What's been the worst aspect of this season for you?

Not going is number 1. Haven’t seen my Dad for 7 months or 2 of my Nephews for 14 months. That is COVID not just football not being on but football is the linchpin for family get togethers. 

Number 2 is signings. I honestly think two players (Striker/ left back) and we stay up. 

• Like 1

The shambles from the chairman is the worst part for me.

Very closely followed by the players. We hear all the time about how players just crack on with it and not let off the field stuff affect them.

Whatever it is that's affecting them, it's ridiculous. Barely any fight, mistake after mistake, no desire whatsoever.

How hard would it be for the senior players like Bannan, Lees, Reach and even Palmer to rally around the rest of them? 

Off the field is one massive problem but on the pitch it's been the most gutless team i've watched in years.

Feel let down by every single one of them. No pride in the shirt or their own professional responsibility. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What's the worst aspect of this season for you?

Not being able to go?
The points deduction?
The lack of signings?
Change of manager?

What's been the worst parts of this season for you personally?

not being able to go a god send really haha

worst part will be relegation but Pulis getting the job was a kick in the teeth

cheers

Worst thing for me is watching a bunch of players with no professional pride , no fight , no determination , no care for the club ,no fitness ,little talent , no leadership and very little thought for us poor souls who remain emotionally attached to a club that , with few exceptions , couldnt give a damn.

[ and having mates who support Barnsley ! ]

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Grandad

The slow realisation that the Chairman will never change his ways - and theres absolutely nothing we can do about it.

The club is slowly dying under his leadership - and all we can do is watch

So many things, the point deduction, the lack of addressing the striker situation, still being in the bottom 3 even without a point deduction, the players performing so badly, them having no pride, no will to win, even doing the simple things for them seems impossible, the run we are currently on, 1 point from 27. Late accounts again. Chansiri still being here. It honestly has been one of the worse seasons in memory. Embarrassing at every level. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2

That we’ve not just been a poor team on the pitch. It’s all the drama off it that’s come with this season! We’ve finally become that calamity club that I always dreaded. 

Edited by 0114

Tough one, lot of good points above.

For me, it was when he sacked Pulis.  Yes the football had been crap (very, very crap under him!), but its been that way under 4 managers this season so there is a pattern formed.  Pulis said early on we needed to bring people in to have any chance of staying up, and we all presumed he'd taken the job on with that being agreed.  Once we'd made the appointment, backing Pulis with 3/4 proper signings was our last chance saloon.  But then as soon as he was punted, you just knew that meant we weren't bringing players in and we'd proceed on our zombie walk into League 1. 

• Like 1

The complete lack of any sign of a mid to long term strategy ie

* Appointing a manager (not coach) or coach & DOF and giving them at least three years to move us in the right direction.

* Lack of forethought in signing up the younger, more promising  players already at the club to longer term contracts.

* Bringing in younger players instead of journeymen

And for it all to end in us going down to league one again is a disgrace, an embarrassment. I don’t know how anyone can be okay with us being in league one again. I really do hate Chansiri for what he has/is doing to our club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 3