Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

14 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yeah I know that, it’s just how it’s used that’s the difference. If you look at what big name Prem players post on there it’s usually quite impersonal, or they’ll use it to do charity stuff. I just think getting involved in discussing your own game or performance is such an obvious big no no as nothing good comes of it. 

He comes across to me like he’s struggling a bit, not just with the football but other stuff. Bet he reads every comment he gets on there which is really bad emotionally for him 

Possibly. I don't disagree that it isn't a good thing, it can't be healthy for any player's mental health.

It's something the PFA or whoever has the power should probably look into and try and educate players on more.

Good on you Izzy. On behalf of swfc I apologise for the crude and thoughtless comments.

Izzy obviously reads social media and fan forums. I and as well as other fans appreciate feedback and comments that come directly from the players. To see that Izzy has taken responsibility and has even posted his point of view is refreshing. Unfortunately some people will not thank him for either staying silent or posting a comment. Hopefully Izzy will ignore the ignoramuses who can only say negative comments.

Yes it was a bad corner. I think he didnt want to even take it in the first place. He was big enough to still have a go and it did not come off. He has admitted it was poor. Hopefully this will encourage him to work on the corners or swfc to work a better set up with the set plays.

Does it hurt him as much as it does us ?? I would say yes more so now social media makes it possible to connect with players. But as it is his job he cant have the emotions that fans have otherwise it would affect his football as much in a negative way as positive

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t know why they have social media.. it’s just embarrassing posting stuff like that 

It's the idiots that reply who are embarrassing. Especially the one who think it is ok to treat people like poo .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Possibly. I don't disagree that it isn't a good thing, it can't be healthy for any player's mental health.

It's something the PFA or whoever has the power should probably look into and try and educate players on more.

Players mental health !!!.??????... what about the fans mental health watching that week in week out 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Good on you Izzy. On behalf of swfc I apologise for the crude and thoughtless comments.

Izzy obviously reads social media and fan forums. I and as well as other fans appreciate feedback and comments that come directly from the players. To see that Izzy has taken responsibility and has even posted his point of view is refreshing. Unfortunately some people will not thank him for either staying silent or posting a comment. Hopefully Izzy will ignore the ignoramuses who can only say negative comments.

Yes it was a bad corner. I think he didnt want to even take it in the first place. He was big enough to still have a go and it did not come off. He has admitted it was poor. Hopefully this will encourage him to work on the corners or swfc to work a better set up with the set plays.

Does it hurt him as much as it does us ?? I would say yes more so now social media makes it possible to connect with players. But as it is his job he cant have the emotions that fans have otherwise it would affect his football as much in a negative way as positive

Agree with most of that except the "Big enough to take a corner " and "encourage him to work on them"

Any pro player or even amateur no matter what position they play should be able to get a ball 10ft off the ground and in to the area 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
18 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

It's the idiots that reply who are embarrassing. Especially the one who think it is ok to treat people like poo .

You can’t separate that out though. It’s like saying the weather would be perfect if it wasn’t raining when it’s raining. Social media and idiots go hand in hand so it’s a consideration when you decide to use it or not in the first place. 

Absolutley pants corner. 

I nutted the table at the time as I knew where it would end.

Not the only terrible corner this season.  Just one of many. 

Two side netting efforts by Pelupessy and Forestieri stick in the bean.

Don't see the point in going online to apologise though.

Only invites comment. 

Social media accounts....if they insist on having them .....I think should be managed by pa or agent.  

Too many chumps around. 

I heard the daughter of Captain Tom the other day, before his funeral , saying how they had to delete and hide loads of hate messages that had been sent to  the old boy. Disgusting stuff. 

It's a despicable world at times. Always has been.

But this social media game magnifies the ugliness to a greater level than the reality. 

Genuinly, managing a team. I'd have the squad all off it. 

