at that point you might as well have bought a ST.

he can’t reduce the ticket price due to the stupid multi year season tickets.

next season will just consist of those who already have their ST. How many is that? 17k ish? Plus 27 away fans. We will always support the club, but until he gets a proper team in place and sorts out prices, a lot of us cannot justify the price of the game to watch utter gash

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Some people will, some people won’t. There is no need to criticise those who decide the money isn’t worth it, it doesn’t make them any less or a fan.

my last game was Carlos last, 2-1 loss to Boro at home watching Reach pull out of every tackle as we whimpered to a loss.

think I paid £40 on the grandstand. Couldn’t do it after that. Unless you get a ST, Chanersi has completely priced out pay on the gate or pay for single games in advance. I’ve never been able to commit to a ST, for various reasons, but always had membership to make about 7-10 and the odd away game. Then he made membership only worth it if you managed 13 games, which at that point you might as well have bought a ST.

he can’t reduce the ticket price due to the stupid multi year season tickets.

next season will just consist of those who already have their ST. How many is that? 17k ish? Plus 27 away fans. We will always support the club, but until he gets a proper team in place and sorts out prices, a lot of us cannot justify the price of the game to watch utter gash

speaking as a season ticket holder mate..He can drop POTG to a tenner next season, it wouldn't bother me.

As far as I see it, its going to be the only viable way of getting folk through the gates again.

Ive been through not being able to afford a season ticket..but POTG was a fair enough price then..now?..Its ridiculous.

It means season ticket holders taking a hit for the next season, but if its the option of a Hillsborough devoid of fans?..is it not worth taking a hit?

I'm not going to whitter on about a "Wednesday" family or owt, because I can't honestly see Chansiri budging on it..but for my part...I would be more than happy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

100% agree! - Staged walkout like the scousers did? That shows we support the team but when 20000 people get up and walk out that sends a big message

Usually that we are 4 0 down lol

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

It’s the only way to make a stance the only way unless dc gets out as soon as 

👎 Not an option for most of us. 

I'll always be there however we're playing and whatever league we are in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'll go to away games, better atmosphere 

I won't be giving Dc a penny, when he is taking is to league 2 next 

Most away games won’t get past season ticket holders so how will you get tickets

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Stir them up into a frenzy to break the peaceful protest law and they can’t wait to jump on board

🤣 🤣 You have to be joking most of them that "can't wait to jump aboard " couldn't find the ground lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If anyone pays another pence to that idiot then your part of the problem and not the solution.

Don't be fooled by blind faith and love for the club, this man needs exiting from the club while we still have a club.

Sheffield Wednesday fans paying to watch their team should never be described as part of the problem.

This club loses around £20M per year in this regime due to financial mismanagement. Paying fans aren't putting money in Chansiri's pocket, it just makes the debt he has to cover a bit less. 

I want to go and watch my team next season and plan to do so if the price is right, that may well be an issue, hopefully we will all know what that is soon enough. I won't stop going because I don't like the way the owner is running the club, it is our team I want to watch and he won't make a decision to stay or go purely based on how many tickets we sell because he is going to continue to lose money regardless of that.

12 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The only way to hurt Chansiri is to hit him in the pocket.

I don’t miss going to matches, I haven’t enjoyed watching Wednesday in quite a while and enjoy the pub before with my mates more than the match itself.

I’ll go next season as I’m being forced to roll my ticket over but after that, we’ve all said that if Chansiri is still there we are done.

A couple of the lads are talking about going round a few of the local none league sides on a Saturday but the rest of us are going to go drinking around Hillsborough as usual on a match day but then just go back to my house to watch the match.

I’m done giving Chansiri anymore of my money.

Simply by owning us he is hit in the pocket millions of times every month. Fans not going isn't making a significant amount of financial difference in that respect. 55% of season ticket holders asked for their money back, that hasn't seen him sell up. 

I don't get the notion that paying to watch Sheffield Wednesday play or buying a replica shirt is giving money to Chansiri. If the club was running at a profit and he was taking money out then fair enough but that is clearly not the case.