• Harris
    • Pelupessy
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Bannan
    • Green
    • Rhodes
    • Katchunga

Fkin 3rd division football again , no one saw this coming 4/5 years ago , didn't watch it today but when I found out we were 1-0 up against 10 men and had missed a pen , well writing was on the wall, Wednesday to concede late on and that's what happened.

I'll be glad when most of this team is broken up and somehow we get a squad capable of coming back up next season.

Not getting a season ticket due to Chansiri's utter shambles of trying to run the club, I think until this guy goes we won't see better days.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, malek said:

At home in a must win game where draw equals defeat. We are 1:0 up and player up, and what we do...

We set to play 70 minutes with 3 central defenders to mark their lone and isolated striker and with out & out defensive midfielder infront of them.

It was stupid, cowardly and negative approach that ultimately cost us. Instead of trying to score more goals and finish Bristol City off, we banked that we won't make a mistake, bad decision or that one of their players won't have moment of brilliance (like happened so many times this season) and cost us points.

We brought this on us and we deserved it, today I blame management team even more than I blame players on the pitch. In any case, load of cowards and bottlers all of them.

Spot on.

I was going to post exactly the same but not as succinctly as you have.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, malek said:

At home in a must win game where draw equals defeat. We are 1:0 up and player up, and what we do...

We set to play 70 minutes with 3 central defenders to mark their lone and isolated striker and with out & out defensive midfielder infront of them.

It was stupid, cowardly and negative approach that ultimately cost us. Instead of trying to score more goals and finish Bristol City off, we banked that we won't make a mistake, bad decision or that one of their players won't have moment of brilliance (like happened so many times this season) and cost us points.

We brought this on us and we deserved it, today I blame management team even more than I blame players on the pitch. In any case, load of cowards and bottlers all of them.

Bang on Malek.

Responsibility fully with the manager[s] and the captain.

Step up 20 yards in play and change it to overload the midfield.

Poor and I do wonder whether DM and his assistants have watched any of the match videos from the last 18 months.

If they had, they should not be allowing this team to make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, striker said:

I really don't want to see these players disgrace the shirt any longer.

Rather see the kids on the bench have a go. Not suggesting they will bring an improvement in results, but I'm starting to actively hate most of those masquerading as football players who keep representing our club.

I understand your frustration totally....but players don’t play for the shirt or pride in their club...it’s just a way to make a lot of money very quickly before they retire at 35 and go on to do something different or waste it all at the bookies/pub/brothel. Money has killed loyalty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Reach was back to his hopeless self. Turning back whenever he had the ball, awful crossing 

No clue how to beat his man, just sh*t

My favourite bit was when the ball came back to him from a throw in he had just taken, and a Bristol player came towards him and he put his hands on his head and turned away because he was frightened. :ghoulguy:

• Like 1

Today was the perfect way to all but confirm our relegation, unable to hold onto a lead against 10 men and a team with nothing to play for.  I’m hoping now that we go down in 24th place and by more than 6 points to avoid any misguided individuals blaming the EFL for our plight.  That would be well deserved and provide a true reflection of Chansiri’s impact on the club.

• Like 1

Well people's let's draw a little perverse comfort in the fact the Premier League Champions elect.

The league cup finalists and Champions League semi finalists have just flushed one quarter of a quadruple down the toilet with one of the worst team selections and tactical suicides in a major cup semi final 

For one night and one night only we kind of share the same stage .....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

Callum Paterson came on as a sub for John McGinn just last year.

Paterson is an all rounder and is a useful utility player to bring on depending on the circumstances of the match. Bannan pings balls about, and McGinn is far better than him. That’s the only reason I can think, because Patterson’s inclusion is also a bit of a mystery. Maybe it’s because he had premier league pedigree