• Windass
    • Bannan
    • Green
    • Rhodes
    • Katchunga

1 minute ago, HullOwlPhil said:

31 years old.

Career heading down the shítter.

Going to be a third division player next season.

Can't get a game for Scotland.

Fair enough 🤷‍♂️

I mean, also feel free to share who in our squad you would rather have in his spot, and who would contribute at the level that he does, given that he's so dire.

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

I mean, also feel free to share who in our squad you would rather have in his spot, and who would contribute at the level that he does, given that he's so dire.

I've already said he's the best player we've got.

If he's so good, explain to me why he plays for Sheffield Wednesday and can't get a game for Scotland.

12 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

If he's so good, explain to me why he plays for Sheffield Wednesday and can't get a game for Scotland.

Because he's not that good?
I'm not sure why people expect the players at Sheffield Wednesday to be world class, or PL quality in the first place given the circumstances.

He's not De Bruyne or Ward-Prowse.
But he doesn't have to be to be among the better players in the Championship (and soon, hopefully, to be League One - though that might be wishful thinking).  If you don't think Bannan is quality - which is where we kicked off this little exchange, I think you're either kidding yourself or have some unrealistic expectations of the level of players we can expect to have.  Especially after the recent nonsense.

I guess I'm just flabbergasted in general (not necessarily at you) at the consistent sentiment that of all the problems at the club, Barry Bannan is one of them.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

What’s your obsession with Scotland. They have John McGinn & McTominay in the middle, he’s getting in ahead of them?

• Like 1

This is the whole problem. Its not JP fault or Bannans. Its the teams fault. JP is taking flack from people who fail to see that he is trying to do somethings that dont suit his skill set because the team is lacking in those departments. Joey is a holding midfielder who is meant to protect the centre halves and give the ball to the creative players. Why do people understand Bannan is not a commanding strapping ball winner and is in the team for creativity. Yet JP is slated for not possessing the creative type skills. Perhaps this makes more sense JP is better at creating than Bannan is at winning possession of the ball. Neither player excels at either. A team needs balance of all skill types to be decent. Players like JP are easier targets for picking points off them because he is trying to fill in with a skill he does not excel at because the players meant to be creative are not doing their job effectively. When Bannan tries to win the ball off big strong players its embarrassing. So he does this very few times as not to get slated or look bad. Yet JP does try and make up for the teams lack of creativity even though he then puts himself in the firing line for flack and he has a low skill level at this. Putting bad results on 1 players toes is pointless. The team is responsible for results. We are not getting results due to lack of balance and skill set with players who do not possess enough quality in certain areas.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I'm not sure why people expect the players at Sheffield Wednesday to be world class, or PL quality in the first place given the circumstances.

But he doesn't have to be to be among the better players in the Championship (and soon, hopefully, to be League One - though that might be wishful thinking).  If you don't think Bannan is quality - which is where we kicked off this little exchange, I think you're either kidding yourself or have some unrealistic expectations of the level of players we can expect to have.  Especially after the recent nonsense.

Where have I ever said he should be world class or PL quality?

I've already said many a time that he's decent but achingly average. I just find it weird how he's exempt from criticism in some posters' eyes, that's all.

• Like 1

I couldn't be bothered today. I went to the local dump to get rid of the kids' trampoline and slide.

I thought at the ages of 17 and 14 they were probably past the trampoline and slide stage.

Talking about slides, how did we perform?

9 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I guess I'm just flabbergasted in general (not necessarily at you) at the consistent sentiment that of all the problems at the club, Barry Bannan is one of them.

Bannan has days when his passing is good. But he has far too many off days. His other skill set is extremely limited. If bannan was judged on everything he would score very low as he has only a limited area of skill which is passing. All his other parts of his game are very low. If bannan plays in a small weak and light midfield his skills are totally useless. If he is in a strong combatative midfield with ball winners and fast energetic players bannan would excel at his limited skill that he has

• Thanks 1

I think we all knew that when we missed the pen, it would come back and bite us.

I said pre match that I thought the line up was poor, very negative dropping Rhodes for the totally out of form Harris,  I think the extra striker would have clinched it for with the chances we created.

I hope none of the out of contract players get a new contract, other than Urgohide who is young enough to become a decent player.

We had a lot of experience out there today Westwood, Palmer, Borner, Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan and Reach who collectively are just weak players.

Went for Windass as MoM, it would have been Bannan, but I can't give to a player who's penalty miss ultimately cost us a win.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I couldn't be bothered today. I went to the local dump to get rid of the kids' trampoline and slide.

I thought at the ages of 17 and 14 they were probably past the trampoline and slide stage.

Talking about slides, how did we perform?

We played actually with quite a bit of attacking flair for the first 75 minutes or so.

57% possession and 20 shots in the final game stats.

Then we decided we would sit on the lead and play the final fifteen, with all the elegance and grace as if Chansiri himself was jumping naked on that old trampoline of yours.

Edited by Indoor Owl

5 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

We played actually with quite a bit of attacking flair for the first 75 minutes or so.

57% possession and 20 shots in the final game stats.

Then we decided we would sit on the lead and play the final fifteen, with all the elegance and grace as if Chansiri himself was jumping naked on that old trampoline of yours.

Thank you for your report, you have a flair for it. Sadly, a naked Chansiri bouncing on the kids' trampoline has put me off my dinner.

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dont get it. Joey haters can't see how bad the others are. Bannan has had 1 good game all season and he is class ???? Rose tinted glasses, blinkers or drunk ??? Put it this way - if we had another 10 players with same attitude as JP we would not be in this position.

Yeah, attitudes ok, he's just crap.

38 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Bannan has days when his passing is good. But he has far too many off days. His other skill set is extremely limited. If bannan was judged on everything he would score very low as he has only a limited area of skill which is passing. All his other parts of his game are very low. If bannan plays in a small weak and light midfield his skills are totally useless. If he is in a strong combatative midfield with ball winners and fast energetic players bannan would excel at his limited skill that he has

Agree. The midfield players are generally a weak group and individual non performers,  while occasionally Bannan shows he can at least pass a ball and sometimes it goes to a player in a good attacking position. But he is a one dimensional midfielder.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Pearson said Lansbury didnt touch the ball. It looked a clear and deliberate handball to me or did I miss something?

The radio suggested he definitely did handle it but it was pointless (and probably shouldn't have been a red) as it looked to be going over anyway...

For me, they played well first half and dropped off brizzle second half allowing them to put us under pressure.

However by then the game should have been well beyond them had we taken our chances.

Once again we fluff our lines when presented with it on a plate.

Can't wait to see the back of this dysfunctional squad.

• Like 2