The Own Goal

14 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Sorry, but that goal is Liam Shaw's fault for me. Totally leaves his man

Yes correct. Shaw got the wrong side. He was not even close enough to the player to make it difficult. Westwood made the save at nearly point blank range. Patterson does not have the agility to change direction and swing his left foot to clear the ball. 

The goal emphasised Shaw's inexperience and Pattersons lack of balance and ability. 

If we can't beat teams like Huddersfield playing like they did we don't stand a chance of stopping up

7 minutes ago, Edvardo said:

Aye, that's my point!

Sorry but I have to blame Westwood.

I have only seen it once but.

The ball is FLOATED onto the edge of the 6 yard box and Westwood is rooted to the goal line, it was / should have been his ball all day long, that great save should never have happened.

If that was Wildsmith or Dawson people would have been straight in there with the knives about how Westwood would have commanded his area.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Kind of ironic eh, can't hit a barn door in the net that matters then does that in our own net.

You just have to laugh really at this stage otherwise it will eat away at you. Most of accepted relegation after the Rotherham game.

I see Windass smashing a shot into one of our own players again - also very funny.

Seems to be our party trick this season - with the added entertainment of nailing the ref tonight! 🤣

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

He wasn’t prepared to be anywhere near the ball. He thought his job was to be in the defensive line to make up the numbers. He panicked when the ball came to him. Been happening to all of them all season 

Better question is why is he the only one near the ball?

The ball was going in the net with or without Paterson's own goal on that one.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

If anybody is blaming Paterson for that goal then I’m sorry you don’t understand football. Absolutely nothing he could do about that.

Funny thing is, he can't do much about goals that he scores for us too, they are all by accident.

17 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Better question is why is he the only one near the ball?

The ball was going in the net with or without Paterson's own goal on that one.

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Not at fault for me, nobody went with the runner

This.... If Paterson hadn't got there their player would have had a tap in while about 5 of our players just stood and watched.