Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

12 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

There is nothing Wednesday fans like better than laying into their own players. For years now every time we lose you can guarantee thread after thread saying the players dont try, dont care, are stealing a wage etc etc.

It's always time for a clear out. And when the new players come in, they are soon on the clear out list too.

The truth is we have a mismatched squad of poor players who have been passed from manager to manager. Is it any wonder they haven't got a clue what they are doing. This is the 4th manager of the season, with new instructions, tactics etc. We would have won last night if we had recruited a semi competent striker.

As usual the blame should be on the incompetent running of the club rather than individual players who are generally just not good enough or poorly coached or poorly recruited and utilised.

Pretty much agree with all of that. However we do have some very good players that for a variety of reasons are lacking confidence to play their normal game. No matter how much money you are paid, if you’re lacking confidence your work will be below par. That’s just a fact of life.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - it's all the players all the time
And managers too - it's their fault - all those managers

And Lee Bullen and NIcky Weaver too

All the players

All the managers
All the coaches
The physios

etc etc

How do people expect the playing squad to be successful when the whole club is set up to fail.

- We've been fighting a points deduction all season 

- Players haven't been paid properly 

- We've had 4 managers all asking players to play with different set ups, tactics etc

- We have a hugely unbalanced squad without a proper striker in it

It really isnt surprising that we are performing so badly given the above. Saying the players dont care is an easy answer to a big problem.

We'll probably have a very different looking squad next season given all the contracts that are running out. But I bet we will still be having the same conversation about 'lazy' and 'greedy' players.

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Pretty much agree with all of that. However we do have some very good players that for a variety of reasons are lacking confidence to play their normal game. No matter how much money you are paid, if you’re lacking confidence your work will be below par. That’s just a fact of life.

Completely agree. Its certainly the case that the squad is devoid of confidence.

I think however, that many people interpret that lack of confidence as players not caring when I genuinely dont think that is the case. 

• Love 1

So I've pretty much accepted that we're down, but while it's mathematically possible, Moore's got to have a go. The games still have to be played.

To my mind, the likes of Paterson and Windass are grafters, but they're simply not good enough to create anything.

There are 3 players in the squad with this sort of quality - Reach, Bannan and Brown (+ maybe Shaw).

If I was Moore, I'd spend the remainder of the season trying to get a tune out of those 3/4 players, because everyone else giving "100%" is simply not enough on its own

19 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

How do people expect the playing squad to be successful when the whole club is set up to fail.

- We've been fighting a points deduction all season 

- Players haven't been paid properly 

- We've had 4 managers all asking players to play with different set ups, tactics etc

- We have a hugely unbalanced squad without a proper striker in it

It really isnt surprising that we are performing so badly given the above. Saying the players dont care is an easy answer to a big problem.

We'll probably have a very different looking squad next season given all the contracts that are running out. But I bet we will still be having the same conversation about 'lazy' and 'greedy' players.

Agreed.  It's like many of us have been saying; all our problems can be traced back to the same root cause.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Last week or week before 

The posts were in reference to the stick he got from Sunderland fans for the photo with the car, no Wednesday fans were aiming abuse at him for it. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

With the best will in the world, the corner taker has absolutely no chance of getting back to defend that situation.  They are literally in the very corner of the field so as far away as they could possibly be to a counter attack.   He was best staying up given we were chasing a winner,  on the assumption that the defenders could deal with the 10 men of mighty Rotherham.

Watch it again, watch the 40 odd yards striker marriot makes to very nearly stop them. 

Then watch what Izzy Brown does. 

Watch what Bannon does when he makes an error. 

Izzy Brown had been on the pitch 15 minutes and had fresher legs than anyone. 

It's interesting that some want to absolve footballers on thousands of pounds a week from showing effort and solely point the finger at the owner. 

Izzy Brown has undoubtedly got ability but without effort he'll go nowhere. 

Footballers should amend their errors on the pitch not on social media. 

• Like 1

Just now, sharrowowl said:

Watch it again, watch the 40 odd yards striker marriot makes to very nearly stop them. 

Then watch what Izzy Brown does. 

Watch what Bannon does when he makes an error. 

Izzy Brown had been on the pitch 15 minutes and had fresher legs than anyone. 

It's interesting that some want to absolve footballers on thousands of pounds a week from showing effort and solely point the finger at the owner. 

Izzy Brown has undoubtedly got ability but without effort he'll go nowhere. 

Footballers should amend their errors on the pitch not on social media. 

We were trying to score a winner.

Why, in those circumstances, would you expect the player who is in the very corner of the field when the break away starts and so has absolutely no chance to get back in time to stop the break, to race back.  Did you expect the whole team to race back to face 2 Rotherham attackers?  what if we had won the ball back, who would Harris or Borner have passed to if the whole team had poured back to their own goal line?

• Love 1

From the moment Rotherham took possession, and Brown was in the corner, to the shot being taken approx 80/85 yards away on the other side of the pitch , was 11 seconds.

Usain Bolt might have got there to be fair.

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We were trying to score a winner.

Why, in those circumstances, would you expect the player who is in the very corner of the field when the break away starts and so has absolutely no chance to get back in time to stop the break, to race back.  Did you expect the whole team to race back to face 2 Rotherham attackers?  what if we had won the ball back, who would Harris or Borner have passed to if the whole team had poured back to their own goal line?

OK. 

Just now, Worksop Wednesday said:

Izzy ( a footballer ?) Brown.

(Thinks he ) Plays for -  Chelsea (had several loans clubs including once at Rotherham).

Correction - twice on loan to Rotherham 

I don't think he plays for Chelsea to be fair - I think they just own him and loan him out

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think he plays for Chelsea to be fair - I think they just own him and loan him out

exactly - that's why I wrote (Thinks he ) !!!

Pretty sure he would introduce himself as 'I'm Izzy , I play for Chelsea' !!!

Doubt he would say 'Hi, I'm Izzy and Chelsea own me !' 

I'm not gonna blame Brown for our downfall last night

Its a terrible corner no doubting that but

a)we've not put the game to bed already and certainly against 10 men

b) Paterson has missed a hat ful of chances

c) defending for both goals is absolutely shocking, no effort, no desire, no intelligence, just backing off, backing off, backing off - put a ******** foot in you numpties

d) Penney is god dam awful at defending. Should never play left back again for us. Dreadful

Also

e) plenty of opportunity to stop the counter attack for their winner but again, no desire, no heart, no effort to block, stop or put a foot in, even foul someone, no cutting edge, no craft, no guile, no nasty streak. Just weak, ******** poor wet wipes

They should just keep their mouths shut. 

How many times do they say the same thing, that they’re going to put it right, and then the next game it’s the same poo

The fans have had enough with the squad and their fake apologies 

And I call them fake because I see the severe lack of fight, bottle and application every time they walk out on that pitch 

• Like 2

Go down your local park now and take ten corners. It is almost impossible to take a corner as bad as Izzy Brown did last night. It is no exaggeration that it's the worst corner I have ever seen.

Now he is getting paid x amount a week and produces a corner that let's not beat around the bush - some of our U12s could have done better.

I feel like that corner defines not only Izzy Brown contribution to the season but also the teams.

What was even worse, with 30 seconds to go, was the lack of effort by any player to get the ball and take the corner to try and win the bloody game.

Only Brown very reluctantly took it when it seemed no one else wanted to.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

What was even worse, with 30 seconds to go, was the lack of effort by any player to get the ball and take the corner to try and win the bloody game. 

As you say that was way worse and way more of an issue than the corner itself

Owlstalk Shop