• Pelupessy
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Bannan
    • Green
    • Rhodes
    • Katchunga

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

We haven’t got a captain.  We haven’t got any leaders.  

The lad Flint from Cardiff, I’m pretty sure was brought in for that very reason.

He got injured.

You can't expect a 6-month loan signing to come in and take control of the dressing room to much positive effect though. 

Another shocking indictment of our recruitment policy that we haven't been able to find anyone of that ilk since getting rid of Semedo and Loovens. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's not fair.

Not taking our chances when we were a man to the good cost us 3 points. If we had done so, the missed penalty would have been irrelevant.

If we'd scored the penalty the missed chances would have been irrelevant too.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You can't expect a 6-month loan signing to come in and take control of the dressing room to much positive effect though. 

Another shocking indictment of our recruitment policy that we haven't been able to find anyone of that ilk since getting rid of Semedo and Loovens. 

You could see his qualities in that department though before he got injured.  He’s oldskool.

He doesn’t whine after the event, he bosses folk about, stands by his instructions and makes you listen.

He’s a leader.  We have none of that and have been lacking it since Loovens went.  

Venancio came closest since but we never played him then when we did, realised his qualities, we couldn’t re-sign him due to the embargo.

Madness.

It is more visible than ever with empty stadiums.

All our player noise comes after the event. Never before.  Spineless, whinging, overimportant wasters.

Who knows how much better it could be out there if someone on that pitch got them out of their comfort zone and broke their soft mentality monopoly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's not fair.

Not taking our chances when we were a man to the good cost us 3 points. If we had done so, the missed penalty would have been irrelevant.

We drew 1-1. He missed the penalty. It cost us the 3 points. Nothings was more clear cut than a penalty 

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We haven’t got a captain.  We haven’t got any leaders.  The lad Flint from Cardiff, I’m pretty sure was brought in for that very reason.

Aidan Flint recently taken in action at a set piece in an EFL championship game ...

file-20201005-16-18454wb.jpg.ab24645f05b1d7aad683e5c84741aac4.jpg

**Picture by kind permission of 

Monty Fresco Daily Mirror International ©

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Still, at least there's this to look forward to

image.thumb.png.af880b4fa0981bbc563437af0a199cb7.png

We were all hoping for trips to the Etihad, Anfield and Goodison but not to be playing the under 23 squads. 

40 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We haven’t got a captain.  We haven’t got any leaders.  

The lad Flint from Cardiff, I’m pretty sure was brought in for that very reason.

He got injured.

I believe Dunkley was brought in for the role but as is the norm at Hillsborough he never got of the treatment table

Edited by Mickjj
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HullOwlPhil said:

234 games as an attacking midfielder for us, 12 goals.

Not played for Scotland since 2017.

31 years old and heading to the third tier of English football with Sheffield Wednesday.

Quality.

Oh, this explains it.  You think Bannan is playing as an attacking midfielder for us.

It's just a simple case of confusion.

Bannan is the little guy whose hair is on the way out who you always see picking up the ball at our penalty area or receiving it from the centrebacks, and then directs it forward, puts in crosses, and links up pretty much any positive play that Wednesday have.

4th in the league in assists in 2018/19 with 11.

A ten way tie for 6th in the league in assists in 2019/20 with 8.

A little further back in the assists table this year with 5.

He's not a goal scorer or out-and-out attacker.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's not fair.

Chances dont come much easier than 12 yards and only the goalie to beat

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Dominic Iorfa next season perhaps - if he’s still here ?

54 minutes ago, Jim said:

Once the second goal failed to arrive we all knew what was coming. We’ve seen it happen time and again this season and plenty of times in the three seasons prior.

Mentally this team is shot and has been since we lost to Huddersfield in the PO semi-final 4 years ago.

Nobody in charge either of the team or in the boardroom have grasped that fact and just let things meander along and slowly unravel until we find ourselves where we are today, staring at a third stint in League 1 in 18 years.

I don’t see us building anything sustainable from the wreckage of this current squad. It needs to be disbanded as quickly as possible. As I’ve said before the likes of Palmer and Paterson will have options to leave and I’m sure others will.

I like Moore, I think he’s the right man for the rebuild and I see us going down a completely different path under his leadership. Attractive and attacking football with a young, vibrant and hungry team will be the way forward under him but I don’t see many if any of the current youngsters that are in this first team squad being a part of this. The likes of Hunt need to move on, he in particular has been badly managed this season and after looking a real prospect towards the end of last season, he finds himself further back from that now?

People will laugh but I would keep Hutchinson and make him captain and let him lead a young team to hopefully better days?

Sorry Jim but we don't want the likes of Borner and Hutchinson trying to be proactive and steal the ball and also competing with the opposition. We need the players that shadow and never quite get there (the timid ones who shouldn't get booked) or the ones that stiffen up under pressure and can't play. The other thing against them is if left to it they can bring the ball out of defence and pass it. We'd much prefer to have 10 men around our own box booting it to a lone striker.

Best add Iorfa, Dunkley and Urhoghide to the proactive ones they need canning too.

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Dominic Iorfa next season perhaps - if he’s still here ?

Possibly something he could develop into but many teams have a choice of captains and even if they aren't wearing the armband they have experienced players who know the right time to be harsh with team mates or to encourage and to be vocal in organising the shape of the team with and without the ball on the pitch.

I am sure our lack of natural leaders contributes to our inability to respond when we fall behind or when things go against us. 

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Oh, this explains it.  You think Bannan is playing as an attacking midfielder for us.

It's just a simple case of confusion.

Bannan is the little guy whose hair is on the way out who you always see picking up the ball at our penalty area or receiving it from the centrebacks, and then directs it forward, puts in crosses, and links up pretty much any positive play that Wednesday have.

4th in the league in assists in 2018/19 with 11.

A little further back in the assists table this year with 5.

He's not a goal scorer or out-and-out attacker.

31 years old.

Career heading down the shítter.

Going to be a third division player next season.

Can't get a game for Scotland.

Fair enough 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Sorry, mixed up reading the table on my phone.

It was a five way tie for 5th in 2019/20 at 9.  Bannan was part of a six way tie at 10th.

Point is he contributes plenty, especially when it comes to build up for goals where he's a pass removed from the assists tally.