BREAKING - Barry Bannan signs new contract till 2023

4 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Great news and a reasonable size contract to suit both parties. Glad its not a 4 year etc and weve learnt our lesson from previous players. 

However this is also completely dispells the rumours about Shaw and the fact we didn't give him a competive offer as if we've got enough to sign Bannan/Hutch, we've got enough to sign Shaw

The offer made to Bannan has no bearing on the offer made to Shaw, though.

Anyway, back to the story at hand - it's positive news that Bannan is sticking around. Let's hope we can build a team of comparable quality around him so that we don't have to over rely on him next season.

Caught me by surprise. I didn’t expect him to stay until we could guarantee what division we will be in. 

Surely has to be some sort of clause if we drop down a division. I just can’t imagine Bannan playing L1 football.

Either way, I’m going to stick my next out and say it’s not the best thing to do. As much as a I’m a huge fan of Bannan, he’s 31 and you can only assume he’s on a big deal! If anything under Wednesday I’ve learned players don’t get better and fitter going into their mid 30s. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't think this announcement has been rushed out to chill everyone out and change the narrative?

Not sure you understand how PR works

A very popular player, fans’ favourite, club captain has signed a new deal before knowing which league we’ll be in next season.

I know how PR works but there is spin and there is signatures on bits of paper called contracts.

FWIW I probably wouldn’t have re-signed him but I don’t know the details.

I just think it’s quite funny considering yesterday’s narrative on here.

In Chansiri we trust!!

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Loyalty hahaa

Whose he turning down for us? 

He's got it made here

Two year deal, first name on the teamsheet, the main man, family settled - at 31. 

Like you say he’s got it bob on here. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a relegation release clause in there too. 

Help us stay up now Barry.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
19 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

As title.

He must be mental.

Before I opened this thread, the words “is he mental” we’re the first thing that came to mind!

Just now, SiJ said:

He would have had plenty of offers.

Brentford bid for him not so long ago.

Will he? 

Let's see them 

Brentford made a bid they knew we wouldn't accept 

No repeat bid after 

Bannan has it made here 

Laughing all the way to the bank 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

Will he? 

Let's see them 

Brentford made a bid they knew we wouldn't accept 

No repeat bid after 

Bannan has it made here 

Laughing all the way to the bank 

Right...

You're sort of implying that he phones it in all the time and picks up his pay cheque.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Two year deal, first name on the teamsheet, the main man, family settled - at 31. 

Like you say he’s got it bob on here. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a relegation release clause in there too. 

Help us stay up now Barry.

Winds me up when people say players are loyal and have no evidence of other clubs after them 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Or just keep Shaw completely out of it altogether. This threads about Bannan signing on, but the same posters CANT WAIT to get in their twopence about Shaw 

Just give it a rest for one bleeding moment 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing at all to do with Shaw

Let's keep it on topic

I wasn’t the person that said keep Shaw and discard Bannan. I was responding to other posts on this thread.