The Own Goal

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

DA580DFD-3BB2-4A55-8507-817455740EB2.jpeg.7f529a4f3e3d4a92755f89abe2302257.jpeg

How he’s got from that starting position to this?

1A775896-E6B6-45A5-8325-A8504E3058C1.jpeg.0cbea10505a554e5aee583bbf450d564.jpeg

He had roughly a second to react. You could just as sensibly blame Westwood for palming it into his path. There's plenty of negatives to take from this game. This isn't one of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kind of ironic eh, can't hit a barn door in the net that matters then does that in our own net.

You just have to laugh really at this stage otherwise it will eat away at you. Most of accepted relegation after the Rotherham game.

I see Windass smashing a shot into one of our own players again - also very funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

If anybody is blaming Paterson for that goal then I’m sorry you don’t understand football. Absolutely nothing he could do about that.

I'm afraid it's not the people who are blaming Paterson for that goal that doesn't understand football.

Just clear the ball. He has plenty of time to do it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Edvardo said:

He had roughly a second to react. You could just as sensibly blame Westwood for palming it into his path. There's plenty of negatives to take from this game. This isn't one of them

I don't think you could blame Westwood in a million years, it was a reaction save and an incredible one at that

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Edvardo said:

He’s covered more ground than the ball in the time from it leaving Westwood’s hand. Westwood also did his best considering the lack of pace on the ball.

He had plenty of time to realise going with his left was the better option. Or even the suicidal move of slowing down and letting it come across his body.

His actual body position when he makes contact with the ball is playground stuff, it’s embarrassing for a professional footballer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Edvardo said:

Blame Westwood?

Are your lamps working?

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

I don't think you could blame Westwood in a million years, it was a reaction save and an incredible one at that

Thought initially that Westwood should have claimed it in the air, but the trajectory was low. Poor marking.