What's been the worst aspect of this season for you?

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The 2nd worst aspect of this season and significant enough for you to mention is some of our own fans?!

I don't know anyone who still idolises any of our players but even so, at least they are showing some sort of blind faith in the team. There has to be dozens of things you could pick out rather than a small minority of supporters backing some of the players surely? .

I see loads of people on here who still idolise some of the players.

In particular Hutchinson and Westwood. 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I still remember them trying to hang on for a point at Cardiff in the penultimate game that would have been entirely useless. We'd have needed to beat Palace regardless. But as it happens, we still lost anyway. 

Even in League One, Irvine seemed to be terrified of the opponents every game.

Strange one with Irvine because he’s considered one of the best coaches in the game. 

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I see loads of people on here who still idolise some of the players.

In particular Hutchinson and Westwood. 

Idolise?

That's different from liking them as players and wanting them in the team right?

Westwood has done better than the other 2 keepers this season, Hutchinson has been poor in midfield but decent at the back. 

People can point stuff like that out without idolising them. Not sure I have seen much idolising. 

Even if that was the case, seems a bit of a stretch to list it as the 2nd worst thing about this season don't you think? 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Idolise?

That's different from liking them as players and wanting them in the team right?

Westwood has done better than the other 2 keepers this season, Hutchinson has been poor in midfield but decent at the back. 

People can point stuff like that out without idolising them. Not sure I have seen much idolising. 

Even if that was the case, seems a bit of a stretch to list it as the 2nd worst thing about this season don't you think? 

I would definitely use the word idolise.

Twitter was cringeworthy when Hutchinson resigned "Back to the Club He Loves"

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's the worst aspect of this season for you?

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

What's been the worst parts of this season for you personally?

Lack of any signing's in January, especially forwards.

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

Knowing that our club had been slowly coming undone, but was now accelerating into deeper and deeper chaos, with no one wanting the responsibility to accept the mess we were in never mind contemplate putting it right. Knowing that our owner did not understand that with a 12 point deduction, we needed everything else in place, but then messing around getting nothing in place ready for the transfer window, then getting no fullbacks, no strikers and only one player that matched Monks description of being fairly young, hungry and determined to succeed, we lumbered ourselves instead with more and more older crocked players and then sacked our manager when the number of injured defenders and defensive midfielders was so high that it started to affect results. It was Carlos all over again for me. The manager wanting one thing the owner delivering the polar opposite. It will never matter whether or not the fans, the players, the coaches are all pulling in the same direction, if the man who spends all the club's money is pulling in a different direction. The first two seasons under Chansiri were only as good as they were because he had not been had long enough to break everything back. Unfortunately, now he almost has.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would definitely use the word idolise.

Twitter was cringeworthy when Hutchinson resigned "Back to the Club He Loves"

Your previous post said on here not Twitter.

Still, 2nd worst thing to happen to the club this season? 

Every morning I wake up=about 15:30 in Sheffield-navigate to Owlstalk, and do not find the wished for thread, already on page 177, that reports that Mr. Chansiri has left the club to immediate effect. 

it’s the hope that kills you.

• Like 1

“Customers”.

Never before has the veil slipped - or rather, been torn off - so obviously about how a football club regards its supporters. 

That wasn’t a misinterpretation or a misquote. It was a revealing look into the way Chansiri expects nothing of any of us other than to shut up and endlessly funnel our money into his project, whatever he asks or does and without questioning any of it. 

That moment of an already insane, childish rant took my increasing lack of patience or interest in Chansiri FC and shattered it into the ground. We could win the Champions League and his version of Sheffield Wednesday will never quite feel the same to me as a result.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Andy W

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

It not been over yet...but when it is dreading the next one

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

The slow realisation that the Chairman will never change his ways - and theres absolutely nothing we can do about it.

The club is slowly dying under his leadership - and all we can do is watch

This ^^^

Relegations happen, performances on the pitch look hopeless sometimes, plenty of clubs lose money, everyone is affected by Covid... but the lack of faith in Chansiri’s running of the club is the unique and overriding misery of supporting Wednesday these days. 

Not that it’s come as a sudden shock this season. But the ineptitude on display, and the feeling of utter helplessness at watching it develop, both seem to have escalated in the last 12 months

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

“Customers”.

Never before has the veil slipped - or rather, been torn off - so obviously about how a football club regards its supporters. 

That wasn’t a misinterpretation or a misquote. It was a revealing look into the way Chansiri expects nothing of any of us other than to shut up and endlessly funnel our money into his project, whatever he asks or does and without questioning any of it. 

That moment of an already insane, childish rant took my increasing lack of patience or interest in Chansiri FC and shattered it into the ground. We could win the Champions League and his version of Sheffield Wednesday will never quite feel the same to me as a result.

I am never sure why being called customer winds some fans up so much.
I would prefer to be called a supporter but think I would prefer being treated as a customer.
Customers are valued at every other business.

Chansiri clearly doesn't understand ordinary football supporters from Sheffield though.

Think he is genuinely surprised so many people wanted a refund and is baffled that the 1867 Membership type schemes were such a flop.

4 hours ago, striker said:

Slowness to react on any level, recruitment, manager, on the pitch. 

The club feels neglected and everyone just going through the motions. 

DC's MO from the start and throughout his tenure (with the exception of sacking Pulis).

There's an alleged account of how DC handled the recommendation of Dan Petrescu as manager (shortly after DC bought the club). DC sat on his hands for ages, and the people involved got fed up. 

I'm not suggesting that Petrescu was a sound recommendation, but considering all the other decisions DC has made since then, I doubt the decision not to hire Petrescu was a calculated one... 

Edited by bobness
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would prefer to be called a supporter but think I would prefer being treated as a customer.

Because it’s only a one way avenue. 

Customers are valued at every other business because if they’re not, then people go elsewhere. Football wants people to spend their money like a customer but also rely on their emotional investment to carry on doing regardless of the quality of the product.

The product that Chansiri is serving up right now is absolutely f*cking dreadful, but he wants his cake to eat and he wants to have it both ways. Not only is his product not worth buying, but he’s prepared to blame you or call you into question if you don’t buy it and fund it anyway. 

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Chansiri clearly doesn't understand ordinary football supporters from Sheffield though.

Think he is genuinely surprised so many people wanted a refund and is baffled that the 1867 Membership type schemes were such a flop.

Not got a problem with being called a customer. But it does show the chairman doesn’t value us very highly. 

Fine by me. As a customer I will treat the club as such. He wants our loyalty and money, he’ll be back to calling us supporters when season tickets go on sale. But as customers I imagine a lot of us will not be willing to buy. 

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not being able to go.

Yes Wednesday are a shambles but miss meeting people for a drink and putting the world to rights.

yer agree ,also a good way of letting steam off , heard the culture sec minister earlier and he said some crowds mid may 20% but vaccinated ,neg test, masked up . euros same but with a higher attendance figure .. how many of us want to attend football in august with a bloody mask on ? im out if thats the case . im jabbed up already but not prepared to go though certain things to attend . it will kill football and lots of other things like cinema ,shows ,clubs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

the opening day until now

The fact that we didn't but a striker and a left back as soon as fox and fletcher left. 

Absolute ineptitude. 

Really isn't a surprise we've barely scored any goals. 

This summer we will probably let Westwood go and then not sign a new keeper either.