Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why?
In what way?

For a start it’s bad for your mental health and productivity. I have it.. my job involves making calls on financial markets and if you follow people from that sort of community everyone has an opinion and it gets exhausting/makes you doubt yourself.

Its the same for footballers in that people just spout any old opinion and it could make them paranoid if they read too much. That tweet is embarrassing because everyone knows it’s a bad corner, he doesn’t need to own it. And all the stuff about putting it right, well they say that every time and never do so it’s embarrassing to promise something you can’t deliver. 

Also remember him saying to people ‘message me at the end of the season etc’ when receiving stick. Well that’s not looking good either 

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t know why they have social media.. it’s just embarrassing posting stuff like that 

It's 2021, most people have some form of social media. In a few years I think you'll struggle to find a professional footballer who doesn't have at least one of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and will have basically grown up having it. It'll be an engrained part of their lives as it already is for lots of people.

How do you put right tonight’s  debacle on Saturday? Is it double points on Saturday and I didn’t know?

Or are they planning on building a time machine on Saturday to replay the game and for Izzy to take a great corner?

Either way I don’t begrudge the lad having a car. Loads of people have them. I bloke I know has even got a Porsche! It’s one of of 4x4 ones though, not the sporty ones. Not that it matters, the point is....I’m not sure, actually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's 2021, most people have some form of social media. In a few years I think you'll struggle to find a professional footballer who doesn't have at least one of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and will have basically grown up having it. It'll be an engrained part of their lives as it already is for lots of people.

Yeah I know that, it’s just how it’s used that’s the difference. If you look at what big name Prem players post on there it’s usually quite impersonal, or they’ll use it to do charity stuff. I just think getting involved in discussing your own game or performance is such an obvious big no no as nothing good comes of it. 

He comes across to me like he’s struggling a bit, not just with the football but other stuff. Bet he reads every comment he gets on there which is really bad emotionally for him