• Pelupessy
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Bannan
    • Green
    • Rhodes
    • Katchunga

35 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m not a hater Big D but he is the captain, our best player, the fans’ favourite and he should be scoring from 12 yards in a must win game.  

He should also be dragging the whole lot of them up the pitch, as captain, for that last 15 when they got nervous.

He gets the praise he deserves, he should also take the stick.

End of for me.

Fair post. 

He should score from the spot, no doubt. Players like Messi, Ronaldo etc. miss penalties though, these things happen. When you are 1-0 up from 65 minutes still to play against 10 men who as a team don't particularly looked that bothered, certainly not threatening, a penalty miss should not define the result. 

The dragging up the pitch in the last 10 minutes I also agree with, but I've always said he isn't captain material. Trouble is, who do we have that is? Lees never looked comfortable in that role and nobody else in the side is someone who could be classed as either an inspirational leader, someone who leads by example or a good organiser of the team in a positional sense.

There was no lack of effort or creativity from Bannan today, who else was trying to make things happen? We are one-dimensional, even with 10 men it can't be that hard to defend against. Don't allow Bannan time and space to create, don't allow Reach to get space to cross and who else will we turn to? 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

He is the best of a bad bunch Bannan, but he’s cost us 3 points today with that sh*t penalty 

* 2 points. 😕

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Id be on a ban now if I’d put what I wanted to

Still don't get the obsession with Bannan though. He's decent, but achingly average.

There's a reason why his club career is going down the toilet and he can't get a game for Scotland.

Support him all you want, I'd rather support Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Once the second goal failed to arrive we all knew what was coming. We’ve seen it happen time and again this season and plenty of times in the three seasons prior.

Mentally this team is shot and has been since we lost to Huddersfield in the PO semi-final 4 years ago.

Nobody in charge either of the team or in the boardroom have grasped that fact and just let things meander along and slowly unravel until we find ourselves where we are today, staring at a third stint in League 1 in 18 years.

I don’t see us building anything sustainable from the wreckage of this current squad. It needs to be disbanded as quickly as possible. As I’ve said before the likes of Palmer and Paterson will have options to leave and I’m sure others will.

I like Moore, I think he’s the right man for the rebuild and I see us going down a completely different path under his leadership. Attractive and attacking football with a young, vibrant and hungry team will be the way forward under him but I don’t see many if any of the current youngsters that are in this first team squad being a part of this. The likes of Hunt need to move on, he in particular has been badly managed this season and after looking a real prospect towards the end of last season, he finds himself further back from that now?

People will laugh but I would keep Hutchinson and make him captain and let him lead a young team to hopefully better days?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

Still don't get the obsession with Bannan though. He's decent, but achingly average.

There's a reason why his club career is going down the toilet and he can't get a game for Scotland.

Support him all you want, I'd rather support Sheffield Wednesday.

No obsession mate, I just can’t read the garbage that ‘fans’ post about him without defending him.

He’s our best player and the very least of our problems but you lot blame him for just about everything.

its f**king ridiculous

lol

Just now, BIG D said:

No obsession mate, I just can’t read the garbage that ‘fans’ post about him without defending him.

He’s our best player and the very least of our problems but you lot blame him for just about everything.

its f**king ridiculous

lol

You lot?

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No obsession mate, I just can’t read the garbage that ‘fans’ post about Farage  without defending him.

He’s our best player and the very least of our problems but you lot blame Boris for just about everything.

its f**king ridiculous

lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Once the second goal failed to arrive we all knew what was coming. We’ve seen it happen time and again this season and plenty of times in the three seasons prior.

Mentally this team is shot and has been since we lost to Huddersfield in the PO semi-final 4 years ago.

Nobody in charge either of the team or in the boardroom have grasped that fact and just let things meander along and slowly unravel until we find ourselves where we are today, staring at a third stint in League 1 in 18 years.

I don’t see us building anything sustainable from the wreckage of this current squad. It needs to be disbanded as quickly as possible. As I’ve said before the likes of Palmer and Paterson will have options to leave and I’m sure others will.

I like Moore, I think he’s the right man for the rebuild and I see us going down a completely different path under his leadership. Attractive and attacking football with a young, vibrant and hungry team will be the way forward under him but I don’t see many if any of the current youngsters that are in this first team squad being a part of this. The likes of Hunt need to move on, he in particular has been badly managed this season and after looking a real prospect towards the end of last season, he finds himself further back from that now?

People will laugh but I would keep Hutchinson and make him captain and let him lead a young team to hopefully better days?

Hutch is absolute dogger. 

• Like 1

Obviously a penalty miss from the captain and failing to score a second goal from over 20 shots is grim reading and the inevitability of the goal and the complete lack of surprise by anyone that 10men equalised against us sum things up for this season. We have been utter dog poo. 
The debate about Bannan is a bit of a nice diversion but in a way distracts from the debate about our overall fragility. 
Why can’t we hold on? Why can’t we get back into games? There are loads of teams with crap players in this league. But their mindset seems to get them through enough games. We just don’t have it in us. 
I like Bannan. He’s a good Chapionship player. But if you think he’s great or crap he’s not responsible for the whole team! There are 11blokes out there and collectively they have failed. 
L1. Here we come. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair post. 

He should score from the spot, no doubt. Players like Messi, Ronaldo etc. miss penalties though, these things happen. When you are 1-0 up from 65 minutes still to play against 10 men who as a team don't particularly looked that bothered, certainly not threatening, a penalty miss should not define the result. 

The dragging up the pitch in the last 10 minutes I also agree with, but I've always said he isn't captain material. Trouble is, who do we have that is? Lees never looked comfortable in that role and nobody else in the side is someone who could be classed as either an inspirational leader, someone who leads by example or a good organiser of the team in a positional sense.

There was no lack of effort or creativity from Bannan today, who else was trying to make things happen? We are one-dimensional, even with 10 men it can't be that hard to defend against. Don't allow Bannan time and space to create, don't allow Reach to get space to cross and who else will we turn to? 

We haven’t got a captain.  We haven’t got any leaders.  

The lad Flint from Cardiff, I’m pretty sure was brought in for that very reason.

He got injured.