Owls boss on who will be SWFC goalkeeper moving forward

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd try and sell Wildsmith and Dawson over the summer and then use the wages saved to get a new keeper and have Jackson and Render? as backup.

If we couldn't find another keeper sign Westwood up for another season from the wages saved by selling Wildsmith and Dawson. Not sure he would play in League One though.

Good idea...we can sell them as championship keepers hopefully, I don't think the youngsters will be much worse.

• Like 1

We need a new number 1 in the summer, someone who can be in that position for years to come.

Wildsmith just isn't good enough.

Dawson...there were times where he looked to be getting into the groove, but he's dropped far too many changers now and that Rotherham game was the end for him imo.

• Like 2

Alex palmer on loan at Lincoln this season from West Brom got 16 clean sheets this season last season was at Plymouth and got 15 

24 years old and should be known to Moore and his coaching staff you would think also played in England youth teams aswell

• Like 2

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A brand new goalkeeper walking through the front door would be a big lift to our squad

Yes and it should be one of our key priorities in my opinion. A top goalkeeper for the level you are playing at can have a huge difference.

Westwood was probably worth close to 10 points a season in our 2 playoff years.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I get the feeling we're going to go with Wildsmith and Dawson as the second choice

I'd keep Joe as a backup, he's not a #1 in my opinion. If Westward can prove his fitness, I would keep him. If he can't, then go out for a #1.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"The slate is wiped clean for everyone.

I’ve got be consistent with my message... Westy has been injured, but he’s back on the grass and he’s training. He’s going to be competing for that spot, he’s got plenty of experience and will be looking to be competing with Joe. He’s back on the grass and we’ll see how the days go.

The days are becoming shorter where Westwood will be competing for his position.

He has got a wonderful amount of experience.

Joe is in there and doing very well"

Correction...Joe isn't doing well.Makes vital mistakes in most games he plays.

Neither him or Dawson is up to the staNDARD REQUIRED

• Like 2

5 hours ago, teddybeararmy said:

Joe is doing very well !!! 

At picking the ⚽ out of the back of the net😂

I guess he’s got to back his players and I understand that but if he’s going to offer us rubbish like this I’d rather he didn’t comment!

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A brand new goalkeeper walking through the front door would be a big lift to our squad

I wish we just hired some steady performer, no need to be world class-like but someone who commands the spot like a real no. 1. Wildsmith and Dawson have had their chances many times and neither has proved that they should have the position and Westwood truly seems to be off. If we will be relegated, it's 100% sure we'll save his wages.

Got to be a new keeper then if Westwood goes. Neither Wildsmith or Dawson are good enough. Seems to be a case of when one's in the team the other mysteriously turns into Buffon on here, until he next gets a game and everyone remembers they're bobbar again. 

Get shut and bring in 2 new keepers. 

• Like 2

I don’t think our defence have confidence in either Wildsmith or Dawson to the same extent as they do in Westwood ( he commands his area much better than either of them )

but I sense that Westwood’s time here is nearly up - and his recent fitness record hasn’t done him any favours.