• Like 4

The only thing izzy brown cares about is his bank balance and his social media rep

The players deserve everything they get (not abuse) 

They've entered a profession where they are paid very well to entertain and win football matches 

They love the praise when they are doing well, so should expect criticism when they are doing awful 

Anyone who actually believes izzy is hurting needs to stop watching football 

They guy will have forgot all about us by the end of may

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, the monk said:

Agree with most of that except the "Big enough to take a corner " and "encourage him to work on them"

Any pro player or even amateur no matter what position they play should be able to get a ball 10ft off the ground and in to the area 

Agree completely.  A lot of nonsense is talked about taking corners. You can't put it on one players head in a crowded penalty area. The aim is to kick a dead ball into a general area where your forwards attack it. You only have to clear the first man and not hit it too close to the keeper, the rest is up to the movement and skill of your forwards.  Obviously mistakes can occasionally be made but, for goodness sake, how hard can it be ?  These players have been training since they were kids.  All this raising an arm, or 2 arms, it's risible. Barry Bannan is wasteful aswell.  

Of course, that one corner shouldn't have mattered if we'd have been 2-0 up but the fact is we weren't and it DID matter.

The fact is we had a gilt edged opportunity to beat Birmingham and get out of the bottom 3, we wasted it. Then we were 2-0 up v Luton and casually threw it away. We then get another great opportunity and put in another dreadful performance.   I see ZERO chance of them "putting it right" or "going again" against reading and Norwich.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Pathetic corner that cost us getting anything from the biggest game of the season. A professional player taking a corner like that was criminal.  He’s offered nothing since he’s been here. 

Yes it was a poor corner, we've been seeing it all season from various players BUT it certainly wasn't the one thing that us cost getting anything from the game.

What cost us was the inability to put the ball in the net and I'm not only pointing at Patterson for that.

7 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Completely agree. Its certainly the case that the squad is devoid of confidence.

I think however, that many people interpret that lack of confidence as players not caring when I genuinely dont think that is the case. 

Yep! You can see they care. 

Guest Therealrealist
18 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Yes it was a poor corner, we've been seeing it all season from various players BUT it certainly wasn't the one thing that us cost getting anything from the game.

What cost us was the inability to put the ball in the net and I'm not only pointing at Patterson for that.

The corner cost us a point and handed our relegation rivals 3...it was the corner...you cannot say the corner didnt cost us

It was sheite but let's be reight ...for the last 4 seasons we've not worked on taking throw-ins that gives us an advantage. Corners ...throw-ins...free kicks. I'm struggling to know exactly what gets practiced and worked on in training. 

One corner didn't mess up this season, it's been endemic within the club for fooooking years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Agreed. But I really think he wasn't meant to take the corner. He left the ball in the quarter circle and started to run towards the edge of the box. Nobody came to take it so he went back knowing time was at a premium and rushed it. Thus saving time but doing something he was not feeling confidant doing. If he had over hit the corner Rotherham would have countered.

As for practising its something that Beckham and Ronaldo was known far. They would stay after training to take kicks from dead ball situations over and over. An hour a day will improve and help produce a more accurate and consistent strike of the ball. The fact he was fairly fresh after just coming on and the importance of the situation in the final minute I think a more experienced pro would have wasted 20 to 30 seconds before taking it so Rotherham could not have time after the corner to counter attack. 

Taking a good corner is not luck. It takes loads of practise to get good at them. The area is 50 yards away and where the ball needs to be at head height the difference of half a yard makes all the difference of being a good or bad corner. I dont think we have scored from a corner all season. Just lumping the ball into the penalty area hoping we get a head on it is not good enough.

Ron atkinson was the best at  coming up with imaginative free kicks and corners. I know its something that training sessions sometimes was totally devoted to practising new routines. Mainly on days after night games when legs are still stiff. The Sheridan to Worthington down the line free kick worked lots of times.

If I was Izzy I would have stayed an extra 2 hours practising corners with 3 defenders zone marking and a GK then a forward aiming at the edge of goal area and dropping on the length of front back and middle of goal. The difference to how accurate his corners are would drastically improve.

• Like 1

How Big of Izzy to admit he screwed up.  Trouble is that he looks so lackadaisical all the time which doesn’t help.  Waddle looked the same but he was an unbelievable player and had an end product.  Izzy doesn’t and that is why he won’t make it at Chelsea and will not be a premier league standard player