Who is the most famous person who has sat or stood next to you at a game?

1 hour ago, Sambo89 said:

Alex Turner was at the side of me on the corner of the kop just after their first album came out. Think it was against Watford.

Seen Jamie Cook at numerous games when Monkeys first started up, then again he used to work along side me making Fridges at Viscount Catering for a while before band got going. 

• Like 1

The Lord Our Father has always accompanied me.  However the last time I spoke with him he was in a terrible mood spouting off about how lucky I am being unable to attend games due to COVID restrictions and how poo it is for him being, and I quote . . .

”omnif#@kinpresent !”

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sibon said:

I sat next to Michelle Gayle plenty of times in the 1990s. I was always very polite about Brighty.

More recently, Reda Johnson and Barry Bannan’s dad.

On the whole, I preferred the 90s.

Wow, I never knew they had the same father.

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

That was my first ever visit to Hillsborough. Sat in the complimentary area with Carlton Palmer and John Pemberton (Leeds were playing the following day). My uncle got us the tickets through Pemberton who he was friends with from his Palace days.

Never saw Mandela. Or Morgan Freeman.

Another home Winnie for the mighty Owls!

13 hours ago, Woodsideowl said:

The Lord Our Father has always accompanied me.  However the last time I spoke with him he was in a terrible mood spouting off about how lucky I am being unable to attend games due to COVID restrictions and how poo it is for him being, and I quote . . .

”omnif#@kinpresent !”

Excellent!

Back in 2004, Morgan Freeman was voice recording 'The March of the Penguins' in London.  He came to the UK to get some tips from the master himself, David Attenborough, on animal doco voice overs. 

Anyway, during his time in the UK, he wanted to catch a football match and actually wanted to get a feel for it in with the supporters.  He could have easily have got invited to Man Utd, Arsenal, etc. in an executive box. But he didn't want that and being super famous, he couldn't just rock up a Arsenal or Chelsea on a Saturday afternoon.

Now the Attenborough's are big Chelsea fans and love their football.  Morgan asked if he knew a team where they knew of a club where he could blind in and where the fans might not recognise him.   They had a think and asked around,  Seb Coe, a famous Chelsea fan,  said that Sheffield Wednesday might be an option. He had gone there a few times in his school days and said a few times he supported them, but he didn't. 

"They have a stand where all the supporters are more or less asleep for the whole game and you'll just wonder in and around without anyone battering an eyelid.  Just wear a shirt and you'll not get bothered. Most of them don't even have TVs" Coe said! "So you'll be fine."

So Morgan got his driver to drive up to Hillsborough on 30th August 2004, a home match Vs Oldham. It finished 1-1 in front of 21,513.  He enjoyed Chris Brunt goal, but didn't rate the chip butty at half time and was overheard complaining that it took too long to get a beer at half time and the people behind the counter couldn't add up!. And on that note, vowed never to come back to Hillsborough.  

But some luck people sat with a superstar that match, maybe without never knowing. 

Picture1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7