Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

1 minute ago, longreach said:

I'm not arguing anything with you.  I'm just waiting for the grown-ups to arrive in this thread.

Ok but you’ll be waiting forever, if you think anyone is going to come along and agree players like Izzie Brown give a rats ass as much as we do. You’re on another planet 

• Like 3

We haven't played well since we lost to Stoke in December 2019.

The few wins we have had have been narrow, smash and grab wins by the odd goal.  Our points accumulation and goal scoring for 15 months has been diabolical.

Izzy Browns one poor corner is what it is - a mistake by a footballer.  For most other teams it wouldnt be an issue but we then compounded that mistake in the following 20 seconds to concede.  Its just one isolated incident in 15 months of truly awful form.

By coincidence we failed to pay the players for the first time in December 2019.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Ok but you’ll be waiting forever, if you think anyone is going to come along and agree players like Izzie Brown give a rats ass as much as we do. You’re on another planet 

Do you really think he couldn't be bothered to kick the ball harder and higher?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reggae said:

Very good post. 

Social media is a 2 way sword. 

Best way is don't get involved. 

I can remember talking to Jay bothroyd after his stupid post about "do you expect me to chase my own flick ons" (or similar) 

He got took to pieces by the super Sheffield wednesday social media fans. 

He was right. But he was just amazed by the vitriol and he handed transfer request in next day. 

Im sure that izzy didn't mean to take a bad corner.

He shouldn't need to defend it. 

Shouldn't need to defend it??????    unbelievable.....keep clapping...

Just now, mcmigo said:

Do you really think he couldn't be bothered to kick the ball harder and higher?

Forget the corner. I’m talking about him the player overall. And he’s in good company. But he just signifies the absolute shambles of the past 12 months. Lazy, uninterested and barely bloody fit all year 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 00.55.37.jpg

First it was Gary Teale's Bentley 

Then it was Gary Fletchers sportscar

Now it's Izzy Brown's car

Our fans really don't like our players having cars do they?

Are our fans the weirdest when it comes to players having cars?

lol

Cos it's a sign of where you are in the pyramid of life, its supporters with rubbish cars who think their worth more than a Talbut or a Sunbeam, and look on in envy.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Forget the corner. I’m talking about him the player overall. And he’s in good company. But he just signifies the absolute shambles of the past 12 months. Lazy, uninterested and barely bloody fit all year 

Oh there it is again

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh there it is again

Sorry I forgot. We love lazy, uninterested players at Wednesday who are just here for a pay check. How silly of me. We’re probably the best in the business for giving these type of players a home 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

He’s a poor player stealing a living but that’s modern football for you, 9 times out of 10 Bannan fails to put the ball past  the first defender and no one says a word.  We didn’t concede that goal because of a sh it corner, it was because we lacked organisation, leadership, commitment and desire, until we sign players will all these mindsets we will continue to wallow in sh it for many more years to come.

BB critiqued week in & week out on here for his poor technique at corners,and not beating the first man.....Owlstalk often involved in discussions with others, dont know why people use examples  that simply are not accurate...Its like the 'its all monks fault' myth.......he brought all these poor players into the Club...

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 00.55.37.jpg

First it was Gary Teale's Bentley 

Then it was Gary Fletchers sportscar

Now it's Izzy Brown's car

Our fans really don't like our players having cars do they?

Are our fans the weirdest when it comes to players having cars?

lol

I drive a Volvo, I hope this doesn't upset other fans. lol

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And replaced by 14 more - then what?
You think they'll succeed here at this club?

I think we have a current regime that is based on failure. Chairman, advisors, coaches (Not including the Darren Moore and new staff), and players. So yes we need to rid this club of all the failures (and they have proven to be that) and start again. We have too many players that are self-hyped, pundit hyped, that haven't given this club anything back. 

I think that a certain type of player - up and coming (lower league, possibly young released from PL) - 'wants to succeed' - an already established player from the higher leagues very rarely gets better, and just drops through the leagues as they get worse. The lower league players are cheaper also. We need to stop signing journeymen who have constantly failed, or not proven themselves elsewhere.

Unfortunately our neighbours have done it successfully. Bolton have continued with Plan A.

Looked horribly lazy to me. Disinterested in the corner and when he hit it like an 11 year old schoolboy who'd just played 90 minutes. Then he did a pathetic little skip then jogged back hoping someone would fix his mistake. 

We're talking about a England under 20 international professional footballer from Chelsea here, who had been on the pitch for just 15 minutes. 

Act lazy and you get called lazy regardless of levels of skin melanation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Point proven 👆

Only to yourself mate TBH.......nothing wrong with being a Republican,or critiquing the Royals as long as its fair..I think most of the points i have seen in this thread are very balanced and civilly made....

The main undercurrent is sadness at whats happened to our Club,not anger,except at those we feel allegedly dont share our  sadness & disappointment

Players can take us for drink,or take us for a meal,but dont take us for fools.....cos that really does hurt..

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He isn't match fit because he usually isn't being picked to play matches.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Looked horribly lazy to me. Disinterested in the corner and when he hit it like an 11 year old schoolboy who'd just played 90 minutes. Then he did a pathetic little skip then jogged back hoping someone would fix his mistake. 

We're talking about a England under 20 international professional footballer from Chelsea here, who had been on the pitch for just 15 minutes. 

Act lazy and you get called lazy regardless of levels of skin melanation. 

With the best will in the world, the corner taker has absolutely no chance of getting back to defend that situation.  They are literally in the very corner of the field so as far away as they could possibly be to a counter attack.   He was best staying up given we were chasing a winner,  on the assumption that the defenders could deal with the 10 men of mighty Rotherham.

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll just point this out to everyone

Jordan Rhodes - said he wasn't up for taking a penalty so got attacked for it by our fans ever since

Izzy Brown - the ONLY player to go and take the corner, makes a hash of it and gets attacked for it by our fans ever since

If you didn't see last night's game watch the extended highlights and instead of paying attention to izzy's horrific corner watch the couple of minutes before it when we got a corner in the last 10 seconds of the game and in a hurry to try and win it and not a single Sheffield Wednesday player would go and take the corner

They all just stood there like statues looking at each other - every one of them

Except Izzy Brown

See for yourself when the video comes out

I’d imagine from the players on the field Brown was most suitable to taking the corner.

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Seriously did you expect everyone to be reyt happy at the moment? 

Seriously, no I don't, but then I don't usually agree with calling people a "twohat" either....But hey, that's just me.