The Own Goal

18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Your hatred of Westwood is obvious, its the main thing you post about. Don't worry we have got the 2 understudies signed up long-term and they will get their chance to prove neither of them are good enough again long-term next season. 

If Shaw tracks his man and stays goal side it would be defended properly. 

I Don’t hate him. I just don’t understand the constant excuses for him which has again been proved by this goal conceded. He dives across and gets a good hand to it and admittedly does well to do that, however the reason he had to dive was that he was miles out of position and could have dealt with it sooner. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Edvardo said:

I'm all for slating players when it's due but he's far from the problem in that set piece. Westwood makes a cracking save and it just comes to him. There's no chance to react. Maybe point the finger at those that let Sarr, the biggest rascal in their team, ghost in at the back to put us under that pressure.

Maybe a different take but for me keeper should have come for that.  Punt like that that basically lands in 6 yard box should be keepers all day long

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I Don’t hate him. I just don’t understand the constant excuses for him which has again been proved by this goal conceded. He dives across and gets a good hand to it and admittedly does well to do that, however the reason he had to dive was that he was miles out of position and could have dealt with it sooner. 

Should have come out to deal with ball in

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Criticise westwood and all you'll get off his fan club is hes better than the other two . .  He may well be but that shouldn't excuse him from copping some when he does screw up .there was time when he could go a season and you could count his errors on one hand of 3 fingered pete sadly those days have gone .

• Like 1

The thing that winds me up the most about Westwood is his kicking.

He slows the game down as though we’re 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go from the first minute and even then most aren’t that good.

He reminds me of those referees that want to be star attraction.

Proper winds me up!

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Main issue was lack of marking

Yes marking was lax, the ball was over the top, almost straight and Into the six yard area, the area that the goalkeeper should be commanding. Nine times out of ten the goalkeeper strides forward and snuffs those out all day long. Wasn't assertive enough for me. Very similar to something Dawson or Wildsmith would be getting panned for on here. 

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

“Watch the video” Where do you think I got the stills from? Floated in cross that’s travelled 35 yards and Sarr made contact with the ball pretty much where KW was stood when it was taken, all he had to do was take one step forward and either catch it or punch it clear.

Instead he went and stood on his line next to the post. If Wildsmith did that everyone would be banging on about how KW dominates his area much better and organises the defence better.

plus, it would have been a foul on the G/K if he lost the ball.

If it had been either Dawson or Wildsmith the pages would have been in melt down.

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

You are discounting the trajectory of the ball, direction its travelled and the momentum towards the goal that the attackers have when going for it. Not to mention the amount of bodies in the way. 

A keeper comes out there and there's a high percentage the attacker is getting there first. 

The problem came from Shaw being miles away from his man, that just shouldn't have happened. 

9 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

What do you think the reaction would have been on here if either Dawson or Wildsmith had been in goal and the exact same thing had happened?

The reaction should be why has Shaw initially moved to go out of the penalty area when the ball comes in, leaving his man completely unmarked and why has Paterson tried and failed to get out of the way of the ball rather than attempting a clearance with his left foot. 

Don't worry, Westwood won't be here next season and we can go back to Dawson playing well for a couple of games then conceding 2's, 3's and 4's on a regular basis before being replaced by Wildsmith to do the same. 

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You are discounting the trajectory of the ball, direction its travelled and the momentum towards the goal that the attackers have when going for it. Not to mention the amount of bodies in the way. 

A keeper comes out there and there's a high percentage the attacker is getting there first. 

The problem came from Shaw being miles away from his man, that just shouldn't have happened. 

The balls travelled 40 yards. By the time Their player managed to Jump and make contact with the ball he was 5 yards away from goal and about 1ft away from Westwood’s original starting position. 

The only person discounting the trajectory and travel of the ball was Westwood as he got it horribly wrong, he ended up stuck on his line hugging the goalpost. 

21 hours ago, torryowl said:

good save by westwood shame he didnt come and claim the free kick .....a ball just floated into the 6 yard box as got to be his .

I love you torry!........Springett would have caught it, but Westwood could and should have punched it out, the great save afterwards was unnecessary.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

Criticise westwood and all you'll get off his fan club is hes better than the other two .

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't worry, Westwood won't be here next season and we can go back to Dawson playing well for a couple of games then conceding 2's, 3's and 4's on a regular basis before being replaced by Wildsmith to do the same. 

i rest my case ....

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

i rest my case ....

judge, jury and executioner. 

He might have been able to come out for it, it was a good ball in at a low height, not one he would claim outright. The main fault is with our midfielder who runs the other way as soon as the ball is kicked and leaves his man unmarked.