Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

I get that people are angry, but I don’t understand the need for berating the guy on Twitter. 

He’s obviously shot of confidence in a poor team. He’s performed for Luton and Hudds when given chance, so there’s definitely a player there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My take on it is ....stay off SM Izzy, it was a terrible corner, coming on and apologising to the fans when feelings are through the roof is not a wise move at all...setting himself up for a few days of negativity, does he need it as a professional footballer? 

The sooner he goes back to his club the better - terrible footballer with loads of others that are collecting a wage here.

But the sad thing is we have much bigger issues then IB on social media on the horizon with Chansiri running the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

Not just Brown is it.

Among the amount of ‘professionals’ at this club, a surprisingly small amount can kick a football properly, control one, move into space for team mate, organise themselves or make the right pass selection....

Or as the much maligned Garry Monk used to say  'I dont coach them to play like that'....so they are either footballers with poor technique & not at Championship level,or they dont give a flying ****

Which do you think it is? or do you think for some both?

1 minute ago, Clusky said:

I get that people are angry, but I don’t understand the need for berating the guy on Twitter. 

He’s obviously shot of confidence in a poor team. He’s performed for Luton and Hudds when given chance, so there’s definitely a player there. 

I know if I'd done something as bad as that as a professional footballer i'd be straight on twitter throwing meat to the wolves expecting everyone to be nice. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I think we have a current regime that is based on failure. Chairman, advisors, coaches (Not including the Darren Moore and new staff), and players. So yes we need to rid this club of all the failures (and they have proven to be that) and start again. We have too many players that are self-hyped, pundit hyped, that haven't given this club anything back. 

I think that a certain type of player - up and coming (lower league, possibly young released from PL) - 'wants to succeed' - an already established player from the higher leagues very rarely gets better, and just drops through the leagues as they get worse. The lower league players are cheaper also. We need to stop signing journeymen who have constantly failed, or not proven themselves elsewhere.

Unfortunately our neighbours have done it successfully. Bolton have continued with Plan A.

Nothing to do with 'type' of player.

Marriot was superstar in league 1 a couple of years ago.

Dele Bashiru and Brown are signed from Man City and Chelsea respectively.

Windass you would say is a 'hungry' player who wants to succeed.

They fit your profile.

They just lack quality and confidence.

And of course, 4 out of the 11 last night were home grown -  Wildsmith, Palmer, Penney, Shaw.  Should we scrap the youth set up?

I don't know what people expect.

When there are defeats like that emotions run high.

Players do get scapegoated and its human nature. A game is 90 odd mins and a team effort but moments of inepitude can stand out worse than others. So we focus our ire on them.

Woods in 93 for example, awful keeping but we gave away a free header and had other chances to win.

Potters three corners....

Countless other examples.

The fact Brown hasnt shown much this season and has seemed unfit and disinterested doesnt help when its him thats taken the corner.

He now has the chance to do good this season but unfortunately people wont forget the corner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We had 15 chances to score last night - FIFTEEN

Anyone thinking it was only Izzy Brown's corner or Izzy Brown at fault clearly just wants to blame Izzy Brown

There were mistakes all over the park

There were errors of judgement

Equally there was a fantastic number of chances to score

Izzy Brown = just a scapegoat

(and the only player who ran over to take the corner when the entire squad stood like statues for ages when we won it because nobody else would take it)

Totally agree with your wider point I think we had maybe one shot on target(again Professional footballers unable to get a shot on target) Patterson 2 great chances where he should have scored,Reach a great chance in front of goal,but blasts it over the bar....& so on..

Brown is one of a number of players who got it utterly wrong.......but most didnt put their head over the parapet on social media

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I don't know what people expect.

When there are defeats like that emotions run high.

Players do get scapegoated and its human nature. A game is 90 odd mins and a team effort but moments of inepitude can stand out worse than others. So we focus our ire on them.

Woods in 93 for example, awful keeping but we gave away a free header and had other chances to win.

Potters three corners....

Countless other examples.

The fact Brown hasnt shown much this season and has seemed unfit and disinterested doesnt help when its him thats taken the corner.

He now has the chance to do good this season but unfortunately people wont forget the corner.

This is a really fair overview and 100% correct

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, parajack said:

Totally agree with your wider point I think we had maybe one shot on target(again Professional footballers unable to get a shot on target) Patterson 2 great chances where he should have scored,Reach a great chance in front of goal,but blasts it over the bar....& so on..

Brown is one of a number of players who got it utterly wrong.......but most didnt put their head over the parapet on social media

It's all lack of confidence and belief mixed with a splattering of poor quality

Brown going on social media and fronting it up to me isn't a bad thing

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd like to bet he won't do it again....and I wouldn't blame him.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think its a wise move at all really, a player who is seemingly already lacking confidence is not going to get any help by going on SM wanting fans to be nice to him after that ...ESPECIALLY the way SM is at the moment.

Just now, TaxiMark said:

I don't think its a wise move at all really, a player who is seemingly already lacking confidence is not going to get any help by going on SM wanting fans to be nice to him after that ...ESPECIALLY the way SM is at the moment.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 09.43.18.jpg

He's getting plenty of supportive messages

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Mister Soul said:

I think his tweet is very brave. It was an awful corner (and an even worse outcome). 
Hes stood up and accepted responsibility. I don’t recall many  of our other players doing the same this season .. and there have been a few mistakes made! 

If our players don't stand up, front the fans and apologise they get slaughtered by our fans

If our players DO stand up, front the fans and apologise they get slaughtered by our fans

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If our players don't stand up, front the fans and apologise they get slaughtered by our fans

If our players DO stand up, front the fans and apologise they get slaughtered by our fans

No not all our fans. That’s a sweeping statement.

Not all our fans are thick.

Some of us have a balanced view and welcome the honesty.