The Own Goal

Wasnt a lot he could do, if he leaves it it gets swept home anyhow, his momentum  is fast and hes under the sticks,when lucks not on your side.................

Anyone that thinks this bloke was an improvement on big Adthe Nuhiu should get a drug habit if they dont already have one, hes a huge downgrade,just replay Adthes hatrick against Preston and try and convince me.

If Nuhiu was still here we would have scored more goals and be in with a fighting chance of survival.

Paterson wont hit double figures in leagues 1 or 2

• Like 4

Out of the ,was it , 15 players used tonight , none of them come out of this with any credit  so I don’t see any point in picking on one or two players . They should all be looking in the mirror . But of course it will be no better at the weekend . 

They know we’re down . Moore knows we’re down . You and I all know we’re down . It just hurts us all more than it hurts them 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's like he's playing Rocket League, that little hop he does around the 6 yard means by the time he lands he can't turn himself from just running straight into the chuffing ball. All his momentum is heading straight at the goal, and no way a bloke of his lumbering frame is going to be able to create an angle.

Funny.

Guest Therealrealist

Shaw and Westwood to blame...the udders guy made contact with the ball 4 yards out...why didn’t Westwood come off his line and collect? Looks like he wer superglued to his line...udders player was possibly 3 yards out when he connected...that his 5he keepers domain...shaws crap n all

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

good save by westwood shame he didnt come and claim the free kick .....a ball just floated into the 6 yard box as got to be his .

Absolutely this. 

Westwood should have come & claimed the ball in before their man got a foot to it.

• Like 1

Thinking back to Nuhiu and the way he shielded the ball and held off his opponents..then i look at Paterson, what the hell is he ?..he aint a footballer thats for sure, cant hold the ball, no pace..just an awful player, even in all our dark days in the old 3rd division i cant think of one player worse than him...just garbage.

• Like 1

Think the slating of one of our players that actually gives his all is unjustified.

He was the only one who ran back to the goal to try to defend any loose ball. He lashed out with his foot to try to stop it going to their player behind him and unfortunately took a bad touch.

If they all gave as much of a throw, like him, we wouldn't be in the position we're in!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Shaw and Westwood to blame...the udders guy made contact with the ball 4 yards out...why didn’t Westwood come off his line and collect? Looks like he wer superglued to his line...udders player was possibly 3 yards out when he connected...that his 5he keepers domain...shaws crap n all

I actually think it was looping in to high for Westwood to make the attempt to catch. If Shaw stays tight to his man I don’t think he makes contact with the ball. To be fair it was a lovely ball in. Right over the defenders and dropping fast right into the danger area. It was pretty hard to defend against IMO. 

• Like 1

He scored the own goal because he was there and tracking his man.  If he doesn't touch the ball then the Huddersfield player puts it in.

Not his fault, and you can see he's dejected.  The fault lies with  Shaw.

• Like 1