Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

5 minutes ago, lambownumber5 said:

Although Harris's defending was a steaming bag of excrement, he's a winger and Its never easy when you're last man being ran towards your own goal. He could have tried to take him out but could easily have been left on his arse. As it was he showed him far too much and a player who's done nothing all season had time to look up and curl one in from 25 yards out. 

Have you heard of taking one for the team? I reckon he could have been decked by Harris well before he got into the box and I mean rugby tackle style, the way Iorfa and Odubajo do it. There is a lot of rubbish talked about hindsight, but when the ball hit their defender in the stomach from the corner and he then cleared it wide, I went cold. I think a lot of us feared the worst when the ball got pinged down the pitch, but to be fair to the lad, what a finish! It was like something from lucas Joao's bag of tricks.

Hopefully Joao has an off day tomorrow and our strikers are all wearing Billy's old magic boots!

23 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Have you heard of taking one for the team? I reckon he could have been decked by Harris well before he got into the box and I mean rugby tackle style, the way Iorfa and Odubajo do it. There is a lot of rubbish talked about hindsight, but when the ball hit their defender in the stomach from the corner and he then cleared it wide, I went cold. I think a lot of us feared the worst when the ball got pinged down the pitch, but to be fair to the lad, what a finish! It was like something from lucas Joao's bag of tricks.

Hopefully Joao has an off day tomorrow and our strikers are all wearing Billy's old magic boots!

Off course pal, Harris was trying to follow the coaching manual: jockey and hold them up awaiting defensive reinforcements. Unfortunately the only red cards we're capable of acquiring are rash and completely needless ones. 

• Like 1