v Forrest live on Sky at 12:30

40 minutes ago, sturutter said:

If games kicked off at the same time, as they should, Derby's strategy would not be clear-they may settle for a point as much as playing to win. 

Once they know our result, their strategy becomes much clearer 

Yes, and I retract my earlier post in this thread about how this is mostly unfair to Derby... but that was before I realised that if we draw with Forest, we're still in with a chance as long as Derby lose... it's quite preposterous EFL has allowed these two games to be played after each other with so much at stake for both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Yes, and I retract my earlier post in this thread about how this is mostly unfair to Derby... but that was before I realised that if we draw with Forest, we're still in with a chance as long as Derby lose... it's quite preposterous EFL has allowed these two games to be played after each other with so much at stake for both.

The EFL 's problem is they have happily taken Sky's money, so don't have a say in the matter. 

If you dance with the devil, you dance to their tune 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Doghouse Daz said:

I'm more concerned about putting in a claim for accidental damage to mi TV on Saturday. If there's a surge in claims, will it be null and void ?

If it goes like our season, you’ll throw  your shoe at your telly but miss. Because your tellys in a corner, Bannan will try and take it but only succeed in hitting the first man with it, shattering in a million pieces. You’ll think you’ve got away with it when DC announces he’s back dated your home & contents insurance claim to last season but Dawson will mishandle your claim and...... you guessed it you’ve no telly, you’re  skint and we’re in League One. 

18E3B370-5A52-4111-88FF-4DB367EE74B8.png

• Haha 3

Don’t see the advantage myself. Derby have to have their team sheet in half way through the 2nd half of our game. 

Even then the likelihood is they’ll need to win to guarantee safety anyway, regardless of how our games going/gone.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

It worked well for us in 2012 - We beat Brentford then the pigs bottled it against Stevenage in the tea time kick off.

I do wonder if the extra pressure of the need to win had an affect on them.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

It isn’t really. We’ve got to win regardless. Only thing is Derby know they would need to win to send us down if we prevail against Forest.

Of course it is! We have to better Derby result, even a draw-loss would be enough on Saturday to take it to the last day (ignoring Rotherham). If we draw Saturday, Derby now know they just need a point to send us down and will affect how they play

Absolutely scandalous it's allowed to go ahead

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bit of an advantage for Derby that. 

I disagree, it puts the pressure on Derby and Rotherham if we win. When we beat the pigs to promotion in 2012, it certainly helped our cause when we beat Brentford and they then had to play Stevenage.

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Derby know they need a win to guarantee staying up regardless of what we do don't they? 

Not really, don’t forget they have to keep Rotherham in mind as well. Not just us they have to see off.