Owls boss on who will be SWFC goalkeeper moving forward

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Bang on

I'd go one step further though and would say that neither of the young keepers are good enough either in this division or the one below us

The thing is the mistakes they've been making, they'd make in the next division down. They wouldn't 'not happen' just because we're in the first division and not the championship. They're errors and it doesn't matter if it's Messi and Ronaldo shooting at goal, or Pat Pheonix from Coronation Street FC a shot is a shot, and their error is their error

So I'd replace both in the summer

Neil.  What’s going on ? We agree.  
It’s a love in lol  

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That definitely sounds to me like Westwood will be off in the summer

That’s fine so long as we replace him with a decent keeper.  Wildsmith and Dawson have certainly had the chance to stake their claim but failed miserably. 

• Like 1

Current with either Dawson or Wildsmith in goal we need to score 2 goals to have any chance of winning a game, both average over their owls careers more than 1 goal conceded per game.

This season we have score 2 goals or more 5 times and less than two goals 29 times.

Here lies the problem of Dawson or Wildsmith being our number 1 this season or seasons to come. They both need to massively improve their all round game or we need to start scoring a lot more goals.

What is cheaper in DC recruitment 101, one decent keeper to stop less goals being conceded or 2 new strikers and a few midfielders to create and score more goals.

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Its vital we get a keeper in who us used to playing out from the back. 

The whole gameplan goes out the window otherwise 

Playing out from the back is a folly..needs scrapping big time..there will be a load of goals conceded this weekend due to this nonsense😡😡

What about putting a cheeky offer to Man Utd for Lee Grant. Although just signed a new contract, according to reports feels like he can still do a good job having only played twice in the last two years. Resulted to holding up the subs board during the Newcastle game recently 

Believed he left on good terms and I am sure an agreement could be reached on wages 😉

• Like 1

westwood never mind the errors he's made since he came back into favour is obviously shot injury wise but  wildsmith and dawson havnt covered themselves in glory so looking for a decent keeper for free or season long loan  should be high on moore's or his successor's  agenda .

5 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

I wish we just hired some steady performer, no need to be world class-like but someone who commands the spot like a real no. 1. Wildsmith and Dawson have had their chances many times and neither has proved that they should have the position and Westwood truly seems to be off. If we will be relegated, it's 100% sure we'll save his wages.

We need some one like a Dave Lucas back in the day. 

Just a good, reliable pro. 

We've got the one time excellent Westwood, who is still a great organiser and capable keeper, but he's not what he once was and I'm not sure i'd describe him as a reliable pro. 

Then you've got the other two who seem to have zero confidence. 

21 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Get Buffon in next season...

I agree....

age doesn't seem to be an issue with some keepers Rozzer ....

That last seconds of the game save by Alan McGregor was "Banksesque" last night for the Bears against the Slavs ..

Nearly 40 years old is "old" Alan ....

• Like 1