BREAKING - Barry Bannan signs new contract till 2023

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shaw could potentially earn the club millions. Bannan won’t. 

That’s why the priorities are wrong. We need to generate revenue to move forward. Something DC fails to grasp.

I'd rather we focused on Ozase and extending his deal. He is consistent in his performances and absolutely solid at the back.

With him in the team I think even Iorfa will struggle to get back into our starting 11

16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

At least we will get a few £ for him if we do go down. 

Exactly. An extension with the right clause covers everyone without forcing them to commit if we go down or if a big club comes up with the cash.

If only we’d had that applied to two contracts this week.

People shouldn't try and compare Bannan and Shaw. 

You lose Bannan, you've lost a leader and one of the first names on the team sheet. 

We should have done better to keep Shaw, but just as simple as 'offering some of what we paid Bannan' isn't the answer. 

Keep Bannan, try our best to keep Lees and a few others, then SORT OUT THE ACADEMY STRUCTURE, so we don't lose the next lot.

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

As he ages, we're just going to grind to a halt on the pitch. Best days are so far behind him now that we should have let him move on.

Theres no way Barry Bannan is going to be past it at 33, he's our captain and only 31.

Norwich doing alright with Vrancic pulling strings for them at Bannans age now, and Cleverley.  

I dont see any problem with this at all, but what we have to do is start planning for 2 years time when his contract is up again and hes nearly 34. We have 2 years to try and get a replacement/develop someone. 

Who knows, lets hope Alex Hunt comes on in the next year or so.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Theres no way Barry Bannan is going to be past it at 33, he's our captain and only 31.

Norwich doing alright with Vrancic pulling strings for them at Bannans age now, and Cleverley.  

I dont see any problem with this at all, but what we have to do is start planning for 2 years time when his contract is up again and hes nearly 34. We have 2 years to try and get a replacement/develop someone. 

Who knows, lets hope Alex Hunt comes on in the next year or so.

Just realised I pinned any hopes of the club forward planning. Lol. FFS.

• Like 1