What's been the worst aspect of this season for you?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's the worst aspect of this season for you?

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

What's been the worst parts of this season for you personally?

Not signing a striker who we could play off as a focal point in the summer was the biggest disappointment. We lost 2 players effective in the role, which is key to how we play and got nobody to replace them.

There have been many many disappointments along the way since then, baffling formations, substitutions, too much going on off the pitch, backing managers, sacking managers, not appointing a manager etc but whoever is in charge will struggle because the squad is sorely lacking key components.

Without a focal point up top we lose possession easily, are easy to play against so get forced back, have no out ball, nobody to play off forward so are stuck in our own half and can't make enough impact in the final 3rd with the little possession we do have, aren't enough of a threat on set pieces, struggle to defend set pieces against us and don't have a presence to pick out in the penalty area from open play.  

The Norwich game was a prime example, we played decent first half but they adjusted slightly and forced us back second half and we don't have a release, we can't hold the ball up field and it just comes back at us until we collapse, the second half stats tell their own story, we can't get out when forced on the back foot. Even in the past when Nuhiu was brought on with the sole intention of defending a lead he could hold the ball up a bit and get us further up the pitch just by being a nuisance. We don't have anything like that and it shows. Yes, most of the players could look at themselves and struggle to say they have been on it consistently but we simply don't have the tools to be effective.  

I think what riles me a bit is knowing some of these players are getting away with lightly.

They turn up, have a kick about and go home.

Next season they will be at different clubs and being at Wednesday this season would have been the easiest part of there career.

There's no fans there to pressure them (or get behind them) obviously it can bring a toxic atmosphere to games BUT

players like Reach, Palmer etc v Huddersfield I wonder how they would perform with Hillsborough half full.

We can't protest against the chairman, or as fans do our bit to lift the club.

It's like watching a really cr@p soap opera unravel.

The only bonus is I can say I never watched a Pulis team live at Hillsborough.

Edited by Bluewings
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

To think we've spent how many millions and we are going through the League One trapdoor with barely even a whimper. 

Even the teams of the 00s (who got relegated) showed a bit of fight and character. 

This lot are completely devoid of any of that. 

I don't know whether it is time that has dulled the pain for you but I don't remember much fight in Alan Irvine's team that went down as a result of winning 2 of the last 16 matches and none of the last 7. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't know whether it is time that has dulled the pain for you but I don't remember much fight in Alan Irvine's team that went down as a result of winning 2 of the last 16 matches and none of the last 7. 

To be fair to them. They took it to the final day. And I reckon we would have stopped up if that pleb Clarke didn’t break his toe celebrating.

This lot won’t take it to the final day. I’m sure of it. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair to them. They took it to the final day. And I reckon we would have stopped up if that pleb Clarke didn’t break his toe celebrating.

This lot won’t take it to the final day. I’m sure of it. 

The only reason it went to the final day is because Palace got a points deduction and we won one of our last 12. We fell into the mire rather than fought to get out.  

I'm not offering that in  any defence of the current team and agree it is unlikely to go down to the final day but we didn't go down fighting that season (apart from the loons on the pitch after the final whistle). 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I still remember them trying to hang on for a point at Cardiff in the penultimate game that would have been entirely useless. We'd have needed to beat Palace regardless. But as it happens, we still lost anyway. 

Even in League One, Irvine seemed to be terrified of the opponents every game.

• Like 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I still remember them trying to hang on for a point at Cardiff in the penultimate game that would have been entirely useless. We'd have needed to beat Palace regardless. But as it happens, we still lost anyway. 

Even in League One, Irvine seemed to be terrified of the opponents every game.

When we beat Blackpool in mid-February we were 19th - getting relegated with 2 wins from that point onwards doesn't represent a great fight put up! 

Just now, parajack said:

(1)The Players

(2) Fans who STILL idolize them.....

The 2nd worst aspect of this season and significant enough for you to mention is some of our own fans?!

I don't know anyone who still idolises any of our players but even so, at least they are showing some sort of blind faith in the team. There has to be dozens of things you could pick out rather than a small minority of supporters backing some of the players surely? .

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's the worst aspect of this season for you?

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

What's been the worst parts of this season for you personally?

All of the above except not being able to go. I think I would feel a lot worse if I had gone to every home game, atmosphere would be toxic and rightly so in many ways.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The 2nd worst aspect of this season and significant enough for you to mention is some of our own fans?!

I don't know anyone who still idolises any of our players but even so, at least they are showing some sort of blind faith in the team. There has to be dozens of things you could pick out rather than a small minority of supporters backing some of the players surely? .

Q was asked,ive answered it.....you put your answer down as you see it....

Guest T Hardy

The fans. For getting onto the players after no time at all, criticising our managers and insulting our owner. It’s been a disgrace. If we showed a bit more togetherness, I’ve no doubt we’d have stayed up and pushed for the playoffs, but the fans had to divide us

personally not being able to go ......playing  wise ,where do you start ?i'll go for.having 4 managers in one season is a recipe for disaster...........club wise having an owner who struggles to grasp on how to run a succesful  football club ..........its been fecking terrible 

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

The slow realisation that the Chairman will never change his ways - and theres absolutely nothing we can do about it.

The club is slowly dying under his leadership - and all we can do is watch

You can not pay to watch it,many have said similar....