Who is the most famous person who has sat or stood next to you at a game?

Sat next to Chris Waddle at a reserve game at Hillsborough, he was making notes. Esajas behind me at Derby once, his watch was bigger than the stadium clock.  Sat with Mansfields players wives at back of directors box when we won 2-0 in the cup, 93 I think. I'd bought a ticket off a Mansfield apprentice.  

When I was a kid I used to go to Chesterfield reserve games in the central league to get autographs. Pestered Terry Cooper for 90 minutes sat next to him !  The Leeds side that day included Albert Johannsen, Bobby Collins and, I think Paul Reaney.

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

Paul Carrick stood behind me at Stoke.

Once was overtaken on the M1 by Jarvis Cocker.  As I stopped at the services for a pee, he came out of the toilets as I was going in.  A real sliding doors moment.

i once was undertaken yer seriously on halifax road non match day by gazza ,i guess he was meeting up with waddle he was a middlesboro player at the time. 

• Like 1

In recent years I’ve sat close by Hirst in the south, waddle at Brighton second leg , bannan at a random away . Most memorable was Graham coughlan who seemed genuinely surprised I recognised him , really nice bloke and said he came whenever he could get as his son is a big Wednesday from the time he played for us , nice to hear but bet his son is gutted! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

Clive Betts away at Leicester in the late 90’s

Having a piss at Upton Park late 80’s or early 90’s. Looked up at the bloke next to me at the urinal and it was Clive Betts having a slash.

44 minutes ago, morganowl said:

was that 2 years ago when we got fireworks etc threw at us outside? he didnt rate liam palmer in that game i remember that 

The 0-0 when reach nearly won it last min ( i had a fiver on him first goal😲)

I had a pint with Nigel Pearson in the closed shop in Crookes great guy, at the time was working for the England youth set up. He apparently still follows Wednesday and lives in Sheffield, Sheffield

I saw and met David Hirst in All Bar One he is a really nice guy even with grown men acting like star struck kids around him - not my finest hour.😁😁😁

22 hours ago, ANDY said:

Stood next to Waddle at the urinal in a pub at Brentford. 

You had a little look dint you?

(Dunno if someone else has already said this, can't be bothered to go through 6 pages to check)

I sat next to Michelle Gayle plenty of times in the 1990s. I was always very polite about Brighty.

More recently, Reda Johnson and Barry Bannan’s dad.

On the whole, I preferred the 90s.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rogers said:

Remember when Nelson Mandela came to Hillsborough around 1994; he was over on an official visit and had some spare time and wanted to see a football match.  Obviously, Leeds with Radebe and Masinga playing there, was his first choice.  But they weren't playing on the day he was free.  Blunkett got a call and was asked to take him to a match, as everyone in Parliament knew Blunkett was into his football. 

So Blunkett brought him to Wednesday for the day, where he had a pork sandwich and watched us beat Crystal Palace 1-0 (Chris Bart-Williams). 

That was my first ever visit to Hillsborough. Sat in the complimentary area with Carlton Palmer and John Pemberton (Leeds were playing the following day). My uncle got us the tickets through Pemberton who he was friends with from his Palace days.

Never saw Mandela. Or Morgan Freeman.