Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole 'sick of hearing the same old same old' is user error in my opinion mate

You WILL get the same old same old because that's how it works

What do you expect Izzy Brown for instance to say last night after that corner/performance?

As for the get rid of them all line - let's say this did happen (and 14 players could walk away from this club at the end of their contract in a few months - FOURTEEN) do you believe this chairman and his advisor will recruit better ones?

And then this time next year don't you think we will see another load of players just walking away at the end of their contracts?

And then the year after?

I know it's crappy at the moment but the club just isn't set up to succeed - it's set up to repeat the exact same sequence

I don't see us getting worse ones (I know you may think that's an over reaction) but where's the fight, where's the self pride? 

We all sit and defend them week in week out, maybe its time to just tell it like it is, they are overrated, highly paid, time wasters, that are ruining our club (not solely - others are also playing a big part). but these players are utter dross. 

I just don't want to hear the "We'll try better next time" - footballers use this all the time. 17.00pm on Saturday, we'll be hearing the same line from another player, then another etc. We've heard it now for years. I'd rather they not say it, because we all know its a lie.

I realise the club isn't set up to succeed with the current chairman and his 'advisor'. But, how many of us on here would say on paper (chairman aside) we have a squad that should NOT be in the position we are in?

It cant always be the chairman's fault, he doesn't take to the pitch.

We have a league one squad at best (bar Iorfa, who is our only saleable asset).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why though?
Then he allows people to start with the 'he doesn't care' stuff

Does he care?

Does any of them care?

Do I care?

The answer to all 3 at the minute is a big fat no

Playing  your devils advocate card at the moment is not the thing to do.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Read this back a few times mate

Mate, I've defended these players to the hilt this season, as have many on here. Enough is enough, I cant defend any of them.

I aren't pointing the finger solely at Izzy Brown either. He did step up to take the corner and it was a bad one. But there was 90+ minutes before that, that we were served up utter dross. I struggle to see how some of these players are actually professional.

Offering new contracts to players that are 'highly paid' to continue to under perform is madness. Rewarding failure (that is the Chairman's fault).

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Mate, I've defended these players to the hilt this season, as have many on here. Enough is enough, I cant defend any of them. 

The players are poor, have a lack of confidence, 14 of them are out of contract in a few months

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, longreach said:

What a fantastic and insightful post........I'd have been so proud of myself if I'd been as eloquent as you.

Well it doesn’t mean the same. It means nowhere near the same. Those are the cold hard facts. Would you argue otherwise? 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Well it doesn’t mean the same. It means nowhere near the same. Those are the cold hard facts. Would you argue otherwise? 

I'm not arguing anything with you.  I'm just waiting for the grown-ups to arrive in this thread.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

He actually drives a Lamborghini Urus for what it's worth. See him most days on my drive over to Huddersfield. 

Ahh..thats oreyt then

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why?
In what way?

Because its too little,too late,and the fans are sick of the excuses of professional footballers who fail to do the basics...and seem to think that putting things out on social media will placate the fans....it doesn't,and it hasn't....

we want them to talk on the  football field,to show us by their actions ,that they care,not on social media.

Show us it hurts there.....

• Like 1