What's been the worst aspect of this season for you?

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Worst aspect of the season, that DC's decision making has seen the club fall apart for so long with seemingly only darker days to follow. The disconnect with the fans is probably the most damaging thing long-term with so many losing interest and being let down on so many levels. Arguably the poorest run club in the EFL.

Absolutely.We have become a ' Chicken S**t Football Club ' under DC.

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

Not being able to go should be everyone’s answer, even the people who don’t go, if you’re a football fan then that’s the answer.

I love these I'm a better fan than you posts...actually NOT being able to go has been a blessing because I don't think I could stomach watching these lot go through the motions at the ground

• Like 3

Guest T Hardy
45 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You're not joking this time are you ?

Now you are talking Horsehìt....

Manchester-United-Ron-Atk-004.jpg.68cdfcdaefc1dc68f24d5c804f133a24.jpg 

Yep I am. His record speaks for itself when he’s given time and resources, he wasn’t here 

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Not sure why your getting hung up on one persons honest reflection,like i said before the  Q  was asked,i responded with how i feel.....You think different FINE....Seems a few agree with me,many others probably wont..

Seems one person agrees with you. I am merely debating the answers in the thread, or are we just here to read and not give an opinion on what others think?

Never said you don't have a right to your opinion but in a season in which we have had a points deduction, 4 managers, one of which produced some of the worst football I have seen in a long time, players played out of position constantly, regular defeats, performances in which we don't look like getting a result game after game, throwing more points away than ever before, defeated as soon as we go behind, which is very often, players not being paid on time, fans waiting months for ticket refunds, undersoil heating not working leading to a game being called off, not signing players in the key positions that every fan knew we needed - in 2 transfer windows, accounts being filed many months late, owner calling some fans customers for wanting money back in reasonable time, boxing promoter stating he had become a shareholder online then calling out the club on social media, signing players who had not recovered from serious injury, pinning our hopes in January on 2 signings - one of which the club had binned off 6 months earlier and one who had not played for anyone for 6 months -

the list is endless but you think the 2nd worst aspect of this sorry season is that some fans like some of our players. As you say, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

The players giving up months ago. The odd times when we’ve had a chance to grab onto the coat tails of those above us, we’ve thrown it away. The lack of grit and fight on the pitch. The dropping of heads and lack of leaders. The perfect storm overseen by an incompetent stubborn owner. Another relegation. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I love these I'm a better fan than you posts...actually NOT being able to go has been a blessing because I don't think I could stomach watching these lot go through the motions at the ground

If that’s how you take it then that’s up to you.

On 20/03/2021 at 08:20, Buck Rogers said:

The lack of tempo. Goal scoring opportunities.

People watch football to be entertained and to get on the edge of your seat.

Nobody goes to the pub after the match and says stuff like 'i loved the way we stayed camped in our own half' or 'can you remember when they passed it around the back a few times then hoofed it aimlessy up field?

"I love watching a bunch of idiots having a kickabout for 90 minutes and not really doing much of anything," said no football fan ever.

The points deduction brought on by the incompetence of Chansiri and knowing that it would not have been impossible to stay in this division even with -6 points. If we do go down I hope that the margin is within the -6 points. I am pretty sure that would make Chansiri 100% responsible for our demise, it wont make a difference to the thick skinned twaat but he wont be able to escape it.

For me the worse thing about this season has been How embarising the chairman consistently has been.

A few times this season we got a bit of positive momentum going, each time DC has open his mouth and sent us all crashing back too earth.

I am sick of him ranting at managers, fans, players, EFL anyone he wants then weeks later using the language barrier as an excuse. Footballers were using that 'I was misquoted' excuse back in the 90's and no one believed them either.

I just hope he sells up to someone who wants to run a football club not a vanity project for the chairman.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 19:08, T Hardy said:

Really?

If he was given the chance to bring in who he wanted in January, I think we’d have done better this season

I'd agree, but it seemed like the dressing room was against him. Although to be fair, it was right around the time players hadn't been paid, so it's tough to tell. 

It would not be a surprise if some players in the squad have Chansiri's ear, and played a role in the ultimate sacking. Chansiri did mention something about Pulis disrespecting the team... 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, bobness said:

I'd agree, but it seemed like the dressing room was against him. Although to be fair, it was right around the time players hadn't been paid, so it's tough to tell. 

It would not be a surprise if some players in the squad have Chansiri's ear, and played a role in the ultimate sacking. Chansiri did mention something about Pulis disrespecting the team... 

Aye - I guess we’ll never know. I think Chansiri twisted it greatly, but apparently Pulis said to Chansiri that he basically needed a new squad to be successful here. I totally believe that if Pulis’ brief was to get us promoted, and he’ll have been very honest with Chansiri about that. I mean realistically, who do we have who is good enough to lead a promotion charge, another than Bannan? I wouldn’t say anyone else. Westwood is too injury prone now. 

Ignoring our completely incompetent and arrogant chairman for the moment. 

For the first ever no matter how bad we've been through the years, being ashamed when admitting I'm a wednesday fan when I've Been on site. At least it's given a few people a goggle. 

The fact that THIS team and captain Bazza will always be remembered as the WORST Wednesday team in our history. No matter how bad we've been, no other side has let Toy-Town do the double over us... No wonder we're getting relagated. 

Main thing I've missed is a berez hot pork sarnie at weekend home games becouse I'm stuck over here in west Yorkshire. 

9 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Aye - I guess we’ll never know. I think Chansiri twisted it greatly, but apparently Pulis said to Chansiri that he basically needed a new squad to be successful here. I totally believe that if Pulis’ brief was to get us promoted, and he’ll have been very honest with Chansiri about that. I mean realistically, who do we have who is good enough to lead a promotion charge, another than Bannan? I wouldn’t say anyone else. Westwood is too injury prone now. 

I said at the time it wouldn't work. 

We just didn't have the players for one tactic pullis to get results. The diminutive bazza in cm and reach mincing about. Even if he had have survived to January we'd have needed 6/7 bodies in capeble of playing Pulis ball and wouldn't be realistic to get them to gel quick enough. 

10 hours ago, T Hardy said:

If Bannan wasn’t good enough to lead a promotion charge 5 years ago then he certainly isn’t now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, T Hardy said:

I think Pulis would have been good for us 10-15 years ago providing he was given time and a few resources.

But think he style of football and man management have gone out of fashion.

Experienced manager like Warnock and Mick McCarthy seem to have moved more with the times than Pulis has.

I wonder what sort of pay off Pulis got out of Wednesday.

On 19/03/2021 at 10:57, @owlstalk said:

What's the worst aspect of this season for you?

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

What's been the worst parts of this season for you personally?

Probably the realisation of the extent of DC's lack of competance! I think we all suspected it at least 3 seasons ago.

Not being able to go has been light relief IMO