Who is the most famous person who has sat or stood next to you at a game?

1 hour ago, overlandandsea said:

Had waddle Sheridan and John Pearson sat in front of me in the win over blunts 2012. Waddle kept getting asked if he'd brought his boots with him 

They sat behind me in the Grandstand that day, then realised they were in the wrong seats!

• Like 1

OK so I'm going to get some stick for this but it's true.

The company I used to work for sponsored the football league for a couple of years a while back and part of the sponsorship deal was we got x4 seats for all league grounds (not premiership) for the directors box to entertain customers.

Not a big take up for SWFC, main interest was London based teams, so basically I had them for most home games.

Met quite a few interesting people but one of the most interesting guys I sat next to was David Neilson (Roy Cropper from Coronation Street) a massive Leicester fan. Nice guy and interesting to talk to.

Most obnoxious was Owen Oyston (Blackpool) what a bellend.

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

OK so I'm going to get some stick for this but it's true.

The company I used to work for sponsored the football league for a couple of years a while back and part of the sponsorship deal was we got x4 seats for all league grounds (not premiership) for the directors box to entertain customers.

Not a big take up for SWFC, main interest was London based teams, so basically I had them for most home games.

Met quite a few interesting people but one of the most interesting guys I sat next to was David Neilson (Roy Cropper from Coronation Street) a massive Leicester fan. Nice guy and interesting to talk to.

Most obnoxious was Owen Oyston (Blackpool) what a bellend.

I met David Neilson once in an airport, it shocks you how different he is in real life to his character doesn’t it? Lovely guy 

My first few years as a season ticket holder were on the back row of the uncovered section of the south stand towards the kop. Leslie Ash sat in the row behind me, which was the front row of the covered section. I was about 15. I didn’t see much of the games coz she was hot and I kept turning round to gawk! She’s about 62 now 😳

Edited by stoff
  • Haha 1

Sat behind big Jack in the cant the day he was making his mind up to come or not...

I asked him if he was going to take the job...he said maybe.

Radio sheff or could have been hallam asked me what he said (he blanked em)

I told em he's starting monday..😁

36 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

The guy from Reverend and the Makers too at a few games, I doubt for much longer though, the guy has lost his mind and thinks people want him dead because someone joked that if we throw Chansiri’s golden elephants in the river we should throw that guy’s band in too lol 

The mans a total loon, I saw that play out on Twitter.

Couple of times sat next to Thomas Craig, the coronation Street actor. Nice chap, had a good chat.

Sat next to Clinton Woods but didn't recognise him until someone pointed out who he was. Nice bloke.

Through a work connection got chatting at length with Chris Waddle a few times, generous with his time.

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Couple of times sat next to Thomas Craig, the coronation Street actor. Nice chap, had a good chat.

Sat next to Clinton Woods but didn't recognise him until someone pointed out who he was. Nice bloke.

Through a work connection got chatting at length with Chris Waddle a few times, generous with his time.

Also was a guest of the late, great Ernest Barron and sat with him in the directors box. Afterwards went with him and his grandson and my son down to the players lounge to meet some of the players. 2005/06 season I think. Kind man, well loved at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

Stood behind Chris Waddle on the terrace at Brentford about 3 years ago, we lost 2-0 not long after Jos was sacked. Waddle left when the second goal went in.

Seen Tommy Craig (the actor not footballer) at lots of games, one time at a night match at Blackpool he had Ashley from Coronation Street with him, I say he had Ashley with him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

The mans a total loon, I saw that play out on Twitter.

He also a really nice guy ( in real life not Twitter). Sat in front of us at Huddersfield and I asked to ring my daughter at half time as she’s a massive reverend fan. He obliged and she still talks about today. 
Bumped into that Sheffield MP with the Brazilian boyfriend at Spora. Had been on the ale all day so gave him my opinion. 
tricky trev from eastenders was sat behind us at Wembley 93. Tommy from Corey see regularly. Paul Carrick a few times. 
Micheal Pallin and the Arctic monkeys at Oxford in 78.

And Chris Waddle once came for Sunday dinner at my house. I really was star struck that day. 

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Derick Mills said:

Jack Charlton the day he became manager 2-2 with Chesterfield 

We won 1-0 that day leaving Ken Knighton as the only manager in our history with a 100% record! lol

http://www.adrianbullock.com/swfc/stats/lg1978.htm

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 2

Remember when Nelson Mandela came to Hillsborough around 1994; he was over on an official visit and had some spare time and wanted to see a football match.  Obviously, Leeds with Radebe and Masinga playing there, was his first choice.  But they weren't playing on the day he was free.  Blunkett got a call and was asked to take him to a match, as everyone in Parliament knew Blunkett was into his football. 

So Blunkett brought him to Wednesday for the day, where he had a pork sandwich and watched us beat Crystal Palace 1-0 (Chris Bart-Williams). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
37 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Remember when Nelson Mandela came to Hillsborough around 1994; he was over on an official visit and had some spare time and wanted to see a football match.  Obviously, Leeds with Radebe and Masinga playing there, was his first choice.  But they weren't playing on the day he was free.  Blunkett got a call and was asked to take him to a match, as everyone in Parliament knew Blunkett was into his football. 

So Blunkett brought him to Wednesday for the day, where he had a pork sandwich and watched us beat Crystal Palace 1-0 (Chris Bart-Williams). 

Never heard before that Mandela came to Hillsborough and can’t find anything online about it at all 

Had a 10minute natter with John Newsome in a urinal at a diirty house music club bout 3 in t’morning a few days before t’play-off final…surprise surprise he said none o’em would cut it in t’prem etc etc…nice bloke, we kept the convo going well considering I was smashed…..👀

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

He also a really nice guy ( in real life not Twitter). Sat in front of us at Huddersfield and I asked to ring my daughter at half time as she’s a massive reverend fan. He obliged and she still talks about today. 
Bumped into that Sheffield MP with the Brazilian boyfriend at Spora. Had been on the ale all day so gave him my opinion. 
tricky trev from eastenders was sat behind us at Wembley 93. Tommy from Corey see regularly. Paul Carrick a few times. 
Micheal Pallin and the Arctic monkeys at Oxford in 78.

And Chris Waddle once came for Sunday dinner at my house. I really was star struck that day. 

He needs to work on his Twitter persona then as he comes across as a total ahole on there.